Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2011, 09:31 AM

4,884 posts, read 5,021,657 times

Advertisements

...or in the future, a sizable chunk of voters were'nt even in the country.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2011, 09:42 AM

455 posts, read 633,644 times
9/11 was possible because of our passive approach to airplane hijacking, its that simple. They exploited that.Also, cockpit access was a major issue.

Religious people the world over have some culpability as they foster this mentality.

Old 08-15-2011, 10:45 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,866,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by le roi View Post
Blaming 9/11 on Bush is a lot like blaming the depression on Obama.
or Pearl Harbor on FDR? Hindsight is fantastic. A lot could have been prevented if we had been paying attention, but none of these things can be blamed on any single person or administration.

Nita

Old 08-15-2011, 10:49 AM

898 posts, read 828,661 times
And the destruction of America has happened on barry's watch.

Old 08-15-2011, 10:50 AM

16,212 posts, read 10,841,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
or Pearl Harbor on FDR? Hindsight is fantastic. A lot could have been prevented if we had been paying attention, but none of these things can be blamed on any single person or administration.

Nita

I agree, 911 was a culmination of a lot of events over many many years and with many mistakes made, it can even be traced back to the mid-80s with the CIA and Reagan supplying funds and weapons to Osama bin Laden. Most people can't see into the future so unfortunatley it couldn't be prevented.

Old 08-15-2011, 10:55 AM

32,820 posts, read 19,513,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
I agree, 911 was a culmination of a lot of events over many many years and with many mistakes made, it can even be traced back to the mid-80s with the CIA and Reagan supplying funds and weapons to Osama bin Laden. Most people can't see into the future so unfortunatley it couldn't be prevented.
reagan and the cia TRIED to help the rebels (osama) against the soviet union...osamma REFUSED the help of the usa

Old 08-15-2011, 10:56 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,847,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post

Nita
I would love to see these words of wisdom in threads blaming the economic conditions on Obama.

Old 08-15-2011, 12:12 PM

32,820 posts, read 19,513,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
I would love to see these words of wisdom in threads blaming the economic conditions on Obama.
I dont think anyone is blaming the economy SQUARELY on obama...it was a perfect storm started 40 yearrs ago (even longer)...but obama and the liberals policies are certainly making it worse

Old 08-15-2011, 12:19 PM

5,346 posts, read 4,052,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
I dont think anyone is blaming the economy SQUARELY on obama...it was a perfect storm started 40 yearrs ago (even longer)...but obama and the liberals policies are certainly making it worse
Bush and Obama are both guilty... Every President since JFK... has been bought and paid for... (except Reagan... that's why they shot him)...

Old 08-15-2011, 12:27 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,406,766 times
Default Excellent post

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmjv View Post
Just a reminder as we approach the 2012 elections. The largest terrorist attack on the United States happened on a Republicans watch.

"But everybody knows that!" you may be thinking. No, not quite, the voting population is consisting of more and more people who were either too young or, in the future, not even born yet when 9/11 happened. Because of this and because of the current rhetoric used by the cons there will come a time when a sizable proportion of the voting public thinks that 9/11 happened on Clinton's watch.

Consider the rhetoric, below are a few of the more common talking points we hear on TV and read on the internet, probaby radio too but I don't listen to talk radio

"Clinton did a terrible job protecting us"
"Clinton (didn't do this) and that led to 9/11"
"Clinton (did this) and that led to 9/11"

"Bush kept us safe"
"Bush kept us safe after 9/11"

And the whopper that's not really common but I'm going to add anyway
"There were no attacks on Bush's watch"

Now going by just the first five who's watch do you think 9/11 happened on? Sounds like it happened on Clinton's watch to me, I mean after all didn't Bush keep us safe? And didn't Clinton do a terrible job at protecting us? Even the "after 9/11" modifier could be interpreted to mean that 9/11 happened on the waning days of the Clinton Presidency.

I'm not saying this is a conspiracy by the cons in that they all sat around a big table nodding and winking. But they would love for it to happen and if the current rhetoric continues uncontested it will happen.
Yes, 9/11 did happen under Bush's watch and it's arguable that they waited until a village idiot was President before attacking. They thought the country was vulnerable since people elected a dummy to head the country.

[MOD CUT]

Last edited by Ibginnie; 08-18-2011 at 11:03 AM.. Reason: off topic
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies