Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-30-2011, 09:29 AM

37,981 posts, read 22,172,656 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
California, where else could this type of lunacy be allowed?

Read more: The California boy, 11, who is undergoing hormone blocking treatment | Mail Online
Who knew!?!

I mean, what are the odds that two lesbians would adopt a boy child who is as gender confused as they are? What are the chances, really, one in ten million, one in a billion, that their adopted son agrees with his lesbian parents that going girl, is best?

I'm trying to find an applicable analogy here, to explain how astronomical the odds of this coincidence are.

Old 09-30-2011, 09:33 AM

37,981 posts, read 22,172,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nimchimpsky View Post
Actually, if you watch the video, you will see the parents admit themselves they have no idea what it's like to be trans. As a result, they leave the decisions up to Tammy since she is the only one in the family who knows what it's like to be trans. They are very careful to put their opinions aside when deciding the future of their child--something that cannot be said of most parents.
Did they ask their son when he was eight????

A boy who started the process of changing sex at age eight has told how he always knew he was meant to be a girl.

Old 09-30-2011, 09:36 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,393,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerbacon View Post
This is child abuse of the highest order. The parents should be arrested and charged as such. This will damage the child for the rest of his life. There is no way an eight year old child can make this decision and there is no sane person who can believe that his "parents" didn't influence or push him into this mindset. I really don't care what homosexuals do to each other but they should not be allowed anywhere near children. The state has an interest here in the healthy development of the child and heeds to step in and stop this process before irreversable harm is done. Then laws ne to be re-enacted banning adoption by unfit individuals. Anyone who would allow or encourage this sort of practice is certainly unfit to be a parent. While I believe that the parents' sexual orientation was an influencing factor in this case, I would also feel that two heterosexual parents who allowed this to happen would also be unfit to be parents.
And yet another who can't be bothered to read the article and watch the video before posting ignorant bigoted opinions.

Here's a story of heterosexual parents faced with the same situation:

Parents Consider Treatment to Delay Son's Puberty : NPR

Was their sexual orientation an influencing factor?

^^ Not that I expect you to bother reading that either.

Old 09-30-2011, 09:37 AM

10,449 posts, read 12,468,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
Who knew!?!

I mean, what are the odds that two lesbians would adopt a boy child who is as gender confused as they are? What are the chances, really, one in ten million, one in a billion, that their adopted son agrees with his lesbian parents that going girl, is best?

I'm trying to find an applicable analogy here, to explain how astronomical the odds of this coincidence are.
Here, let me give you one.

Llanes family on EM (tech room), 8/8 - YouTube

In this family, 4 members are blind, and one is deaf.

Here's another:

Family - Deaf Blind Triplets - YouTube

This family has deaf-blind triplets.

How astronomical are the odds of that? Odd things happen. That's life.

Old 09-30-2011, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nimchimpsky View Post
They're not forcing their 8-year-old child to make a decision. They are doing the only thing that allows their child more time so that a decision can be made later on. Try reading the article and watching the video.
Feels like a broken record doesn't it?

Some people just seem to love the opportunity for a good old hate rant. Never mind the facts.

Old 09-30-2011, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
Did they ask their son when he was eight????

A boy who started the process of changing sex at age eight has told how he always knew he was meant to be a girl.
They didn't have to. Their daughter told them when she was 3. In sign language. Before she could even speak. She has been saying the same thing ever since.

And they didn't change her sex yet. They gave her a medical procedure that holds off her having to decide until later. The title of this thread is completely misleading. They did not change her genitalia or give her any sort of definitive sexual reassignment surgery.

They are leaving that up to her, to decide later on. They are going through with the only medical option that doesn't force the parents to decide for their child.

There are plenty of gray-area cases but this just isn't one of them. And even if it was a gray-area case, they're not deciding for Tammy. They're buying Tammy time so she can decide for herself.

Old 09-30-2011, 09:40 AM

6,793 posts, read 5,666,526 times
Honestly?
Being deaf and or blind can be hereditary so the odds of such are not that astronomical.

I think the issue is what an 8 year old wants today is not ALWAYS what an 8 year old wants when they are 15 or 25..
seems like common sense to me but I guess not.

Just the other day my 8 year asked for a REAL Tatoo of his favorite NFL Teams LOGO on his shoulder... ? Do you think I should let him get one?

Old 09-30-2011, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHouse9 View Post
Sorry, he is a "he". Nature decided that long before. Sometimes people just need to accept things for what they are and move along. You can call him a "she" all you want but he is definitely a he.
Some people need to educate themselves about nature and fetal development of the brain.

Sexual hormones and the brain: an essential alliance for sexual identity and sexual orientation (2010)
Endocr Dev. 2010;17:22-35. Epub 2009 Nov 24. Garcia-Falgueras A, Swaab DF.

"The fetal brain develops during the intrauterine period in the male direction through a direct action of testosterone on the developing nerve cells, or in the female direction through the absence of this hormone surge. In this way, our gender identity (the conviction of belonging to the male or female gender) and sexual orientation are programmed or organized into our brain structures when we are still in the womb.

However, since sexual differentiation of the genitals takes place in the first two months of pregnancy and sexual differentiation of the brain starts in the second half of pregnancy, these two processes can be influenced independently, which may result in extreme cases in trans-sexuality. This also means that in the event of ambiguous sex at birth, the degree of masculinization of the genitals may not reflect the degree of masculinization of the brain.

There is no indication that social environment after birth has an effect on gender identity or sexual orientation."

Old 09-30-2011, 09:45 AM

7,541 posts, read 6,275,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymax View Post
Some people need to educate themselves.

Sexual hormones and the brain: an essential alliance for sexual identity and sexual orientation (2010)
Endocr Dev. 2010;17:22-35. Epub 2009 Nov 24. Garcia-Falgueras A, Swaab DF.
you can repost this till pink cows grow wings and fly, it ain't going to change the minds of the willfully bigoted.

Old 09-30-2011, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymax View Post
Feels like a broken record doesn't it?

Some people just seem to love the opportunity for a good old hate rant. Never mind the facts.
Yep. I just keep repeating myself. I don't know how many more times I can say "the decision is Tammy's, not ours; the parents are letting Tammy decide for herself."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies