Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2011, 10:39 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,292,958 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rfr69 View Post
Recently it was proposed that anyone over 18 living in public housing in Chicago would have to be drug tested.

Of course people came out saying "oh your picking on the poor" , "that's not fair", etc.

How come me a contributing working member of society who pays my own way can be drug tested for a job but CHA residents who live off you and I's dime can't be tested because its an invasion of their privacy?

If I complained the gov would say you don't have to work there go find a place that doesn't drug test if you dont like it.

What's wrong with saying to CHA residents, you don't like being drug tested pay your own way and pay for your own housing and you won't have to be.

Personally I would even be reasonable enough as to say up to 6 months no test as sometimes people just need a legup but majority of public housing residents in Chicago live their entire lives in public housing, it's not a legup its a lifestyle and choice paid for by you and I.
For ford's sake, quitcher whining and work to get the law changed, or suck it up.
Your tax dollars would be used to pay for testing. How do you feel about adding extra $$ to your already whine-worthy taxrate?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2011, 10:49 AM

1,096 posts, read 4,528,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
For ford's sake, quitcher whining and work to get the law changed, or suck it up.
Your tax dollars would be used to pay for testing. How do you feel about adding extra $$ to your already whine-worthy taxrate?
Like I said, a big part of it is principal. I'd happily pay for drug testing over some physically able dude who has a sidekick and an eldorado with 2k rims getting my money to sit around smoking blunts and playing playstation all day.

And before you call me a racist which is the classic liberal move, I smoke blunts and play playstation with some of these dudes that live in my buddies apt complex, difference is I own my home and pay for it, own my car and pay for it, work 50 hours a week and pay my own way.

I have no problem with people smoking pot or even doing drugs. As long as your not living off tax payers money do all the drugs you want but as soon as you start costing me money its my business as far as I'm concerned.

Old 06-26-2011, 10:52 AM

1,495 posts, read 2,301,600 times
Quote:
Like I said, a big part of it is principal. I'd happily pay for drug testing over some physically able dude who has a sidekick and an eldorado with 2k rims getting my money to sit around smoking blunts and playing playstation all day.

And before you call me a racist, I smoke blunts and play playstation with some of these dudes that live in my buddies apt complex, difference is I own my home and pay for it, own my car and pay for it, work 50 hours a week and pay my own way.
*Principle. And your stereotypes are hilarious.

Glad to see another person admit that it's not really about the money, it's about a desire to judge other people and mind their business.

Old 06-26-2011, 10:53 AM

1,096 posts, read 4,528,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by j_cat View Post
*Principle. And your stereotypes are hilarious.

Glad to see another person admit that it's not really about the money, it's about a desire to judge other people and mind their business.
Like I said in my comment above, do all the drugs you want but dont expect my money to pay for your housing, daycare and food.

Old 06-26-2011, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
Drug testing kits are not that expensive. The gov't buys in bulk. EVERYONE in the military takes them. All DoD personell take them. The infrastructure is already there.

The saving would, IMO, far outweigh the minimal costs.

Every gov't program has requirement. I see know reason why drug testing should not be one of those requirements in order to get fed or state money.
Not true.
Want to provide a credible link to back up your assertion.

Old 06-26-2011, 10:54 AM

2,794 posts, read 3,679,017 times
Quote:
Recently it was proposed that anyone over 18 living in public housing in Chicago would have to be drug tested.

Of course people came out saying "oh your picking on the poor" , "that's not fair", etc.

How come me a contributing working member of society who pays my own way can be drug tested for a job but CHA residents who live off you and I's dime can't be tested because its an invasion of their privacy?

If I complained the gov would say you don't have to work there go find a place that doesn't drug test if you dont like it.

What's wrong with saying to CHA residents, you don't like being drug tested pay your own way and pay for your own housing and you won't have to be.

Personally I would even be reasonable enough as to say up to 6 months no test as sometimes people just need a legup but majority of public housing residents in Chicago live their entire lives in public housing, it's not a legup its a lifestyle and choice paid for by you and I.
Why would you rather waste our tax money than solve the actual problem? No one is claiming that simply requiring a drug test will make it easier to get a job than to buy illegal drugs due to forms of Prohibition.

Old 06-26-2011, 10:54 AM

4,050 posts, read 3,961,201 times
Quote:
And before you call me a racist, I smoke blunts and play playstation with some of these dudes that live in my buddies apt complex, difference is I own my home and pay for it, own my car and pay for it, work 50 hours a week and pay my own way.
Really, you have seen these dudes with Eldorados and $2000.00 rims??

Leave those blunts alone, I think your'e seeing too many scenes from:

Old 06-26-2011, 10:57 AM

Quote:

And before you call me a racist which is the classic liberal move, I smoke blunts and play playstation with some of these dudes that live in my buddies apt complex, difference is I own my home and pay for it, own my car and pay for it, work 50 hours a week and pay my own way.

I have no problem with people smoking pot or even doing drugs. As long as your not living off tax payers money do all the drugs you want but as soon as you start costing me money its my business as far as I'm concerned.
How about some credible links to back up your assertions here.
Fine, give the government $70 + an hour of someone's labor and overhead to match at least $100 for each person you want tested.

Personally, I'm for mandatory birth control for all people on assistance, but I'm not going to rant and make demands on an internet board.

Since you complain about cherry picking, how about your own?
What are you actively doing to change the law other than rant, rave and stereotype on CD?
I'll bet the answer is a big, fat, nothing.

Old 06-26-2011, 10:59 AM

2,794 posts, read 3,679,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reconmark View Post
Really, you have seen these dudes with Eldorados and $2000.00 rims??

Leave those blunts alone, I think your'e seeing too many scenes from:
So, what is your point; corporate welfare even pays multimillion dollar bonuses.

Old 06-26-2011, 11:02 AM

4,050 posts, read 3,961,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielpalos View Post
So, what is your point; corporate welfare even pays multimillion dollar bonuses.
Make yourself clear, your'e question makes no sense, unless you too have seen this multitude of poor people riding around in cadillac Eldorados with $2000.00 rims!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies