Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2011, 06:57 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,728,990 times

Advertisements

Legalize all the drugs if and only if drug testing is required for all welfare programs, and no free hospital care is provided to those who choose to destroy themselves with their drugs.

If we're going to go the libertarian route, you can't keep the welfare and food stamps flowing to the losers who prefer getting stoned and doped up to going to work. And allow the employers to ensure their employees aren't drugged. Don't make me pay for the rehab and hospital stay for overdoses.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2011, 07:37 AM

913 posts, read 873,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2e1m5a View Post
Love that analogy!

they cannot see that the monster they have created and championed is about to come after them!

Old 11-03-2011, 10:17 AM

19,226 posts, read 15,330,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCCB View Post

We can see cancer patients needing the stuff, not recreational pot heads.
It is against the law to pursue non-sexual re-creation.

If caught, you will be handily disposed to the wreck room.

Old 11-03-2011, 11:22 AM

443 posts, read 601,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Legalize all the drugs if and only if drug testing is required for all welfare programs, and no free hospital care is provided to those who choose to destroy themselves with their drugs.

If we're going to go the libertarian route, you can't keep the welfare and food stamps flowing to the losers who prefer getting stoned and doped up to going to work. And allow the employers to ensure their employees aren't drugged. Don't make me pay for the rehab and hospital stay for overdoses.
again, Niave one, for the 4th time.

This thread is about pot not heroin.

Stuff like welfare, detroying themselves, going to hospitals, overdosing, etc are not part of this plant that this topic is about. Actually alchohol creates more hospitalizations than pot. I doubt you will find a case where somebody went to the hospital over pot. But I remember in college the amount of alcohol poisoning was insane.

Again, naive one, you make no sense. You just babble to hear yourself babble about something you have no babbling idea about.

Old 11-03-2011, 11:36 AM

11,998 posts, read 12,944,919 times
Mmmm...wonder why The American Mainstream Media isn't reporting on our epidemic problem with LEGAL DRUGS?

BBC News - Abuse of painkillers reaches 'epidemic' levels in US

Old 11-03-2011, 11:48 AM

443 posts, read 601,089 times
Quote:
Mmmm...wonder why The American Mainstream Media isn't reporting on our epidemic problem with LEGAL DRUGS?

Vangaurd has many good stories about it.

Old 11-03-2011, 11:49 AM

588 posts, read 1,015,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCCB View Post
My own mother went into prisons as a minister and most all the violent offenders that hurt and killed people were also major pot users.
That is the classic, well known, and well debunked "gateway drug" theory. I bet they all drank milk when they were babies too. Does that mean milk should be illegal too? I mean, look at them now, after all that milk! Degenerates! Murderers!

You can clearly tell who has any idea at all what they are talking about in this thread, and who does not.

Old 11-03-2011, 12:36 PM

913 posts, read 873,127 times
Quote:

anytime i read the words crisis or epidemic in the papers, my bs detectors go into overdrive. those words and news articles pointing out these crises are normally the precurser to legislation inhibiting our civil liberties. i think of all the scares in my lifetime the only real one was the aids epidemic, which they did close to bugger all about! the rest, swine flu, bird flu, mad cows, terrorism, drug epidemic, obesity, lead barbie dolls/lead toys, y2k, saddam hussein, gaddafi, you name it, all bs or heavily overblown.

sorry to go off on a tangent, but the is no legal drug epidemic and believe me the media isn't ignoring it, they've been on this one for years. people abuse legal drugs, alcohol, illegal drugs, food, speed limits etc etc most are grown ups or have parents who are grown ups. i have my hands for with the fruit of my loins, what other people do to themselves or what their kids do is their business, not mine and not the govts

Old 11-03-2011, 01:13 PM

2,514 posts, read 1,988,168 times
Say no to drugs. Give the individual person the choice. Let each say no or yes as they see fit.

Old 11-03-2011, 01:15 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,330,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newonecoming2 View Post
Say no to drugs. Give the individual person the choice. Let each say no or yes as they see fit.
Yes!

A person has the right to refuse to partake.

Same goes for vaccines.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies