Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2011, 10:07 AM

39,875 posts, read 26,526,580 times

Advertisements

Who would you expect to understand this issue better?

Someone that started a small business, grew in into a major corporation, employes thousands of people and who has lived with the impact of tax and business regulations daily for at least 30+ years?

Or a "community organizer" with a salary paid by government grants?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2011, 10:07 AM

33,387 posts, read 34,858,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by le roi View Post
maybe my crap is choking the recovery? maybe we need bigger pipes?

installing bigger sewage pipes would also create jobs; i'm just a job creating machine.
if you take craps that big, then the country is in real trouble.

Old 07-21-2011, 10:11 AM

11,011 posts, read 11,029,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post

Someone that started a small business, grew in into a major corporation, employed thousands of people and who has lived with the impact of tax and business regulations daily for at least 30+ years?

That really does get to the heart of the matter...which one would you believe? Personally, I'm going to believe the business owner that actually has the experience to back up his claims.

Old 07-21-2011, 10:12 AM

Quote:
lol at "job creator."

when i take a crap i'm creating jobs at the sewage treatment plant.

Interesting you say that. The EPA is changing the regulations on wastewater discharges from sewage treatment plants. These new regulations look as if they will cost my small county upwards of $100 million to comply, if they don't give us a break.

So, under Obama, the cost to take a dump is expected to skyrocket! Remember the old Beattles song, the Taxman...we have a new verse. "If you take a dump, he'll tax your flush..."

Now, if only we can ship our sewage to China... There should be plenty of container ships headed that way that are empty...how's that for thinking outside the box?

22,768 posts, read 30,745,293 times
Quote:

Someone that started a small business, grew in into a major corporation, employed thousands of people and who has lived with the impact of tax and business regulations daily for at least 30+ years?

I would expect the business owner to advocate for practices that were supportive of his business, regardless of whether those practices were good for the United States or not.

I would expect Obama to advocate for practices that got him re-elected, regardless of whether they were good for the United States or not.

12,638 posts, read 8,959,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
Another "job creator" long on political slogans and short on details.
You must be talking about Obama. When has Obama provided details on ANYTHING. He punted Obamacare to Reid and Pelosi, and I STILL haven't seen or heard about his "detailed" plan on the budget.

Old 07-21-2011, 10:14 AM

22,768 posts, read 30,745,293 times
Quote:
Interesting you say that. The EPA is changing the regulations on wastewater discharges from sewage treatment plants. These new regulations look as if they will cost my small county upwards of $100 million to comply, if they don't give us a break.
Y'all sound pretty nasty if the EPA has to come in and tell you to clean up your own feces. Remind me not to swim in Jewel Lake anytime soon.

Old 07-21-2011, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Remind me not to swim in Jewel Lake anytime soon.

Funny thing is, Jewel Lake is rural and the nearby homes have septic systems, that don't dump into the lake at all. Private septic systems have to be located away from waterways and are tested. It's the nearby cities with municipal systems that dump "treated effluent" directly into the local waterways.

The issue here is phosphorus. The county has a plan that reduces phosphorus emmissions by 95% for XXX dollars. 95% isn't good enough for the greenies, they insist on that extra 1-2% at an increase in price of ~3X plus, if it can even be acheived.

Old 07-21-2011, 10:29 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,134,648 times
Quote:
His speeches are wonderful. His output is absolutely, incredibly bad.
Quote:
Even brain-dead economists understand that when you raise taxes, you cost jobs.
Quote:
I'm not sure Obama would understand anything that I'd say, because he's never really worked a day outside the political or legal area. He doesn't know how to make a payroll, he doesn't understand the problems businesses face.
Quote:
In my 50 years in business, I have never seen executives of major companies who were more intimidated by an administration.
Quote:
It's time to stand up and fight. These people in Washington are out there making your life difficult, and many of you won't survive. Why aren't you doing something about it? The free enterprise system made this country what it is today, and we've got to keep it alive. We are on the edge of the abyss.
It doesn't get any truer than this, folks.

Old 07-21-2011, 10:34 AM

24,621 posts, read 19,177,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
how about all the new taxes in the obamacare law that are coming online?
How about the fact that the CBO has recently reported that Obamacare will cost more than originally believed, and it is now $1.3 TRILLION and it isn't even 2014 yet. The costs will continue to increase until it is repealed or a federal judge guts it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post
You must be talking about Obama. When has Obama provided details on ANYTHING. He punted Obamacare to Reid and Pelosi, and I STILL haven't seen or heard about his "detailed" plan on the budget.
You won't, because he isn't a leader, he's just a slick-talker.

Personally, I don't even think he's capable of crafting a budget and I doubt that he would do anything even if his staff handed him a budget on a silver platter.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies