Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2011, 08:53 AM

5,391 posts, read 7,233,607 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
why is it that i'm not finding "gays are a part of satan" anywhere at all on the goog as a direct quote if it's supposedly 'in her own words'?

the OP is a lie.
The OP uses the linked site's characterization of Bachmann's 2004 statement at the National Education Leadership Conference, in which "gays are a part of satan" is not "in her own words" but rather an interpretation of her words.

A more exact reading of her words would be: "calling homosexuality 'gay' is Satan's ploy."

What do you think "This [homosexuality being called gay] is not funny. It's a very sad life. It's part of Satan, I think, to say this is gay. It's anything but gay" means?

You can Google "Bachmann Satan" to get many results on her statement.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2011, 08:57 AM

6,484 posts, read 6,619,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
Any log cabin Republican on here who will vote for this nutcase?

Michele Bachmann in Her Own Words: 'Gays Are Part of Satan'
Read it in context and it is amazing what she actually said.

But I find it interesting that the haters are now going all the way back to 2004 to try to find dirt on her. In time someone will likely dig up her high school transcripts.

Old 07-13-2011, 09:03 AM

4,422 posts, read 6,262,684 times
OK, back to the topic at hand. From a strategic standpoint, she is not gaining anything by doing this because she would already have the religious right's vote. Is she trying to prove she is more homophobic than Rick Perry to get the votes in the primary? Interesting strategy...

This is what happens to women that marry big queens. It's too bad that she can't decipher two pedophiles vs. two gay men. To think this idiot wants to run this country is laughable at best. Seriously, if this is the best the GOP can come up with, Obama's landslide victory in 2008 will look like a nailbiter.

Old 07-13-2011, 09:11 AM

11,446 posts, read 16,193,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyandclairerback View Post
Bachmann was expressing her christian views whether you agree with them or not which states:

Under Christianity God’s moral law clearly condemns homosexuality of any kind: “You shall not lie with a male as with a woman. It is an abomination.... If a man lies with a male as he lies with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination. They shall surely be put to death. Their blood shall be upon them” (Lev. 18:22, 20:13).
I'm sure god knows where he can shove his moral law.

Old 07-13-2011, 09:12 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,835,417 times

YouTube - ‪Could it Be.....‬‏

Old 07-13-2011, 09:40 AM

2,765 posts, read 2,794,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvinist View Post
Read it in context and it is amazing what she actually said.

But I find it interesting that the haters are now going all the way back to 2004 to try to find dirt on her. In time someone will likely dig up her high school transcripts.

Or a birth certificate?

Old 07-13-2011, 09:45 AM

6,484 posts, read 6,619,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shankapotomus View Post
Or a birth certificate?
If she gets elected I'm sure the dems will be after that.

Old 07-13-2011, 10:02 AM

13,691 posts, read 18,462,787 times
Gays are pushing their agenda.

I don't care for Bachmann I think she's a dud politically.

You have to 100% agree with EVERYTHING that's gay or else you're a homophobe, a bigot, a Christian, a Republican, right-winger, etc. The agenda causes the gay mafia to twist and convolute EVERYTHING that any politician says which can be spun for their gain.

It really is exhausting.

They are twisting what the woman says ON PURPOSE in order to paint her as a "homophobe".

They are riding Bachmann and her husband HARD on ANYTHING they can to sway public opinion.

It's really sad and goes to the CORE of their narcissistic dysfunction.

Quote:
"This is not funny. It's a very sad life. It's part of Satan, I think, to say this is gay (meaning happy). It's anything but gay (meaning happy)".
Some of you people need to really SNAP OUT OF IT! People always see what they want if they think it's going to serve their purpose WHICH IS TO PAINT THIS WOMAN AS A HOMOPHOBIC BIGOT. Everyone doesn't HAVE to love homosexuals, they're never going to love homosexuals. As long a they're not rounding you up and throwing you all in a crematorium disguised as a mental hospital (which will NEVER happen) Get over it.

Old 07-13-2011, 10:25 AM

10,854 posts, read 9,305,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
Gays are pushing their agenda.

I don't care for Bachmann I think she's a dud politically.

You have to 100% agree with EVERYTHING that's gay or else you're a homophobe, a bigot, a Christian, a Republican, right-winger, etc. The agenda causes the gay mafia to twist and convolute EVERYTHING that any politician says which can be spun for their gain.

It really is exhausting.

They are twisting what the woman says ON PURPOSE in order to paint her as a "homophobe".

They are riding Bachmann and her husband HARD on ANYTHING they can to sway public opinion.

It's really sad and goes to the CORE of their narcissistic dysfunction.

Some of you people need to really SNAP OUT OF IT! People always see what they want if they think it's going to serve their purpose WHICH IS TO PAINT THIS WOMAN AS A HOMOPHOBIC BIGOT. Everyone doesn't HAVE to love homosexuals, they're never going to love homosexuals. As long a they're not rounding you up and throwing you all in a crematorium disguised as a mental hospital (which will NEVER happen) Get over it.
Nobody has to paint Michele Bachman as a homophobic bigot. She does a fine job of doing it herself.

Old 07-13-2011, 10:28 AM

15,088 posts, read 13,458,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
Um...there isn't much to twist. She is a homophobe, and she's proudly outspoken about it. And the right-wing people she appeals to are proud homophobes as well - just look at some of their responses in this thread. It's not like they're hiding it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies