Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-17-2011, 06:35 PM

1,770 posts, read 2,898,659 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
And apparently they happen to you all in one month.

Instead of this being a game this should be a country song (with only the beer, cheater wife and dead dog missing).
One month?! They had things everyday!! The responses to these things where what annoyed me. Had one that said "Im depressed" and I had 3 options..and my free one was "JUST PRETEND LIKE I'M FINE"... or about how I try and confide my feelings in a friend? I understand this isn't the "cure" for depression, but it sure beats acting like a victim like this game portrays.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2011, 06:37 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,480,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by h0tmess View Post
One month?! They had things everyday!! The responses to these things where what annoyed me. Had one that said "Im depressed" and I had 3 options..and my free one was "JUST PRETEND LIKE I'M FINE"... or about how I try and confide my feelings in a friend? I understand this isn't the "cure" for depression, but it sure beats acting like a victim like this game portrays.
You were suppose to go to the doctor and get a bottle a Xanaxes and get addicted and then have to pay for rehab...

Any American knows that, geez.

Old 10-17-2011, 07:00 PM

1,738 posts, read 2,079,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by herefornow View Post
You probably haven't been reading my other posts, as there are so many that float through here on a daily basis, but I've already explained my back story over the last couple of days in other posts.. I have lived on $400 a month, I have lived in tough neighborhoods, and I know there are thousands of others out there like myself. What I'm pissed off about is that the system is rigged to allow people who are smarter, more clever, more healthy to take over the land, buy up housing, and build, while making the rest of the world slave away to live on their land, live in their houses (rent), and buy their food. We don't have a choice. None at all. I could go on about any number of things I believe are corrupt about the way things are set up, but I'm riding down the road, trucking, 80 hours a week. I won't have internet service for a while (spotty service for $200/month?!), so those grievances will have to wait.

No one owes me food or shelter?! Check my reply to BiggJoe, right above this one. I really hope to start a thread on this, soon.

Hi! I can see where you're coming from. I can almost feel the frustration oozing through my screen. The system IS broken...though I'm not sure when it was ever really fixed or working properly.
Anyway. I wish I had the magic answer, I don't
I am including the link to an initiative that is being done across the country (hopefully there's one near you) the link is for our local one, but you can get the idea and then do a search for your area
It's called Circles, and it has been an awesome thiing in my life.
There are changes that need to be made, but IF we will ever see them, it will be on a local level far before (if ever) we will see major change (for the better) on a national level.
Things like gleening programs, and time banks, etc. do make a difference.

Adams County Circles Initiative

Old 10-17-2011, 07:09 PM

1,738 posts, read 2,079,612 times
Quote:
OK now that I'm home I was able to play the game. It was SO one sided and it played on emotion and not logic.
Yeah, I GET IT. Things HAPPEN to people.

Off the top of my head, let me explain.
I had 1 question come up, and it told me that I had a student loan payment of $250. It was pay it or ignore it. WHERE IS "Call up loan, explain situation, work out longer but smaller pay system"?? Hmm?

Another question was about my son being teased for the free lunches at school, so I could pay $3 a day for lunch or "RISK CHILD GOING HUNGRY"? Please!!

I had picked the warehouse job, and by day 15 it told me I was in a lot of pain from working. Should I call out? LOL? I mean.. come on now!!!

Then the food options where all scams. $3 for spaghetti? $3 for spaghetti SHOULD be when it's on sale for 5 for $3. 5 boxes of pasta? That's total win. Even if you stuffed yourselves for 2 people: You can eat 1/4 of box per person. Each box will last 2 meals. 5 boxes for $3 will be 10 meals.

Also, there were no options for rice? LOL?

Where was the option of "At work, someone disposes a Sunday papers. Do you: CLIP COUPONS TO GET FURTHER WITH FOOD BUDGET or DON'T CLIP COUPONS AND BE VICTIM FURTHER".

How can anyone feel bad for someone who isn't totally trying? Work 15 days and you call out already? Ugh. This is SO infuriating.

BUT, believe me.. I get it. I know these things happen. When you finally get what feels like "being caught up" SOMETHING happens. This is life and you need to work harder to be prepared for these things.

EDIT: LMAO, So now I picked the waiter job and I picked the closest option to work. It tells me good news I can walk or bike to work, but I can't ditch my car just yet!! lmao, oh PLEASE. Depending on the car I had, this is already a game changer for how my next month or 2 will be!!
I do agree. I use lots of coupons and shop clearance, no optiion for that..and no option for bill negotiation. And since 60% or more of the kids in our schools get free lunches, well I'm not worried about if my kids got teased. Also, the offer of piece rate or they cut your salary in half...really? If you're making $9 and they cut your salary inhalf, you'd be making $4.50/ hour which is almost $3 under the minimum wage!?!
and then they tell you IF you take the piece-rate you'll make less than others making $9/hour
Really? Cos I DO work a piece rate job and average $12-$15/hour or more and never do I make less than $10.
There are other people in my town that do my job by machine, and they get a flat hourly rate of $8.50/hour...

Old 10-17-2011, 08:06 PM

1,168 posts, read 2,505,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by faeryedark View Post
Hi! I can see where you're coming from. I can almost feel the frustration oozing through my screen. The system IS broken...though I'm not sure when it was ever really fixed or working properly.
Anyway. I wish I had the magic answer, I don't
I am including the link to an initiative that is being done across the country (hopefully there's one near you) the link is for our local one, but you can get the idea and then do a search for your area
It's called Circles, and it has been an awesome thiing in my life.
There are changes that need to be made, but IF we will ever see them, it will be on a local level far before (if ever) we will see major change (for the better) on a national level.
Things like gleening programs, and time banks, etc. do make a difference.

Adams County Circles Initiative
Apparently that post is not that current posters situation.

Old 10-17-2011, 08:10 PM

1,168 posts, read 2,505,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by herefornow View Post
Okay, nevermind. In a town with limited service, at the moment. My husband is the driver, and I have been with him the last few months because of an ugly situation at the home involving my dad. My kids are now 16 and 19; one is going to a community college, and the other has his GED (they will be moving on soon, thank goodness, because I can't take the insanity and chaos of this life much longer).

The cell phone is the only thing we indulge in (we didn't even have a car this last year because of a bankruptcy due to medical bills), and it keeps my desperate mind occupied. It is a smart phone, so I have a Kindle on it, which means I'm able to read, and read, and then read some more, when I have absolutely nothing else to do. I don't watch TV, I don't go out, and I don't buy anything but the basics week in and week out. We are barely making it at the moment, but I am better off now, financially, anyway, than I've been at times, before.

I had two children when I was very young, for reasons I will not explain here, and I did not have anymore. I have been fighting to stay above water and keep them out of bad neighborhoods (hasn't always worked) ever since. And, while being stupid may have to do with some of the problems befalling the citizens of our nation, it absolutely does not apply to all of the poor around the world, including the good ol' USA.
so which one of your kids has the GED? If it's the 19 yr old how do you have a 16 yr old in community college? If it's the other way around how does a 16 yr old have a GED? Typical HS freshman are around 15...

Not really trying to blow holes in your story but some things just aren't adding up.

Old 10-17-2011, 09:43 PM

3,381 posts, read 4,196,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggJoe4181 View Post
so which one of your kids has the GED? If it's the 19 yr old how do you have a 16 yr old in community college? If it's the other way around how does a 16 yr old have a GED? Typical HS freshman are around 15...

Not really trying to blow holes in your story but some things just aren't adding up.
What the **** is your problem? Stop with the stupid little faces. My 19 year old got a GED last year and is in college, barely making it, right now, and my 16 year old was allowed to get a GED in Washington State with permission from the school district. Do you want me to send you his permission slip??!!

And, if you want to find my dad and ask him why the hell I'm in the condition I'm in, feel free to find his ass somewhere in a California hotel, where he is living, because he blew a quarter of a million dollars which he got from my mom's death (whom he hated with a rage that knows no bounds---he wanted to destroy our family) last year, in the stock market. He had a stroke, is bipolar, and was living with me for a few months up until last week, becaue I felt sorry for his stupid ass, and he is now going to end up dying on the streets or in some god-forsaken, state-run nursing home because he's such a narcissistic, paranoid, bitter old soul that has run everybody off who ever cared for him, including me, the last person who would pick up the *** damned phone when he called.

By the way, I got into a fight with him, before I kicked him out, over the state of this country. It's people like him, trying to make money off of other people's misery in the stock market, selling short and investing in anti-stock, and a Religious Republican, to top it off, who have destroyed this country. You want to know what he said when I told him how sad and angry I was over the state of chaos so many people live in and over my pain and over other people's pain? His eyes became blank, and he said he never felt anybody else's pain. That's just it. So many people don't care, or don't care to know, because then they would realize what kind of cruelty they have been a part of, and just maybe because they are souless ghosts pretending to be human beings. They look like they care, they act like they care, but when the rubber hits the road, they don't give a ****. He was an intelligent guy who could charm people for awhile, make them part of his world until you went against him, questioned him, or called him on anything. Isn't that how it is with politicians? Play the game, be their friends, believe everything they say, and you'll be just fine, right? They control everything. You bow, or you sink.

Anyhow, he took his money with him (900 dollars a month), and good riddance. I told him I didn't need a house that damned bad. Who cares that I worked 20 years to get decent shelter. I'm not selling my soul for one.

What this all has to do with this thread, I don't know. Maybe somebody can make the connection for me.

(I'm sure I'll be in a gentler mood another day. But, really, stop with the faces, already. For Pete's sake.)

Last edited by herefornow; 10-17-2011 at 09:51 PM..

Old 10-17-2011, 09:45 PM

1,770 posts, read 2,898,659 times
LOL, I keep playing this game. This is too funny how much it intentionally sets you up. I have to go to the laundromat, so now I have to spend $30?? LOL why did I wait "weeks" to do laundry? Why don't I have ANY family or friends that I could, perhaps, use their washer and dryer provided I bring my own detergent.

If anyone actually feels "bad" while playing... well.. you are a retard.

Old 10-17-2011, 09:57 PM

3,381 posts, read 4,196,896 times
Quote:
LOL, I keep playing this game. This is too funny how much it intentionally sets you up. I have to go to the laundromat, so now I have to spend $30?? LOL why did I wait "weeks" to do laundry? Why don't I have ANY family or friends that I could, perhaps, use their washer and dryer provided I bring my own detergent.

If anyone actually feels "bad" while playing... well.. you are a retard.
How many people are you washing clother for? It's easily $30 dollars for 4 people in some places.

How many single mothers have the time to make friends? And what if they don't have any decent family members? Did you ever think of such things? And, even if they did, perchance, happen to have this luxury, do you think somebody is going to let them use their W/D forever? Will somebody buy them one? And what if they have ongoing problems. Does anybody out there want a friend or family member like that? Especially if they don't go to church (heathens), or aren't on the same political side (anti-christ commies), or a number of other stupid things that split people up?

Old 10-17-2011, 10:01 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,480,300 times
That's 8 - 12 loads a week... Maybe you (not you personally) should teach your kids to eat their food instead of wear it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies