Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2011, 11:14 AM

4,911 posts, read 3,431,347 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
Sure...I guess they could.

I know three people go to take the ballots to the county building.

I thought that was because it was late at night and a long way, maybe it is security.
Anything stopping someone from just waltzing in with a handful of ballots and dropping them into the box? How many ballots could you fit into the box at one time?

What about the counting, how's that done?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2011, 11:18 AM

Those of you who have machines now, did you used to have paper ballots? If so then what security measures were taken then?

Old 09-15-2011, 11:19 AM

9,949 posts, read 8,855,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmjv View Post
You have no security procedures? And fraud is the word of the day? Gosh, I wonder why
I don't wonder at all, I know why... Democrats fight anything that would make ID required for voting which in turn would give a great level of security to our elections.

Old 09-15-2011, 11:20 AM

32,816 posts, read 19,492,759 times
Quote:
Yes you did. Your putting the word in all caps is clear implication
no its not

and all you do is in bold

your OP is 'is the ballot box NEXT to the signout...that IMPLIES in the OPEN...

Old 09-15-2011, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hnsq View Post
compiled executables are like a cake after it is baked. It is a physical impossibility to extract a single egg in its original form from that cake, no matter how hard you try. Changing a program after it is compiled is a physical impossibility.

Diebold wanted to keep it secret to protect IP rights. Proprietary algorithms on which tech companies rely to stay in business are used, and if one of those leaks, then the company will go out of business.
If you know programming it's very easy to change a program. All it takes is typing and know how.

Diebold is the only one who knows how to programs a machine to count votes?? I don't think so.

Old 09-15-2011, 11:22 AM

32,816 posts, read 19,492,759 times
Quote:
Those of you who have machines now, did you used to have paper ballots? If so then what security measures were taken then?
not sure..the machines have been in use since before I was born...and I am in my 50's

Old 09-15-2011, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
I don't wonder at all, I know why... Democrats fight anything that would make ID required for voting which in turn would give a great level of security to our elections.
Oh I see. That one security procedure would make it totally secure? Interesting

Old 09-15-2011, 11:24 AM

9,855 posts, read 15,208,847 times
Quote:
If you know programming it's very easy to change a program. All it takes is typing and know how.

Diebold is the only one who knows how to programs a machine to count votes?? I don't think so.
Yeah...I work in IT. I am a computer programmer. You are 100% wrong. Please give me your list of steps on how you would get a full egg out of a cake that is already baked please.

Old 09-15-2011, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
no its not

and all you do is in bold

your OP is 'is the ballot box NEXT to the signout...that IMPLIES in the OPEN...
Yes, it's NEXT to the signout table and in the OPEN for a reason. What the hell does that have to do with your vote being PRIVATE?

Old 09-15-2011, 11:25 AM

1,759 posts, read 2,030,088 times
Police? I.D.? Bwah ha ha ha!

Last election day (for anything) I was still in NJ.
You walked up to the folding table, told the worker [a] name, they looked up the name and crossed it off, and let you vote in a machine w/ a curtain.

No I.D. check, no security, nothing.
And we wonder why fraud is such a problem.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies