Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2011, 02:55 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,953,749 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by subsound View Post
So what you are saying is that you don't understand the difference between the words backed (in case of default by the borrower) and taxpayer subsidized (taxpayers help pay your interest rate).

That's pretty much explains everything. I guess words can mean anything if you don't know the definition in the first place.

This all seems to say a great deal about the people who support her.
Your article offered no proof that the mortgage is "subsidized". Provide the proof of the taxpayer subsidy. Provide the name of the type of the loan/re-fi.

I'm not a Bachman supporter but the baseless attacks require reproach.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2011, 02:57 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,531,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Your article offered no proof that the mortgage is "subsidized". Provide the proof of the taxpayer subsidy. Provide the name of the type of the loan/re-fi.

I'm not a Bachman supporter but the baseless attacks require reproach.
I posted from the article showing they had no proof but "they were confident" that it COULD have been Fannie/Freddie.

But my posts were ignored because once on the bandwagon there is no getting off for some.

The loan papers are not available to the public.

Old 07-27-2011, 02:58 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,021,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbbb7778 View Post
Again, the issue here is not her mortgage being backed by Fannie or Freddie, it's her loud, shrill hypocrisy.
So one if they don't agree with the "system" in place is just not supposed to by a house now? Yep that makes so much sense. Do you folks even read what you write or see "Bachmann" and just start yelping like rabid dogs?

Old 07-27-2011, 02:58 PM

7,085 posts, read 12,060,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
EXACTLY. What is so wrong with this. Only someone insane would not refi their loan to a lower rate or find anything wrong with doing this.
Do you seriously not understand the English language?

They took out the loan where the taxpayer helps her pay off her mortgage on a 5,000 sq ft house. It has nothing to do with dropping the interest rate a little later by refinancing it, as the taxpayers are still helping her pay off her house. Especially since she decried anyone who used the program as moochers (except her I guess).

I don't think I can make it any simpler, this is stuff 10 year old children should be able to comprehend in relation to the English language.

If you still don't understand, find a remedial English teacher to help.

Old 07-27-2011, 02:59 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,953,749 times
Quote:
Again, the issue here is not her mortgage being backed by Fannie or Freddie, it's her loud, shrill hypocrisy.
Again, 90% of all loans are backed by Fannie/Freddie. Just about the only ones that would not be would be a signature loan and not a mortgage. Get a clue already, really.

Do you attack Barney Frank for using Freddie/Fannie for his loans? He too is wanting them dismantled.

Old 07-27-2011, 03:00 PM

Quote:
No, I'm quite clear what they do. Michelle Bachmann is not. The difference here? She's running for friggin' president.
No she is clear and against it as far as I can tell. If you pay your bills it's all fine and dandy having the feds back your mortgage. Loaning money to people who can't pay their bills is what caused the mess. What side of this are you on? Keep loaning to people who can't pay their bills? Obama and Holder seem to think this is the way to go. Do you?

Old 07-27-2011, 03:01 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,823,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Again, 90% of all loans are backed by Fannie/Freddie. Just about the only ones that would not be would be a signature loan and not a mortgage. Get a clue already, really.

Do you attack Barney Frank for using Freddie/Fannie for his loans? He too is wanting them dismantled.
lifelongMOgal, this thread is not about Barney Frank. Barney Frank is not running for president, lifelongMOgal.

86,052 posts, read 84,531,102 times
Quote:

They took out the loan where the taxpayer helps her pay off her mortgage on a 5,000 sq ft house. It has nothing to do with dropping the interest rate a little later by refinancing it, as the taxpayers are still helping her pay off her house. Especially since she decried anyone who used the program as moochers (except her I guess).

I don't think I can make it any simpler, this is stuff 10 year old children should be able to comprehend in relation to the English language.

Read your own article. They have no proof..they just THINK that it MIGHT HAVE been Fannie/Freddie.

5,064 posts, read 5,733,169 times
Quote:

Explain exactly how the taxpayers are helping her pay her mortgage. With links please.

Old 07-27-2011, 03:02 PM

Quote:

How is the taxpayer helping them pay off their loan? Did they default?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies