Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2011, 07:38 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,326,750 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
Say NO to drugs.
The reason that pot is illegal in every country on the planet is because it makes people immune to psycho-social manipulation.

That is something Government and Religion agree on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2011, 07:40 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,228,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
Say NO to drugs.
I'm trying, but my Dr insists on prescribing drugs for me.

Old 10-31-2011, 08:01 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,956,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Upton View Post
Check it out..Nancy Reagan is here!
Might be interested in this;

https://wwws.whitehouse.gov/petition...zing-marijuana

Quote:
When the President took office, he directed all of his policymakers to develop policies based on science and research, not ideology or politics. So our concern about marijuana is based on what the science tells us about the drug's effects.
The "science" said this before your campaign, before you vowed to not go after MM in this country.

He's a liar and a hypocrite.

This petition got over 75,000 signatures.

All well and good about legalizing pot, but MM should be off limits.

Old 10-31-2011, 08:30 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,539,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post
Just legalize it and treat it like alcohol. Enjoy the plant responsibly and be safe.
Exactly!

Old 10-31-2011, 08:33 PM

1,147 posts, read 909,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruxan View Post
Field Notes - Support for legalizing pot hits all-time high

are people finally coming to their senses..

just legalize it and be done with it for heavens sake!!
That's just a hilarious pun.

Anyway, I have no use for the stuff but I'd LOVE to see it legalized. The job market might improve.

Old 10-31-2011, 08:36 PM

7,374 posts, read 8,763,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
i think legalization is close to being a done deal. What better way to deal with people facing chronic lack of jobs, lack of opportunity, the ending of the american dream but to let them soothe themselves and numb their minds with every sort of drug.

Once addicted to meth, heroin and other such drugs, who will care or notice that they're being foreclosed on and losing their home, just another hit of their drug of choice and it's nirvana time again.

A very drugged society is a very easy society to control.
Soma!

Still youre missing one big point, mj lends to creative thinking and inner reflection ... It is not on the same page as the other drugs.

Old 10-31-2011, 08:38 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,539,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
And so the results from regulating the heck out of alcohol and cigarettes show how legalizing won't work?
Think of all the money that would be saved not having pot heads in jail. We could then save the space for real criminals.

I haven't smoked pot in more decades than I want to count now but I really don't see why it isn't legal. I don't drink but don't have a problem with alcohol being legal.

Old 10-31-2011, 08:42 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,716,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Had2SaySumthin View Post
That's just a hilarious pun.

Anyway, I have no use for the stuff but I'd LOVE to see it legalized. The job market might improve.
It won't help the job market but it will help people not care if they have a job.

I suspect every sort of drug will be legalized soon because a drugged population is the most complacent population. Just give the unemployed some pot to smoke and a few food stamps for when they get the munchies, they'll be feeling no pain in no time, they won't care when the bank forecloses on them or when they can't get a job because they can't pass the drug test.

Old 10-31-2011, 11:12 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,228,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
It won't help the job market but it will help people not care if they have a job.

I suspect every sort of drug will be legalized soon because a drugged population is the most complacent population. Just give the unemployed some pot to smoke and a few food stamps for when they get the munchies, they'll be feeling no pain in no time, they won't care when the bank forecloses on them or when they can't get a job because they can't pass the drug test.
Everyone who wants to use pot now can do so. Legalization it isn't going to turn us into a nation of idiots. We do a good job of that while being clean and sober.

Old 11-01-2011, 01:05 AM

298 posts, read 389,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
Everyone who wants to use pot now can do so. Legalization it isn't going to turn us into a nation of idiots. We do a good job of that while being clean and sober.
I agree. I'm high now
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies