Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2011, 10:42 AM

1,111 posts, read 1,183,336 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
I didn't bring Beck into this thread but always do leap to his defense.

Now can you tell me some of the false predictions Beck made? Don't count them up because the false ones, if you can find any, won't be anywhere near those who came true.
Now now, lets not get off topic

This thread is a pretty good example of how our government tries to communicate amongst themselves, and we wonder why **** never gets done or fixed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2011, 10:43 AM

11,155 posts, read 15,708,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
I didn't bring Beck into this thread but always do leap to his defense.

Now can you tell me some of the false predictions Beck made? Don't count them up because the false ones, if you can find any, won't be anywhere near those who came true.
That's a way different thread. I've already given you ample evidence of Beck lying and you admitted that he did. You still haven't kissed my ring for answering your challenge and proving you wrong.

You should watch Stewart's recent list of all the lies on Beck's old network that were found. It goes on and on and on.

Stay on topic, though. This is about why conservatives don't watch Stewart / Colbert.

Old 07-02-2011, 10:44 AM

1 posts, read 915 times
I have always been generally conservative and have voted that way my whole live. Lately (over the past few years, I have questioned a lot of that and love to hear from both sides now. Everything is so polarized, I figure if I listen to both sides, I'll figure out what I think.

What I like to do most of all is laugh, and The Daily Show takes care of that one. Does everyone who likes TDS also watch and like Bill Maher?

Old 07-02-2011, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phogan View Post
I have always been generally conservative and have voted that way my whole live. Lately (over the past few years, I have questioned a lot of that and love to hear from both sides now. Everything is so polarized, I figure if I listen to both sides, I'll figure out what I think.

What I like to do most of all is laugh, and The Daily Show takes care of that one. Does everyone who likes TDS also watch and like Bill Maher?
I, personally, find Maher a little too angry and ideological. I think what I like about The Daily Show is that Stewart obviously comes from a left-of-center position, but it's not his agenda to push it. He's open to different perspectives and often challenges those in his own camp in a way that Maher doesn't seem to do. Maher, like most of the talking heads, just takes cheap shots at people who think differently from him - especially Tea Party folks.

Old 07-02-2011, 11:11 AM

6,864 posts, read 12,080,222 times
When Jon Stewart was on Fox News Sunday, he said 'I am a comedian'. Really? Maybe he should fire his staff of 15 writers because there's no proof that he's a 'comedian'.

Old 07-02-2011, 11:17 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,858,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by d4g4m View Post
When Jon Stewart was on Fox News Sunday, he said 'I am a comedian'. Really? Maybe he should fire his staff of 15 writers because there's no proof that he's a 'comedian'.
Now that's funny.

Old 07-02-2011, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Somebody watched Beck's last show... Unfortunately, the guffaws of laughter on a nightly basis refute your conclusion, but you did a nice job of picking up the talking points.

Old 07-02-2011, 11:31 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,634,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowledgeiskey View Post
Although they come off as being liberals, they mock politicians from both parties. I don't see why conservatives wouldn't watch them.

Yes, I can laugh at myself, just as much as I can laugh from someone else's misfortune.

Old 07-02-2011, 11:34 AM

1,111 posts, read 1,183,336 times
Quote:
He delivers the lines, the jokes, the satire - I do believe he is a comedian, and he is also not shy about the fact he has people feeding him what to say. Do you think Leno, Connan, and Letterman write all their jokes? Do you think comedians write a joke that they can't do (just does not match their set) and just sit on it? Or possibly give it to a friend that fits their style?

I have a hunch, you have no idea how professional comedians make a living, including the writers that do nothing but sell their jokes for others to perform.

I personally think conservatives don't watch the show because of sensibilities, generally (warning, broad stroke incoming) I feel they do a poor job of laughing at themselves.

Old 07-02-2011, 01:18 PM

12,372 posts, read 9,314,559 times
Quote:

Wow, your incoming comedy knob needs adjusting!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies