Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2011, 12:58 PM

15,896 posts, read 11,996,826 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DentalFloss View Post
See, your problem is that you assume all pot users act like this. Nothing could be further from the truth.

I'm an occasional (1-2x/month) user.

I have a white collar job that, on occasion requires me to put on a suit and present stuff to a room full of important people. I generally arrive at work around 7:45 AM, and leave sometime after 5. I've taken one sick day all year, and I was genuinely sick. I have never imbibed at, or during working hours.

If you saw or knew me in the real world, based on your prejudices, you'd assume I was not a pot user. And you'd be wrong.

And guess what? I know many, many, many people who meet the description above. I don't mean hypothetical people, I mean people personally known to me.

Your assumptions about the behavior and habits of pot smokers only apply to a small percentage.

Sorry.

I also do not believe in working under the influence. I wouldn't show up stoned anymore than I would show up drunk.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2011, 12:58 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,403,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
I surprised your employer doesn't do pre-employment drug testing. Many of the higher paying jobs drug test because they really don't want a bunch of stoner employees.

The difference between a beer is that the alcohol in beer is completely metabolized and out of the system in a couple hours, but the drugs in pot remain in the system become stored in the fat cells and brains and that "oh wow" effect hangs on for a long time.
My employer, and many other highly technical fields would have to fire half of their work force. We are a no use company, and drug testing is done if you're in a bad accident or something. But the last guy who got caught was years back, and they just sent him to rehab.

Marijuanas psychoactive substances are disolved from the system within a few hours.

A drug test, urine, is viable for 30 days because of other fat soluable materials within the plant. It tests your urine for those fat deposits, and if found it flags them.

A low tolerance user can stay high for as long as 8 hours, depending on quality. Most regular users, mostly folks with a medical need like myself, who smoke daily only stay high for an hour or so. But besides that, I would never get high at work, it would be like getting drunk at work.

If you knew anything about the effects of alcohol on the body, you'd understand the difference. Alcohol is a poison. The reason it makes you feel good for a short time is because its literally poisoning parts of your brain. You drink to much, your core brain functions shut down, and you die from alcohol poisoning.

No one, ever, has died from a THC overdose, ever.

You should really try and learn more about these things before you blindly follow government dogma.

Old 11-01-2011, 01:01 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,403,011 times
Quote:
And the fact that kids can show up to class stoned and still get 4.0 gpa's is more a factor of dumbing down the schools.

I went to college and the potheads didn't tend to do too well, often they were still too stoned to show up to class but some did do okay gradewise, they're still not working in good jobs however. They still lay around all day toking up, staring into space, forgetting if they ate lunch an hour ago or not. They shouldn't mind if they get Alzheimers someday because it will save them a lot of money and be basically the same thing as being stoned all the time.
You can't attack my average, so you attack the education.

How old are you? If you're over 40, I guarantee you I learned more by the time I was in middle school then you did through high school.

I aced phyiscs, trig, and English 102. Everything else was easy.

Old 11-01-2011, 01:42 PM

7,374 posts, read 8,765,563 times
Quote:
The fact that there are so many meth tweakers and pot heads might be one reason our economy is doing a nose dive. People become a lot more complacent when fed their drugs, they become much easier for a government to control and destroy.

Why else are people so content to sit by and watch Obama expand NAFTA and bring in more foreigners to work here while millions of Americans go on unemployed.

A little more pot, meth, heroin, cocaine, pcp and everyone will feel much happier.
Dude, you live in a puritanical fantasy world ... Your idealism and naivety are cute but they're also scary ... (like one of those little kid ghosts in a bad Asian horror movie)

I have a few questions for you ...

First, have you ever smoked pot and have you ever been a "pot head"?

Do you know ANYTHING about the economy? The war on drugs makes the economy worse, it is very expensive ... and guess what else, it obviously isn't freakin' working.

And just who do you think the war on drugs is really on? On the cartels in Mexico? How often do you see them stand trial or in prison or having their heads put on a spike?

The war on drugs is a war on our brothers and sisters and on our children and on the lower income class and on minorities, that's who!

I have been a "pot head" all of my life and i own my own business and i have two vehicles and i travel extensively for work.

I can smoke pot all day, and i will function completely normal, even better than normal because i don't get frustrated or stressed out as easily(my job is extremely tedious and meticulous, and physically demanding as well) ...

I tell you what i cant do, i cant work while im drinking, neither can i work well while being hung over after a night of drinking.

Quote:
"Make the most you can of the Indian Hemp seed and sow it everywhere."
- George Washington, U.S. President

"Hemp is of first necessity to the wealth & protection of the country."
- Thomas Jefferson, U.S. President

"We shall, by and by, want a world of hemp more for our own consumption."
- John Adams, U.S. President quote on Hemp

"Why use up the forests which were centuries in the making and the mines which required ages to lay down, if we can get the equivalent of forest and mineral products in the annual growth of the hemp fields?"
- Henry Ford quote on Marijuana

"The prestige of government has undoubtedly been lowered considerably by the prohibition law. For nothing is more destructive of respect for the government and the law of the land than passing laws which cannot be enforced. It is an open secret that the dangerous increase of crime in this country is closely connected with this."
- Albert Einstein

"Even if one takes every reefer madness allegation of the prohibitionists at face value, marijuana prohibition has done far more harm to far more people than marijuana ever could."
- William F. Buckley Jr.

"It really puzzles me to see marijuana connected with narcotics . . . dope and all that crap. It's a thousand times better than whiskey - it's an assistant - a friend."
- Louis Armstrong

"The illegality of cannabis is outrageous, an impediment to full utilization of a drug which helps produce the serenity and insight, sensitivity and fellowship so desperately needed in this increasingly mad and dangerous world."
- Carl Sagan
And for anyone interested, here is a link to Sagan's essay on MJ ...

Carl Sagan's essay on marijuana - Grasscity.com Forums

Last edited by Ironmaw1776; 11-01-2011 at 02:18 PM..

Old 11-01-2011, 06:59 PM

24,511 posts, read 33,328,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DentalFloss View Post
That is, of course, your right to do so.

From where to you obtain the moral authority to tell me I must do the same, under penalty of law?
It has nothing to do with "moral authority," it's just plain common sense.

Old 11-01-2011, 07:29 PM

2,677 posts, read 2,618,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
So common sense dictates you have the right to tell me what I can and cannot put into my own body.

I see.

Old 11-01-2011, 07:47 PM

6,864 posts, read 12,085,192 times
I wonder if liberals would have made a big stink if the Cain aide smoking a tobbaco product that is still legal that you can purchase in millions of retail outlets instead was smoking marijuana and said 'I have medical authorization to smoke this joint. I have pain in a toenail of my right foot.'

Old 11-01-2011, 07:49 PM

13,900 posts, read 9,778,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by d4g4m View Post
I wonder if liberals would have made a big stink if the Cain aide smoking a tobbaco product that is still legal that you can purchase in millions of retail outlets instead was smoking marijuana and said 'I have medical authorization to smoke this joint. I have pain in a toenail of my right foot.'
You would have to be high to run Cain's campaign. The stress would be overwhelming.

Old 11-01-2011, 07:56 PM

13,621 posts, read 12,738,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
My employer, and many other highly technical fields would have to fire half of their work force. We are a no use company, and drug testing is done if you're in a bad accident or something. But the last guy who got caught was years back, and they just sent him to rehab.

Marijuanas psychoactive substances are disolved from the system within a few hours.

A drug test, urine, is viable for 30 days because of other fat soluable materials within the plant. It tests your urine for those fat deposits, and if found it flags them.

A low tolerance user can stay high for as long as 8 hours, depending on quality. Most regular users, mostly folks with a medical need like myself, who smoke daily only stay high for an hour or so. But besides that, I would never get high at work, it would be like getting drunk at work.

If you knew anything about the effects of alcohol on the body, you'd understand the difference. Alcohol is a poison. The reason it makes you feel good for a short time is because its literally poisoning parts of your brain. You drink to much, your core brain functions shut down, and you die from alcohol poisoning.

No one, ever, has died from a THC overdose, ever.

You should really try and learn more about these things before you blindly follow government dogma.

lool!!! alcohol is pure poision compared to mj, most people have been brainwashed about mj.. if a person smokes a bone today, he or she will wake up the next day with no side effects. where as alcohol is a whole nother ball game.. i know i've done both.!! not once in my life did i ever have a hangover from smoking a bone, but if i go out for a night of drinking rum n cokes i'm a walking hungover zombie the next day

i haven't even had a beer in almost 3 years, i'm what you would consider a non drinker now.. but definitely partake in a few bones a week.. i know a good bit of people that have totally given up drinking and switched to smoking mj insted, and are better people for it.

big pharma and big booze is the main reason pot is not legal.. it would hit their bottom line really hard

Old 11-02-2011, 02:48 AM

913 posts, read 873,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post

and you're just another big government crony wanting to stick your nose where it doesn't belong!

"The plans differ; the planners are all alike" -Frederic Bastiat
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies