Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2011, 06:18 PM

12,772 posts, read 7,975,351 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
I think this is an Obama administration plant. I know they have them to infiltrate forums etc, and spread the propaganda.

But, yipes, this one doesn't even make any sense. Certainly not doing them any favors, if that's what this is.
Totally wouldnt surprise me, but yeah, you would think that someone who actually made sense and had facts to back up their statements would be the way to go.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2011, 06:19 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,301,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowledgeiskey View Post
I got it from a source.
"A source". What source? That is key. Those numbers mean nothing, because every company is going to be different. They cannot apply generally to all.

I think they are just made up, anyway. Somebody is trying to show how "evil" corporations are, and how uncarring they are.

Old 09-04-2011, 06:21 PM

6,940 posts, read 9,677,788 times
Quote:
Wide disparity between what groups? Different jobs have different job skill requirements, education requirements, etc.

I'm not following you at all.

A person who excells in their work, deserves more than one who just gets by.

This is independent of the unprecedented income gap in this country.

Old 09-04-2011, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by t206 View Post
Totally wouldnt surprise me, but yeah, you would think that someone who actually made sense and had facts to back up their statements would be the way to go.
I know. This entire thread is a joke, and shows that somebody has no clue how the world works!

Marxism, does not work. I think this person is leaning toward Marxism.

Old 09-04-2011, 06:22 PM

18,358 posts, read 26,489,954 times
Corporations were only suffered to exist originally if they did more good for society than bad (i.e., the primary focus was not permitted to be shareholder profits alone). I think we should go back to that or abolish them entirely.

Old 09-04-2011, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Workers are putting in more values into firms than what they get back in compensation. In fact, there has been increase in employee productivity.
"Workers" (that's union speak) get paid according to their employment agreement, and have no claim on profits beyond what is contained in that agreement (some companies offer profit sharing, or employee stock purchas plans where they get stock at a discounted price).

Value for value.

If an employee shows they are of greater value, they get promoted or they get an increase in wages (again according to the company policy on salary and wage increases). Most companies review their employees every six month, or an annual review for salaries employess is common.

Old 09-04-2011, 06:33 PM

6,940 posts, read 9,677,788 times
Quote:
"Workers" (that's union speak) get paid according to their employment agreement, and have no claim on profits beyond what is contained in that agreement (some companies offer profit sharing, or employee stock purchas plans where they get stock at a discounted price).

Value for value.

If an employee shows they are of greater value, they get promoted or they get an increase in wages (again according to the company policy on salary and wage increases). Most companies review their employees every six month, or an annual review for salaries employess is common.

Again, if that were the case, what do you have to say about golden parachutes?

Old 09-04-2011, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by suissegrl702 View Post
I was raised to act the same. I've never been rewarded for any loyalty I've shown to any company I worked for. My reward for working like a dog at 16 at Mickey D's was being repeatedly given no hours to work for weeks in the hope I'd get the hint. And I worked all the time, came in when told to, worked overtime, was on time, and friendly to the customers. My reward was no work.

It got progressively worse from there. Give a corporation your loyalty, try your best, its never good enough, and on the street with you. More corporations need to DIE OUT in my opinion.

The days my grandparents lived through, where you can work hard for a company and given them your best and in return get something for it, are long, long gone.
I suspect there was a reason you werent given hours. Usually that reason is poor performance.

Everybody thinks they are worth more than they are. And poor employees are more likely to think that.

Old 09-04-2011, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Again, if that were the case, what do you have to say about golden parachutes?
Huh??? Hahaha... boy o boy, have you got a bad attitude. I wouldn't hire you if you were the last person on earth that was available for hire.

Old 09-04-2011, 06:40 PM

20,948 posts, read 19,047,114 times
Quote:
Stay on topic.
If you're going to start a conversation, you should have a higher than basic level of understanding about said subject.

What we need are more people working.

obama is incapable of laying out a plan that will do so.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies