Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2011, 06:19 PM

6,734 posts, read 9,343,835 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyadra View Post
The tax and spend liberals vs. the no tax and spend conservatives vs. the no tax and no spend Tea Party.

Shame the only true solution to get rid of the debt are the

the tax and no spend party.
I didn't see them on your list....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2011, 06:23 PM

7,168 posts, read 5,367,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
Boehner's bill will never make it to the Senate. The Tea Party intends on killing it in the house. Boehner can not even get support from his own party that is split between right wing conservatives and far right wing conservatives tp'ers.

John Boehner Debt Ceiling Plan Lacks House GOP Votes To Pass: Jim Jordan

What you really have is a battle between the establishment {R}s and conservatives. It is a far stretch to consider Boehner a RW conservative.The first thing the tea party and freshmen class should have done is try to remove the big fake from the speakers chair.

Here is a 4 min vid that I hope you will listen too from Rand Paul that gives us a reminder of the so called cuts the last time. It started out at 60 billion and was watered down to 38 billion, but when it was scored it only equaled 300 million.

Take a listen for some more good info :
Rand Paul Blasts Reid, Boehner Plans - Fox News Video - FoxNews.com

Old 07-26-2011, 06:25 PM

12,436 posts, read 11,952,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swingblade View Post
What you really have is a battle between the establishment {R}s and conservatives. It is a far stretch to consider Boehner a RW conservative.The first thing the tea party and freshmen class should have done is try to remove the big fake from the speakers chair.

Here is a 4 min vid that I hope you will listen too from Rand Paul that gives us a reminder of the so called cuts the last time. It started out at 60 billion and was watered down to 38 billion, but when it was scored it only equaled 300 million.

Take a listen for some more good info :
Rand Paul Blasts Reid, Boehner Plans - Fox News Video - FoxNews.com
Obviously you are supporter of the no compromise send the economy down the sewer group.

Old 07-26-2011, 06:46 PM

I see you responded in 2 min so you did not watch the vid. If you did Paul would of explained their is no default, that has been explained in the forum several times ad nausem.

About the economy, we have not really had a economy for many years, what we have is boom and bust, example dot.com and then the housing. The fundamentals of the economy are all out of whack considering that we want the gvt to borrow many to lift consumer spending. And even right here on the forum there have been arguments made on how extending UE is good for the economy. You do not have a economy if it is fueled with borrowed money from the gvt. What our leaders are doing is trying to hold the line, I say forget that lets take our well deserved medicine now.

Old 07-26-2011, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swingblade View Post
I see you responded in 2 min so you did not watch the vid. If you did Paul would of explained their is no default, that has been explained in the forum several times ad nausem.

About the economy, we have not really had a economy for many years, what we have is boom and bust, example dot.com and then the housing. The fundamentals of the economy are all out of whack considering that we want the gvt to borrow many to lift consumer spending. And even right here on the forum there have been arguments made on how extending UE is good for the economy. You do not have a economy if it is fueled with borrowed money from the gvt. What our leaders are doing is trying to hold the line, I say forget that lets take our well deserved medicine now.
I have heard his argument before, and frankly, he is simply wrong. This is not my opinion. It is opinion of leading economists in this country. I like Paul, but he is simply wrong on this issue.

We need to take our medicine, but it will have to be in small doses otherwise we will end up dead. It took us a long time to get here. It will take a long time to get out.

Old 07-26-2011, 06:53 PM

2 posts, read 1,525 times
2008 United States federal budget (October 2007-September 2008), by president George W. Bush:
Total expenditures - $2.9 trillion

2009 United States federal budget (October 2008-September 2009), by president George W. Bush:
Total expenditures - $3.107 trillion

2010 United States federal budget (October 2009-September 2010), by president Barack Obama:
Total expenditures - $3.552 trillion

2011 United States federal budget (October 2010-September 2011), by president Barack Obama:
Total expenditures - $3.82 trillion

The simple question is: why isn't possible to go back to a budget with $2.9 trillion in total expenditures, just like the 2008 federal budget?

Why not?

Old 07-26-2011, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howhup View Post
2008 United States federal budget (October 2007-September 2008), by president George W. Bush:
Total expenditures - $2.9 trillion

2009 United States federal budget (October 2008-September 2009), by president George W. Bush:
Total expenditures - $3.107 trillion

2010 United States federal budget (October 2009-September 2010), by president Barack Obama:
Total expenditures - $3.552 trillion

2011 United States federal budget (October 2010-September 2011), by president Barack Obama:
Total expenditures - $3.82 trillion

The simple question is: why isn't possible to go back to a budget with $2.9 trillion in total expenditures, just like the 2008 federal budget?

Why not?
Why can't we go back to the tax structure we had in 2000? If you put both your idea and mine together. Now you have something.

Old 07-26-2011, 07:01 PM

3,852 posts, read 4,521,429 times
No one in Washington cares about the debt or the deficit. It is a PR or Policy wedge used by the right wing to further neoliberal goals and what not. Right now it is functionng to forestall any talk in Washington of anti-capitalist policies like jobs programs or welfare or anything. It also creates a fake crisis in order to provide cover to dismantle popular and sound programs like SS.

Old 07-26-2011, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
This is not my opinion. It is opinion of leading economists in this country. I like Paul, but he is simply wrong on this issue.
Are these the same economist that back in 08 were telling us the fundamentals of the economy are strong ? Are they the same ones that did not even see the crash coming? Are these the economist that predict a uptick in a category and when it does not happen it is unexpectedly ?

Well Hotair we do not agree but take a chance watch the vid and think about the above.

Old 07-26-2011, 07:09 PM

2,093 posts, read 4,699,458 times
The House GOP should've taken the 4 trillion dollar cut deal to meet Obama halfway.

What a bunch of idiots.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies