Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-30-2011, 11:00 AM

6,484 posts, read 6,620,504 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymax View Post
Tatoos? Are you serious? We are talking about gender identity disorder, not a tatoo.
Tatoos are permanent. Sexual choice isn't.

Old 09-30-2011, 11:03 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,393,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nimchimpsky View Post
Let me repeat this.

Not doing anything would force Tammy to choose manhood. In other words, ignoring it and letting Tammy grow up bio-male is making a decision for her. It's forcing the parental decision on her.

Having full-blown sexual reassignment surgery would force Tammy to choose womanhood. That would also be making a decision for her, which is why the parents did not choose that path either.

The hormone-blocking therapy the parents have chosen buys Tammy more time so that she doesn't have to make the decision right now.

No one is forcing her to decide right now. The parents are buying her more time so that she CAN make the decision LATER ON. As in, she is NOT being forced to make a major decision RIGHT NOW.

Did that help clear things up? Or do you still not get it?
I doubt it will sink in. Brains that have been switched off to rational thought for so long may not be capable of comprehending the obvious - especially if it competes with their strong need for a good old gay bash.

Old 09-30-2011, 11:04 AM

15,096 posts, read 8,643,669 times
Quote:
Frankly I think the child is extremely lucky to have been adopted by these women. Imagine if Tammy had been adopted by some of the willfully ignorant bigots on this thread.
Yes ... imagine the horror of bigots refusing to allow the pseudo-medical-mad-scientist ghouls to perform experimental treatments on their children?

The common theme in all of these types of debates always degenerates to claims of bigotry and homophobia by the same usual suspects. And the position ALWAYS taken demonstrates that NOTHING is too insane to be rationalized. Every position taken considers one rule of measure only ... and "homosexual politics" is that ruler.

But there is nothing at all "rational" about pharmacological tinkering with a child's physical and psychological development, nor is it remotely associated with bigotry to object to such experimentation, unless the charge is "Stupaphobia", then I would be forced to plead guilty!

Old 09-30-2011, 11:05 AM

6,484 posts, read 6,620,504 times
Quote:
I doubt it will sink in. Brains that have been switched off to rational thought for so long may not be capable of comprehending the obvious - especially if it competes with their strong need for a good old gay bash.
The kid is a boy. He's not a girl. He isn't a 3rd gender that is a mix of the 2. He's a boy.

You don't find it the slightest bit interesting that the kid is being raised by 2 women that are apparently a bit confused of their own sexuality too? You don't think that had ANYTHING to do with it?

Who's brain has had the rational thought button switched off? It's not our's.

Old 09-30-2011, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
This has to be a hoax, talk about child endangerment and an obvious case of psychological manipulation.

The process started at the age of eight years old, kids are still babies at that age, when it comes to comprehending the world around them; mom and dad are their entire universe. And yet we are to believe this boy, who was raised by lesbians, has always know that being a boy conflicted with the world because he had a ding-dong?

I wonder where the boy got the notion that being a boy was somehow abnormal and out of place in this world?

Who taught the kid, or where did he get the idea, that the hateful genitalia he possessed at birth was.... just wrong, and being a boy was somehow an aberration, and he should become a girl just like mom and dad?
Hello? They have 2 older sons.

Here's an explanation of why Tammy believes she is a girl. Not that I expect you will read it.

Sexual hormones and the brain: an essential alliance for sexual identity and sexual orientation (2010)
Endocr Dev. 2010;17:22-35. Epub 2009 Nov 24. Garcia-Falgueras A, Swaab DF.

The fetal brain develops during the intrauterine period in the male direction through a direct action of testosterone on the developing nerve cells, or in the female direction through the absence of this hormone surge. In this way, our gender identity (the conviction of belonging to the male or female gender) and sexual orientation are programmed or organized into our brain structures when we are still in the womb.

However, since sexual differentiation of the genitals takes place in the first two months of pregnancy and sexual differentiation of the brain starts in the second half of pregnancy, these two processes can be influenced independently, which may result in extreme cases in trans-sexuality. This also means that in the event of ambiguous sex at birth, the degree of masculinization of the genitals may not reflect the degree of masculinization of the brain.

There is no indication that social environment after birth has an effect on gender identity or sexual orientation.

__________________________________________________ ________

And here's a story of heterosexual parents in the same situation.
Parents Consider Treatment to Delay Son's Puberty : NPR

Not that I expect you to read that either.

Old 09-30-2011, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddy5 View Post
You call me pathetic and you agree with this 'procedure'? Fine with me, I will be ignorant of this stupidity.

Those 'parents' should be ashamed. Maybe 'Tammy' and Chaz Bono can get together, live in Hollywood and make children's films.

I think I will leave this thread, before I am asked to leave.
Or you could stay and educate yourself....

nah....

Old 09-30-2011, 11:12 AM

913 posts, read 873,127 times
Quote:
Frankly I think the child is extremely lucky to have been adopted by these women. Imagine if Tammy had been adopted by some of the willfully ignorant bigots on this thread.
ofcourse because anyone who doesn't agree with their course of action is a bigot? because i don't put a lot of faith in the alphabet soup of psychological diagnoses? 14 maybe 15, but 8 years old? i just don't agree with it?

Old 09-30-2011, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
Too bad there was not a gay gene to be found, then we could abort these children in the first trimester, so they don't have to go thru all this mental anguish, and pain at the young age of eight years old.
You've really crossed the line there.

Old 09-30-2011, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freebird2007 View Post
of course on the flipside,

if these were normal hetero parents and wanted to send their kid to counseling because he wanted to wear women's undies and kiss boys, then it would be an outrage.
???

You haven't read the article either.

How about these 'normal hetero parents"?

Parents Consider Treatment to Delay Son's Puberty : NPR

Old 09-30-2011, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHouse9 View Post
Do you see the lack of logic in this statement?

My point exactly. This boy needs help and he is being allowed to make decisions that are far beyond his comprehension. The fact that they are giving him hormone treatments is reprehensible. I am a firm believer in not telling people how to live their loves or controlling them but this kind of behavior has an effect on this poor buy and who knows what other confusions it may create for other kids.

Get over your guilt and do what is right for this little boy!!
Hormone blocking treatment - to delay puberty until 14 or 15. The 'kid' has gender identity disorder. It's the best possible course of action for the parents to take.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies