Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2011, 12:46 AM

8,806 posts, read 6,116,012 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
What for? You are not offended by them and agree with them.

But it represents you. You agree with the signs, yet you claim it doesn't represent your movement

You should stop putting words into people's mouths as I never said I agree with them, except that I think Obama looks like a monkey due to his ears, and I said the same about Bush 43.

The signs don't offend me, but not much does, so what's your point? I'm also not black, btw, so why would it offend me anyway?

What one person does in "my movement" does not represent me, nor does it represent the movement as a whole.

: smack:

Old 06-25-2011, 12:48 AM

Quote:
But they are not offended by the signs, Yet they claim it doesn't represent the tea party.

Talking out of both sides of their mouth.
Please explain why a white person would be offended by a sign that accuses Obama of "white slavery."

Old 06-25-2011, 12:48 AM

18,258 posts, read 22,543,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrea3821 View Post
Even so, what's the point? It's ONE sign out of millions of TPers.
.....who all basically think the same way. If you pride yourself on being a Tea Partier and believe that your opinions are representative of the movement then you will need to "get it" that your opinions also tend to be quite unapologetically bigoted.

Old 06-25-2011, 12:50 AM

11,531 posts, read 10,296,868 times
Quote:
You should stop putting words into people's mouths as I never said I agree with them, except that I think Obama looks like a monkey

What one person does in "my movement" does not represent me,
WTF? You don't agree with the signs, yet you do. The signs don't represent your feelings, yet they do.

Quote:
The signs don't offend me, I'm also not black, btw, so why would it offend me anyway?
Say no more.

Old 06-25-2011, 12:51 AM

Quote:
The race card does not have a positive connotation as your definition would imply. It's usually an unwarranted accusation that someone is a racist. If someone is attacking Cain b/c he is a BLACK conservative, that is warranted. That is not playing the race card.

Old 06-25-2011, 12:52 AM

218 posts, read 148,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
.....who all basically think the same way. If you pride yourself on being a Tea Partier and believe that your opinions are representative of the movement then you will need to "get it" that your opinions also tend to be quite unapologetically bigoted.
LOL

Old 06-25-2011, 12:53 AM

18,258 posts, read 22,543,681 times
Quote:
The race card does not have a positive connotation as your definition would imply. It's usually an unwarranted accusation that someone is a racist. If someone is attacking Cain b/c he is a BLACK conservative, that is warranted. That is not playing the race card.
Contradiction much?

LOL

Old 06-25-2011, 12:54 AM

218 posts, read 148,529 times
Quote:
Cain was criticized because of his stupid and silly statement about all bills having to be limited to three pages if he were President! NOT because he is black. Yet Cain jumped in saying that Stewart criticized him because he is black. That's "playing the race card." No way around it. There is nothing racist about being silly and making stupid statements.

Old 06-25-2011, 12:55 AM

Quote:
Hmmm, when a Black person has a valid complaint regarding ill treatment based on "race" or "color" and they verbalize this complaint they are immediately accused of throwing out the "race" card. But when Herman Cain does THE EXACT SAME THING, its somehow not the "race" card?

You can't have it both ways
NO, the race card is played when it is NOT a valid argument. The race card is played when there is no honest reason for whatever the issue is at hand, it's used as an excuse.

Stop playing dumb, people.

Old 06-25-2011, 12:55 AM

11,531 posts, read 10,296,868 times
Quote:
Contradiction much?

LOL
Every post she makes is a contradiction. The signs are not racist, yet don't you dare accuse the average tea partier of agreeing with them. The signs don't represent the tea party, yet as a tea partier I embrace them and agree with them.

wtf????
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies