Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2011, 12:23 PM

7,474 posts, read 22,884,016 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
Well sounds like they will have to plead their case to God. That is between him and them. Good luck with that.
Boy are you going to be in for a rude awakening when you die...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2011, 12:35 PM

6,369 posts, read 6,410,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donn2390 View Post
Boy are you going to be in for a rude awakening when you die...
When you die, if they give you a choice between regular heaven and pie heaven, choose pie heaven. It might be a trick, but if not, oh boy!

Jack Handy, Book 1, verse 37.

Old 10-31-2011, 12:37 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,939,504 times
Quote:
From the New Testament.

"Again I tell you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God."

Now I don't know what God considers Rich, but I am sure that he could find them in the top 1%.
Pathetic troll attempt really.

Old 10-31-2011, 12:55 PM

30,065 posts, read 18,670,668 times
Quote:
From the New Testament.

"Again I tell you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God."

Now I don't know what God considers Rich, but I am sure that he could find them in the top 1%.

Why do liberals quote the Bible, when most of them are atheists and don't believe in what the Bible says anyway?

Here are a few Biblical passages to ponder which suggest that people should get off thier butts and work and not rely upon the government for thier existence.
  • 15 Slothfulness casteth into a deep sleep; and an idle soul shall suffer hunger.
Proverbs 19:15
  • 10 For even when we were with you, this we commanded you, that if any would not work, neither should he eat.
    12 Now them that are such we command and exhort by our Lord Jesus Christ, that with quietness they work, and eat their own bread.
Thessalonians 3:10
  • 28 Let him that stole steal no more: but rather let him labour, working with his hands the thing which is good, that he may have to give to him that needeth.
Ephesians 4:28
  • 8 But if any provide not for his own, and specially for those of his own house, he hath denied the faith, and is worse than an infidel.
1 Timothy 5:8

Last edited by hawkeye2009; 10-31-2011 at 01:51 PM..

Old 10-31-2011, 12:57 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,939,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Why do liberals quote the Bible, when most of them are atheists and don't believe in what the Bible says anyway?
To illustrate the definition of hypocrisy.

Old 10-31-2011, 01:01 PM

6,369 posts, read 6,410,222 times
Quote:
From the New Testament.

The latest translation reveals faulty work in earlier versions. The Aramaic word for "thread" was the author's intent, but it came out as "camel" in earlier translations.

As anybody knows, it is sometimes difficult but by no means impossible to put thread through the eye of a needle.

Old 10-31-2011, 01:07 PM

78,432 posts, read 60,613,724 times
I'm thinking how hard it would be to get Oprah through the eye of the needle.

Then again, she isn't a 1%er because she is exempt due to political leanings.

After all, 1% will be the rally cry for the 2012 election because it's catchy and convenient. It has taken the place of the anti-war movement and it too will go away after it has served its purpose.

Old 10-31-2011, 01:35 PM

12,436 posts, read 11,950,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whatyousay View Post
Thanks for the crack addict name-calling. Really mature.

Once again, that is YOUR interpretation of the texts. This quote is often abused by liberals to further their causes, whatever they may be.

- Render unto Caesar what is Caesar’s and to God what is God’s | Xenia Citizen Journal
So go ahead and cite whatever sources you want to back up your claim. There are equal numbers of sources that disagree. You cannot PROVE an opinion of an interpretation of text written 2,000 years ago.
You may want to consider using a source that does not use words like liberals and conservatives. That is obviously is a biased interpretation pandering to either side. This a source that uses neither, at least I did not see any.

The Bible Speaks On Taxation (Tribute)

Old 10-31-2011, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcopolo View Post
The latest translation reveals faulty work in earlier versions. The Aramaic word for "thread" was the author's intent, but it came out as "camel" in earlier translations.

As anybody knows, it is sometimes difficult but by no means impossible to put thread through the eye of a needle.
Now that is funny. What lengths some will go to avoid the truth.

Old 10-31-2011, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdavid002 View Post
Next time you are in a hospital, look at the sign on the wing you are standing in, chances are there is a dedication plaque with some rich guys name on it. Before you demonize the rich, do your homework. Many universities, hospitals, and other institutions dedicated to the public good could not survive, or would not exist if it weren't for benefactors. So unless you can pony up the money to do what rich people do, I would suggest you stop whining and get a job.
Maybe before you comment about a thread about how Jesus feels about rich people you should read the bible so that you can have a little understanding of how far off you are. True, that certainly Hospitals and other fine institutions may value the donations of the rich more than the poor, but that is not true with God, which of course is what this thread is all about.

Your post reminds me of Mark 12:41-44

Jesus sat down opposite the place where the offerings were put and watched the crowd putting their money into the temple treasury. Many rich people threw in large amounts. But a poor widow came and put in two very small copper coins, worth only a few cents.

Calling his disciples to him, Jesus said, “Truly I tell you, this poor widow has put more into the treasury than all the others. They all gave out of their wealth; but she, out of her poverty, put in everything—all she had to live on.”

The point being that while you and many others idolize the wealthy, God does not. How big of a sacrifice is made when a person that has billions gives 5 million to a hospital that it tax deductible. Compare that to an old lady who works for free at the hospital because she has no money to give. Who has made the bigger sacrifice. Your worship of the rich is misplaced.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies