Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-30-2011, 09:57 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,393,354 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddy5 View Post
Or maybe, his feet are too large? The Japanese used to wrap the feet of girls to keep them small. Let's get started with that.

Yep, maybe the 'Thing', let's start tinting his skin orange.

Of course he wants to be a girl. Mama is a girl, and daddy-mama is a girl, seems natural. They don't like men, would rather 'be' with women, kid wants to make mama and mama happy, boom let's be a 'girl'.

Kid wants to be another Chaz Bono, there's someone to emulate.

Some of ya'll are definitely wrapped too tight.
And yet another who hasn't read the article and watched the video. This would be hilarious if it wasn't so pathetic.

Old 09-30-2011, 09:58 AM

8,346 posts, read 7,048,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buddy5 View Post
'Tammy' is a child.

My grandson doesn't want to do homework, because he wants to play.

Should we force him to do homework, or just let him play? He says he doesn't want to go to college, why should we bother to make him go to the 5th grade. If that is what he wants, no more school for him.

What if this kid gets to puberty and then decides, I want to be a boy now?

What if he wants to commit suicide? It's what he wants to do. Let him blow his brains out?

Parents need to be adults. They need to think what is best for the child.
They are.

Which is why they're delaying the effects of puberty, so once he's older, he can decide.

That way, if he decides to transition (I'd start around 13-14 myself), there is little to no testosterone effect on the body and it can be an easier transition.

And if he decides to NOT transition, he can just be a "late bloomer".

It's actually a very good decision to make.

Old 09-30-2011, 09:59 AM

1,489 posts, read 3,090,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nimchimpsky View Post
Studies have shown that trans children realize they are different as early as age 4 or 5--around the same time kids in general start to become aware of gender.
It doesnt matter when they are aware of this, they are still too young and un developed. Changing your gender is so life altering and serious I don't even think a 16 year old can be ready to make that decision.

I was also 8 years old when I realized I wanted a tattoo. Thank god my mom wasn't "open minded" (libs love that term) enough to let me get it. Otherwise I would be in my late 20s still walking around with a bart simpson tattoo on my forehead and regretting it every day.

Oh well, if this issue is okay, then I think tattoos on children should also be legal. Time to invest in childrens flash art.

Old 09-30-2011, 10:00 AM

8,323 posts, read 15,175,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ergohead View Post
I dunno, the photos show that each one has a weight problem.
Considering that around 3 out of every 4 Americans are either overweight or obese, it doesn't surprise me that they are overweight. In fact, being overweight would make them... "normal".

Quote:
Originally Posted by ergohead View Post
Nurture over nature is always a factor.

The kid was adopted.
In case you missed it in the article, the lesbian couple has two older boys, as well as grandchildren. So out of the three boys they have raised, one has GID.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerbacon View Post
And while we're on the subject everyone should still refer to the male child as "he" not "her". Doing otherwise is just a liberal attempt to sway opinion by controlling the conversation. It is deceitful and a low-handed debate trick.
When in reality, we call her a "she" because it is respectful of her wishes.

Old 09-30-2011, 10:00 AM

6,484 posts, read 6,620,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantasy Tokoro View Post
They are.

Which is why they're delaying the effects of puberty, so once he's older, he can decide.

That way, if he decides to transition (I'd start around 13-14 myself), there is little to no testosterone effect on the body and it can be an easier transition.

And if he decides to NOT transition, he can just be a "late bloomer".

It's actually a very good decision to make.
I have no idea what planet you'd have to be from to figure that it would be a good idea to further confuse a kid who doesn't know what gender he is. That is child abuse.

Old 09-30-2011, 10:01 AM

8,346 posts, read 7,048,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvinist View Post
I have no idea what planet you'd have to be from to figure that it would be a good idea to further confuse a kid who doesn't know what gender he is. That is child abuse.
It'd be child abuse to force a child with GID to stay within their gender.

Old 09-30-2011, 10:02 AM

10,449 posts, read 12,468,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheArchitect View Post
Doesnt matter, 11 yrs is TOO YOUNG. While this kid is with virtual certainty gay, it may very well be that a age 18 he may decide he does not want to be female after all.

This is not like choosing a pair of shoes, its a MAJOR physical transformation of the sort a person should have to be at least 18 to undertake
Let me repeat this.

Not doing anything would force Tammy to choose manhood. In other words, ignoring it and letting Tammy grow up bio-male is making a decision for her. It's forcing the parental decision on her.

Having full-blown sexual reassignment surgery would force Tammy to choose womanhood. That would also be making a decision for her, which is why the parents did not choose that path either.

The hormone-blocking therapy the parents have chosen buys Tammy more time so that she doesn't have to make the decision right now.

No one is forcing her to decide right now. The parents are buying her more time so that she CAN make the decision LATER ON. As in, she is NOT being forced to make a major decision RIGHT NOW.

Did that help clear things up? Or do you still not get it?

Old 09-30-2011, 10:03 AM

37,981 posts, read 22,172,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
This is exactly why we need to study and eventually medically treat people with the mental disorder of homosexuality. I'm all for gay couples adopting but not when they allow their mental condition to spread over to adopted children. Hormone blocking at 11 years old to prevent puberty? Come the F on now.
This has to be a hoax, talk about child endangerment and an obvious case of psychological manipulation.

The process started at the age of eight years old, kids are still babies at that age, when it comes to comprehending the world around them; mom and dad are their entire universe. And yet we are to believe this boy, who was raised by lesbians, has always know that being a boy conflicted with the world because he had a ding-dong?

I wonder where the boy got the notion that being a boy was somehow abnormal and out of place in this world?

Who taught the kid, or where did he get the idea, that the hateful genitalia he possessed at birth was.... just wrong, and being a boy was somehow an aberration, and he should become a girl just like mom and dad?

Old 09-30-2011, 10:04 AM

5,821 posts, read 5,306,705 times
Default Lesbian parents allow their 11 year old adopted son to change his sex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymax View Post
And yet another who hasn't read the article and watched the video. This would be hilarious if it wasn't so pathetic.
You call me pathetic and you agree with this 'procedure'? Fine with me, I will be ignorant of this stupidity.

Those 'parents' should be ashamed. Maybe 'Tammy' and Chaz Bono can get together, live in Hollywood and make children's films.

I think I will leave this thread, before I am asked to leave.

Old 09-30-2011, 10:05 AM

20,868 posts, read 23,568,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nimchimpsky View Post
Let me repeat this.

Not doing anything would force Tammy to choose manhood. In other words, ignoring it and letting Tammy grow up bio-male is making a decision for her. It's forcing the parental decision on her.

Having full-blown sexual reassignment surgery would force Tammy to choose womanhood. That would also be making a decision for her, which is why the parents did not choose that path either.

The hormone-blocking therapy the parents have chosen buys Tammy more time so that she doesn't have to make the decision right now.

No one is forcing her to decide right now. The parents are buying her more time so that she CAN make the decision LATER ON. As in, she is NOT being forced to make a major decision RIGHT NOW.

Did that help clear things up? Or do you still not get it?

The bigots still won't get it or accept it. Good post though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies