Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2011, 09:04 PM

37,143 posts, read 42,234,436 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Now we got long term damage, assault, hey pile on jail time for calling somebody a ginger at gym class. Do you not see the insanity this is being taken to? Adults seem to get this feel good attitude hey look at me helping out the children. All for the children. bla bla bla. Kids aren't stupid. They know exactly what's going on this anti bullying campaign is plain stupid. They go to the assemblies and say the right things to the teachers and admins to conform but it's the world of kid-dom in the end. They will have to learn to work it out themselves.

All this aniti bullying quest is more of the liberal utopia of everyone being equal and nice to each other and sing koom ba ya and we can all sip apple cider and eat smores by the fire. It ain't reality like the rest of the liberal mindset.
Who went to jail for calling someone a ginger in gym class? And yes, people are so stupid there will always be some who take a simple thing and take it to an extreme. That's not an excuse to do nothing though, people will take that to a stupid extreme as well. There is no cure for stupid.
And FYI, those I know use the term "ginger" in an endearing way. It's not a bad word or phrase but anything said with malace can be taken that way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2011, 09:15 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,017,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
Who went to jail for calling someone a ginger in gym class? And yes, people are so stupid there will always be some who take a simple thing and take it to an extreme. That's not an excuse to do nothing though, people will take that to a stupid extreme as well. There is no cure for stupid.
And FYI, those I know use the term "ginger" in an endearing way. It's not a bad word or phrase but anything said with malace can be taken that way.
Ginger is the new "bullying" term for redheds. My son laughs about it. He's a redhead. I guess he figured out how to deal with it and isn't emotionally traumatized for life. Me on the other hand I've never been the same since being called "Red on the head like a **** on a dog". lol

Whacha gonna do to the ginger callers? Make em stay after school? Expel em? We live in reality not some myth created by the for the children crowd.

I would shudder to think what predator lists a 12yo would be put on nowdays for snapping a girls bra in 5th grade.

Old 09-19-2011, 09:24 PM

3,130 posts, read 3,076,339 times
Quote:
Now we got long term damage, assault, hey pile on jail time for calling somebody a ginger at gym class. Do you not see the insanity this is being taken to? Adults seem to get this feel good attitude hey look at me helping out the children. All for the children. bla bla bla. Kids aren't stupid. They know exactly what's going on this anti bullying campaign is plain stupid. They go to the assemblies and say the right things to the teachers and admins to conform but it's the world of kid-dom in the end. They will have to learn to work it out themselves.

All this aniti bullying quest is more of the liberal utopia of everyone being equal and nice to each other and sing koom ba ya and we can all sip apple cider and eat smores by the fire. It ain't reality like the rest of the liberal mindset.
Anti-bullying is about making sure kids (and any other group that is being bullied) are in an environment where they are valued and intentionally harming others is not tolerated. If this is confined to a "liberal utopia" - than I don't want to know where this country is going.

Old 09-19-2011, 09:26 PM

Quote:
Ginger is the new "bullying" term for redheds. My son laughs about it. He's a redhead. I guess he figured out how to deal with it and isn't emotionally traumatized for life. Me on the other hand I've never been the same since being called "Red on the head like a **** on a dog". lol

Whacha gonna do to the ginger callers? Make em stay after school? Expel em? We live in reality not some myth created by the for the children crowd.

I would shudder to think what predator lists a 12yo would be put on nowdays for snapping a girls bra in 5th grade.
Anything said with malace. It's like calling someone "blondie" with malace. I don't consider the word to be bullying, it what goes along with it. For most kids it's a joke, for others it's just being a jerk, for some it could be outright bullying but there needs to be something else going on.

Old 09-19-2011, 09:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbmsu01 View Post
Anti-bullying is about making sure kids (and any other group that is being bullied) are in an environment where they are valued and intentionally harming others is not tolerated. If this is confined to a "liberal utopia" - than I don't want to know where this country is going.
Going? How old are you? Did you survive the evil school world? Apparently so. They will too. Creating a false anti bullying bubble to protect them from reality does nothing.

Old 09-19-2011, 09:35 PM

7,284 posts, read 12,931,186 times
I agree that there probably is not a solution because "bullies" are aggressive, out-of-control kids/teens/adults who know no boundaries, are unethical, and don't give a crap, basically - and they probably got it from their parents - so their parents can't teach them any different - or else they have problems at home, are being beaten themselves, live with alcoholics and other unstable people and maybe are neglected.

I do think it is good to raise consciousness regarding what constitutes appropriate behavior and to teach communication skills, etc.

Teachers should also be more proactive . . . I volunteered as a "yard duty" at an elementary school for a couple of years, and the things I saw completely blew my mind . . .yet no teachers were ever anywhere in sight, the principal did not care, and basically it was just a free-for-all of sheer madness.

Old 09-19-2011, 09:38 PM

Sounds like a fun school.

Old 09-19-2011, 09:43 PM

7,284 posts, read 12,931,186 times
And this was an upper class "distinguished" school!

Old 09-19-2011, 09:46 PM

They're kids. Kids are mean at times. Hell my twins treat each other horrible at times. I tell em to work it out betwix em when they come whining. Part of growing up.

Old 09-19-2011, 11:55 PM

I was a yard duty at a distinguished school too. I didn't see too many problems myself but the school did have a program in place so maybe that helped. Most of the problems had to do with kids not wanting to play with someone for whatever reason, which was usually resolved by the next day. I also had tag a longs, kids who just never really fit in and would wander around talking to me during lunch.

The teachers weren't there because they were at lunch, which is why they had yard duties
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies