Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-30-2011, 09:45 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,966,939 times

Advertisements

Quote:
They didn't have to. Their daughter told them when she was 3. In sign language. Before she could even speak. She has been saying the same thing ever since.
Oh boy. How many times do we take what a 3 year old says as gospel and KNOWING what they're talking about.

Old 09-30-2011, 09:47 AM

10,449 posts, read 12,468,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Oh boy. How many times do we take what a 3 year old says as gospel and KNOWING what they're talking about.
I wouldn't if she said it for a year and then kept changing her story. Except she has been saying the same thing ever since.

And then tried to cut off her own penis at age 7.

The article says she threatened genital mutilation and then began the process of transitioning at age 8. These parents did not just acquiesce to her every whim. Tammy said the same thing for 4 years and then threatened to harm herself, and only then did the parents take action. Hardly what I would call "taking what a 3 year old says as gospel".

How many times does a child have to say something before their parents take them seriously? How far does a child have to go before their parents will listen to them?

8,323 posts, read 15,175,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
Who knew!?!

I mean, what are the odds that two lesbians would adopt a boy child who is as gender confused as they are? What are the chances, really, one in ten million, one in a billion, that their adopted son agrees with his lesbian parents that going girl, is best?

I'm trying to find an applicable analogy here, to explain how astronomical the odds of this coincidence are.
Perhaps Tammy is with them for a reason?

Considering that she has older brothers whom do not have GID, one could plausibly determine that the parents are not the cause of this.

17,842 posts, read 14,393,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
Nothing is lunacy to these lunatics ... as best as I can determine. Welcome to the Twilight Zone.

This is precisely why people have heartburn with such adoptions. Pure mental illness to the extreme.
And here we go yet again from the anti-gay peanut gallery.

Please read the article and watch the video.

And here's another story with heterosexual parents in the same situation:

Parents Consider Treatment to Delay Son's Puberty : NPR

Old 09-30-2011, 09:49 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,393,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
And if this child "always felt he was Superman", I suppose putting a red cape on him and assisting him out the window of a high rise building would make sense too?
Should we thank you for proving your ignorance of gender identity disorder with this dumb comparison?

Old 09-30-2011, 09:51 AM

19,226 posts, read 15,330,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rita Mordio View Post
Perhaps Tammy is with them for a reason?

Considering that she has older brothers whom do not have GID, one could plausibly determine that the parents are not the cause of this.
I dunno, the photos show that each one has a weight problem.

Nurture over nature is always a factor.

The kid was adopted.

Old 09-30-2011, 09:53 AM

10,449 posts, read 12,468,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ergohead View Post
I dunno, the photos show that each one has a weight problem.

Nurture over nature is always a factor.

The kid was adopted.
What say you to all the trans children that are not adopted that have cis (non-trans) parents and siblings?

Old 09-30-2011, 09:54 AM

1,300 posts, read 961,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nimchimpsky View Post
Actually, if you watch the video, you will see the parents admit themselves they have no idea what it's like to be trans. As a result, they leave the decisions up to Tammy since she is the only one in the family who knows what it's like to be trans. They are very careful to put their opinions aside when deciding the future of their child--something that cannot be said of most parents.

They SAY they are careful not to let their opinions influence but it is likely more subconcious than entirely conscious.... but it doesnt matter, 11 yrs is TOO YOUNG. While this kid is with virtual certainty gay, it may very well be that a age 18 he may decide he does not want to be female after all.

This is not like choosing a pair of shoes, its a MAJOR physical transformation of the sort a person should have to be at least 18 to undertake

3,644 posts, read 6,308,340 times
Quote:
Try reading the article and watching the video.
Read the article, can't watch the video at work. I understand that the doctors BELIEVE that normal development could take place once the hormone blocking device is removed at a later stage in life. In the meantime this kid is going to school. What sort of effect is this going to have on how he is treated? What if the doctors are wrong and there are consequences to delaying puberty by so many years? Have they even tested this on animals yet? It still seems like child abuse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymax View Post
And yet another who can't be bothered to read the article and watch the video before posting ignorant bigoted opinions.

Here's a story of heterosexual parents faced with the same situation:

Parents Consider Treatment to Delay Son's Puberty : NPR

Was their sexual orientation an influencing factor?

^^ Not that I expect you to bother reading that either.
I stated that I would feel the same way if a heterosexual couple did the same thing. It would still be child abuse.

And while we're on the subject everyone should still refer to the male child as "he" not "her". Doing otherwise is just a liberal attempt to sway opinion by controlling the conversation. It is deceitful and a low-handed debate trick.

5,821 posts, read 5,306,705 times
Quote:
Yep. I just keep repeating myself. I don't know how many more times I can say "the decision is Tammy's, not ours; the parents are letting Tammy decide for herself."
'Tammy' is a child.

My grandson doesn't want to do homework, because he wants to play.

Should we force him to do homework, or just let him play? He says he doesn't want to go to college, why should we bother to make him go to the 5th grade. If that is what he wants, no more school for him.

What if this kid gets to puberty and then decides, I want to be a boy now?

What if he wants to commit suicide? It's what he wants to do. Let him blow his brains out?

Parents need to be adults. They need to think what is best for the child.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies