Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2011, 06:48 AM

8,044 posts, read 10,638,176 times

Advertisements

There's more truth exposed on the Daily Show than on the so called "real" news.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2011, 10:39 AM

12,770 posts, read 11,564,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by montanamom View Post
There's more truth exposed on the Daily Show than on the so called "real" news.
That is such an absurd statement. Jon's show is only 20 min. with commercials. He tells a few jokes, then interviews somebody that wrote a book. This is where you get your news from? Seriously?
I like Jon, and think he's funny, but I also keep it in perspective. It's a bit of opinionated commentary from a comedian, even he will tell you that.

Old 07-04-2011, 11:04 AM

44,882 posts, read 33,274,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefly View Post
And how does that differ from Fox shows? I watch Hannity or Beck (before he was cancelled) for 5 minutes and I pick apart their weak arguments. I am a mental giant stomping upon their wee arguments! It's kind of sad.
Now I see from your mental giant comment that you really do think you are one of those.

BTW, have you come up with your proof that Beck was terminated and didn't quit? You say that in about every post which makes me wonder if you are feeling rejected by those who don't agree with you. You call my mind wee because I agree with Beck so often and then talk about the mental giant, you, and all the ability to see through Beck. Of course, nobody else is allowed to see through Stewart or Obama or others who swing from the left.

Old 07-04-2011, 11:10 AM

44,882 posts, read 33,274,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowledgeiskey View Post
I'm not a troll.

This thread just got derailed.
So far, your second post is the only one from you and it is very off topic according to your title.

I think you have been on a vacation kind of like the little ones Michelle O. takes now and then.

Old 11-02-2011, 02:49 PM

12,867 posts, read 14,916,363 times
they are both occasionally funny, no matter what "party" positions you hold because eventually they skewer everyone. here is colbert with a couple from OWS:

Absolutely Hysterical: Stephen Colbert Takes on OWS - Guy Benson

i have to admit that i am out of the loop because i never heard of any of those hand signals before.

Old 11-02-2011, 03:01 PM

13,650 posts, read 20,780,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowledgeiskey View Post
Although they come off as being liberals, they mock politicians from both parties. I don't see why conservatives wouldn't watch them.
Because....I do not have cable?

I have seen Stewart in some other things and my kid has an old Sesamee Street video with him hosting. He is very funny and charming.

Old 11-02-2011, 05:11 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,564,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasandy View Post
they are both occasionally funny, no matter what "party" positions you hold because eventually they skewer everyone. here is colbert with a couple from OWS:

Absolutely Hysterical: Stephen Colbert Takes on OWS - Guy Benson

i have to admit that i am out of the loop because i never heard of any of those hand signals before.
I don't like Colbert, but that was hilarious. Maybe I'll give him another looksee.

Old 11-03-2011, 10:54 AM
JJG

13,612 posts, read 22,908,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
That is such an absurd statement. Jon's show is only 20 min. with commercials. He tells a few jokes, then interviews somebody that wrote a book. This is where you get your news from? Seriously?
I like Jon, and think he's funny, but I also keep it in perspective. It's a bit of opinionated commentary from a comedian, even he will tell you that.
Not so much.

When you're at the point where the "real" news networks biggest stories are either paranoid conservatives scaring Americans, snobby liberals looking up their noses to alot of people, and Justin Bieber's baby, it's better to get your news from the two Comedy Central hosts....

Old 11-03-2011, 11:12 AM

181 posts, read 234,177 times
My parents are extremely conservative and they find Jon Steward crude. I don't believe they even know who Colbert is..

Old 11-03-2011, 11:18 AM

12,436 posts, read 11,950,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
What did he say that makes you call him insane? Why can't any of you critics be specific?
Well it is far easier to say what he said that was sane. I think we he tells the audience who he is at the beginning of the show is the only sane moment on one of his shows. After that it is insane. Is that specific enough.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies