Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-30-2011, 09:16 AM

15,706 posts, read 11,782,559 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
That's correct, and you cannot reason with crazy ... it's impossible.
As so consistently explained by conservative logic on this board. Truly crazy.

Old 09-30-2011, 09:18 AM

15,706 posts, read 11,782,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymax View Post
And...you still haven't read the article or watched the video. I guess an anti-gay rant is more satisfying for you than spending 10 minutes finding out the facts of this story?

How about a child of heterosexual parents facing exactly the same situation?

Parents Consider Treatment to Delay Son's Puberty : NPR
Clearly NPR is a liberal communist source, espousing a conspiracy since we all know that heterosexual parents only raise, normal, heterosexual, non-gender confused children.

Old 09-30-2011, 09:23 AM

5,821 posts, read 5,306,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ergohead View Post
Maybe the kid wants to be tall when he grows up.

Shouldn't it be determined now whether to begin growth hormone therapy?
Or maybe, his feet are too large? The Japanese used to wrap the feet of girls to keep them small. Let's get started with that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
And if this child "always felt he was Superman", I suppose putting a red cape on him and assisting him out the window of a high rise building would make sense too?
Yep, maybe the 'Thing', let's start tinting his skin orange.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nimchimpsky View Post
Nature also decided to give her a female brain.

You and I don't get to decide. It's not up to me or you. It's up to Tammy. She has said numerous times "I am a girl". I'm respecting her wishes because it's up to her, not me or you or anyone else.
Of course he wants to be a girl. Mama is a girl, and daddy-mama is a girl, seems natural. They don't like men, would rather 'be' with women, kid wants to make mama and mama happy, boom let's be a 'girl'.

Kid wants to be another Chaz Bono, there's someone to emulate.

Some of ya'll are definitely wrapped too tight.

17,842 posts, read 14,393,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe_Ryder View Post
BS!

I take issue with child abuse and sexual mutilation.
As about 50% of children with GID attempt suicide during puberty, it would be abusive to NOT delay puberty and give this child some time to grow older and consider the implications before all the irreversible physical changes of puberty kick in.

Quote:
"This treatment is fully reversible, and cessation of the GnRH analog will result in the adolescent resuming puberty in their birth-assigned gender (Cohen-Kettenis et al., 2008). Pubertal delay can provide respite for the psychosocial pain of the transgender adolescent while simultaneously allowing time for the therapist and adolescent to further explore their gender identity and wish for sex reassignment, contributing to greater diagnostic precision (Cohen-Kettenis & van Goozen, 1998; Cohen-Kettenis et al., 2008). This can serve to satisfy any doubts the parents and doctor may have about proceeding with sex reassignment treatment, allow time for parents/family to get counseling and support as needed, notify and educate school personnel, and explore the full range of treatment options."
http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/718619_8

Last edited by Ceist; 09-30-2011 at 09:58 AM..

912 posts, read 1,332,616 times
I think he is a little young to make that decision but it is not lunacy.

Old 09-30-2011, 09:24 AM

19,226 posts, read 15,330,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nimchimpsky View Post
Are you transgender? Have you ever been to gender therapy? Oh wait--you haven't? Then you don't know what it's like. Your analogies don't reflect the actual experience of being trans because you don't know what it's like.

Leave it to people who are actually trans to decide what they want to do with their lives. That's what these parents are doing--they are leaving it up to their child to decide when she is older.
What if the kid is indecisive?

Can hormone restriction therapy be extended indefinitely?

Should the kid be exposed to . . .

Well, what will the kid be given to make an informed decision?

Key word here, "informed".

Old 09-30-2011, 09:24 AM

1,300 posts, read 961,878 times
This is simply too young.

It should not be legal to undergo such unessasary cosmetic and/or hormonal transformations until adulthood.

Although i am not against homosexual marriage, one has to strongly suspect that the parents own heavily biased, politicized perspectives influened then to behave in this sitiation as though there was some greater socio-political point to prove rather than looking at it objectively as what is in the best interest of a very young, still mentally developing child.

Old 09-30-2011, 09:25 AM

10,449 posts, read 12,468,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buddy5 View Post
Of course he wants to be a girl. Mama is a girl, and daddy-mama is a girl, seems natural. They don't like men, would rather 'be' with women, kid wants to make mama and mama happy, boom let's be a 'girl'.
How do you explain trans children of heterosexual cisgender (non-trans) parents? Most trans children have heterosexual cisgender parents...and they're still trans. Sorry but that theory fails.

Old 09-30-2011, 09:26 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,393,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammbriggs View Post
this is disgraceful. not the idea that the parents are allowing it but that they could find doctors to perform the procedures. as far as i know, i don't think that a person can have a fulfilling sex life after a full sex change. they may be able to make the goods downstairs look good but i don't think they can match sensations down there. they are robbing this child. i actually think the whole thing is quite sickening
And yet another person who can't be bothered spending a few minutes reading the article and watching the video for the facts of this story.

It's like an epidemic of willful ignorance.

Old 09-30-2011, 09:26 AM

10,449 posts, read 12,468,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheArchitect View Post
This is simply too young.

It should not be legal to undergo such unessasary cosmetic and/or hormonal transformations until adulthood.

Although i am not against homosexual marriage, one has to strongly suspect that the parents own heavily biased, politicized perspectives influened then to behave in this sitiation as though there was some greater socio-political point to prove rather than looking at it objectively as what is in the best interest of a very young, still mentally developing child.
Actually, if you watch the video, you will see the parents admit themselves they have no idea what it's like to be trans. As a result, they leave the decisions up to Tammy since she is the only one in the family who knows what it's like to be trans. They are very careful to put their opinions aside when deciding the future of their child--something that cannot be said of most parents.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies