Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2011, 11:22 PM

38,644 posts, read 26,389,506 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
Because it's one of the few supposed "sins" that most people themselves will never have to deal with, which makes it an easy scapegoat to condemn and still view yourself as the righteous godly one.

Divorce, adultery, gluttony, greed, sabbath breaking, etc. are all very common in the Christian community which makes people want to turn a blind eye to them.

Although those who are seriously opposed to gays, generally are hiding something themselves and it's more of a defense mechanism to take their mind off their own same-sex attractions.

Sabbath breaking?

You mean like the Sabbath that existed under Jewish Law?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2011, 11:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokieFan View Post
Yeh, you missed the memo. It was circulated 34 days ago. Guess you didn't get it.
"Schaller and colleagues (Faulkner, Schaller, Park, & Duncan, 2004; Park, Faulkner, & Schaller, 2003; Schaller & Duncan, 2007) have argued that over the course of human evolution, people developed a “behavioral immune system” that functioned to shield them from exposure to novel pathogens or parasites. Individuals belonging to unfamiliar groups, especially those who engaged in unusual practices regarding food, cleanliness, and sex, posed a higher risk of carrying novel (and therefore particularly dangerous) infectious agents. Perceiving such individuals would thus activate the behavioral immune system and cause avoidance behavior and the accompanying emotion of disgust. It is important to note that this argument does not assume that all or even most of these outgroups actually did pose a risk of infection. But because risks of failing to detect a contagious individual (serious illness and possibly premature death) greatly outweighed the cost of wrongly identifying a harmless individual as contagious, one would expect the behavioral immune system to display hypervigilance (Schaller & Duncan, 2007). This hypervigilance may be especially acute in those individuals who are especially sensitive to disgust, the emotion that drives the behavioral avoidance system."

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sourc...w2PhnJNTi4vo1Q

Old 10-04-2011, 11:47 PM

8,289 posts, read 13,568,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
"Schaller and colleagues (Faulkner, Schaller, Park, & Duncan, 2004; Park, Faulkner, & Schaller, 2003; Schaller & Duncan, 2007) have argued that over the course of human evolution, people developed a “behavioral immune system” that functioned to shield them from exposure to novel pathogens or parasites. Individuals belonging to unfamiliar groups, especially those who engaged in unusual practices regarding food, cleanliness, and sex, posed a higher risk of carrying novel (and therefore particularly dangerous) infectious agents. Perceiving such individuals would thus activate the behavioral immune system and cause avoidance behavior and the accompanying emotion of disgust. It is important to note that this argument does not assume that all or even most of these outgroups actually did pose a risk of infection. But because risks of failing to detect a contagious individual (serious illness and possibly premature death) greatly outweighed the cost of wrongly identifying a harmless individual as contagious, one would expect the behavioral immune system to display hypervigilance (Schaller & Duncan, 2007). This hypervigilance may be especially acute in those individuals who are especially sensitive to disgust, the emotion that drives the behavioral avoidance system."

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sourc...w2PhnJNTi4vo1Q
So can you explain why "heterosexuals" are still the largest transfer of STDs in the world including AIDs?

Old 10-04-2011, 11:54 PM

4,042 posts, read 3,530,444 times
Should be able to explain this very simply, since Heterosexuals outnumber Homosexuals by such a huge margin.

Old 10-05-2011, 12:03 AM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,837,011 times

Its OK Hes only gay - YouTube

Old 10-05-2011, 12:06 AM

1,258 posts, read 2,312,472 times
The 'gay issue' basically boils down to this...

Common sense tells you (I'll use men in this example)....no man just wakes up one day and thinks to himself...'You know Suzi is a lousy girlfriend, I think I'm going to start liking dudes now. Suzi was such a beach, I'm no longer a breast man, I am now a hairy back man.'

I mean seriousely...sure there are some who might be fake or 'experimenting' but the vast majority...Did not just make a 'choice' one day.

Why this is such an issue with Republicans is the fact that many of them have these feelings. They feel so horrible because their religion/pastors tell them this is so against everything baby jesus teaches...war killing people=OK, sexual preference different=SATAN...they feel so bad and wrong about themselves. So they make it their crusade to rid the U.S. of the 'gays'.

Its just self-loathing and hatred that most Republicans have for themselves in general. It manifests in their never ending crusade to demonize and outlaw any and everyone who doesn't agree with their views.

Old 10-05-2011, 12:07 AM

1,258 posts, read 2,312,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnysee View Post
Yeah, apparently there are a lot of memoes that you've missed reading. This link here at this website may be interesting to ya.

//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...-disorder.html
I think most will agree...Being a tea-tard/talk-radiot/Republican is far more the mental disorder!

Old 10-05-2011, 12:09 AM

4,042 posts, read 3,530,444 times
That "many" would be the ones I am referring to, no-doubt.

Yeah, I don't think, I know "many would agree" with me, fer sher.

Old 10-05-2011, 01:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiRob View Post
So can you explain why "heterosexuals" are still the largest transfer of STDs in the world including AIDs?

Haven't you heard?

Most people are heterosexuals.

Old 10-05-2011, 01:40 AM

44,259 posts, read 64,384,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theroc5156 View Post
Good question. I'm a Republican and am not gay. However, I do support the right for gays to marry and/or adopt children. What two CONSENTING ADULTS do in the privacy of their home is their own business. The Federal Government has way too many other issues to be concerned about right now without interfering in the personal lives of its citizenry. Why this is a huge issue in politics is beyond me. If you are living in Toledo, Ohio should you care about two men or two women getting married in Tulsa, Oklahoma? No.
This is what my brother, his wife, and dozens of my friends think...most of whom are STRAIGHT REPUBLICANS.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies