Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2011, 10:28 AM

8,732 posts, read 6,782,122 times

Advertisements

If we are discussing people invading other peoples airspace, what do I do when I am subjected to a woman or man who is wearing cologne that is extremely overpowering or smells down right nasty and cheap??? It actually makes me gag and my stomach flips.

Old 10-21-2011, 10:40 AM

9,855 posts, read 15,205,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post
If we are discussing people invading other peoples airspace, what do I do when I am subjected to a woman or man who is wearing cologne that is extremely overpowering or smells down right nasty and cheap??? It actually makes me gag and my stomach flips.
I am pretty sure no one has ever caught lung cancer from smelling cologne

Old 10-21-2011, 10:40 AM

6,793 posts, read 5,662,429 times
I don't have a problem with Smokers or non-Smokers. I have a problem with RUDE People and have found that they exist in both categories!

Old 10-21-2011, 10:41 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,988,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mco65 View Post
I don't have a problem with Smokers or non-Smokers. I have a problem with RUDE People and have found that they exist in both categories!

And there it is folks! Jordan fades back..... SWISH! AND THAT'S THE BALLGAME!!!!!!!!!

Old 10-21-2011, 03:59 PM

488 posts, read 554,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by egamakaded idiut View Post
Since roughly 80% of the adult population does not smoke, smokers are a decided minority. I always tell non-smokers there will come a day when something you do the vast majority of people don't do or like including me and you'll need me to stand up in defense of you.
If a business chooses to allow smoking or not makes no difference to me. I don't smoke, but I don't go pissing my pants if some cigarette smoke happens to waft my direction. Take bars, for example. I truly don't understand why people throw so much of a fit about smoking at bars. It's always been my impression that drinking and smoking go together, so I would expect there to be smoke at a bar. If I were in the mood to drink and not be surrounded by it I can always buy a six pack of swill and bring it back to my place.

Public places, like parks, is a different matter. I think there smokers should take care to be considerate of others around them. Don't plop your butt down next to a group of people and light up before asking them if it's okay. Non smokers should give the same courtesy. If you see somebody smoking by a bench, don't go and sit on that bench and commence to complaining about the smoke. Sounds easy enough to me.

Old 10-21-2011, 04:12 PM

6,795 posts, read 7,288,689 times
Smokers have a right to smoke, but that right ends where my nose begins.

Old 10-21-2011, 04:21 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,474,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by egamakaded idiut View Post
Since roughly 80% of the adult population does not smoke, smokers are a decided minority. I always tell non-smokers there will come a day when something you do the vast majority of people don't do or like including me and you'll need me to stand up in defense of you.
Do you have an example?

Old 10-21-2011, 04:48 PM

1,595 posts, read 2,764,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
people smoke for the most part because they have to, not because they want to. we have the liberty to smoke if we want. should non smokers have to breathe it in, no.
Come again

Do you mean they have to because they are addicted, is that it? I think that is why they want to not because they have to. Yes non smokers should not have to breathe it.

To the OP, I think only in that they aren't given a decent designated place to smoke, away from non smokers, passersby. Something like a small bus and smoking enclosurse. I think this would be beneficial to both smokers and non smokers. Of course I think what would most benefit both over this ideas would be to help get them started on a program to quit smoking.

Old 10-21-2011, 04:57 PM

6,137 posts, read 4,861,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Some people are just so full of themselves that they look for afffermation of their stance on an issue as some sort of moral superiority. This is particularly true with some non-smokers. I find their pretentiouness far more offensive than a wiff of smoke. (smug alert)
Amen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jowel View Post
What is irritating to me in some work environments is the that smokers seem to think that they should have a cigarette break for 10-15 minutes an hour, every hour while their coworkers are picking up their slack.

Old 10-21-2011, 05:07 PM

13,005 posts, read 18,908,288 times
They are not imprisoned for their habit but are restricted to where they can do it. And they are heavily taxed for it. By contrast, gamblers are encouraged to practice their habit and given more places to do it every year.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies