Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-01-2011, 08:50 PM

9,949 posts, read 8,856,185 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Factsplease View Post
See this is the problem, not the "harranguing" that Ann Coulter is referring to. This statement is insulting and condescending toward blacks in general. I am a self-reliant black and there are many others JUST like me. Most people that are dependent on the government don't even bother to vote. I vote Democrat for many of the same reasons that Democrats of other races do. Why is it that other races have reasons to vote the way that do, but you basically refer to blacks as mental slaves? Why does this not apply to Jews or White democrats? Also, I could say the same about the poor southern whites in some states who consistently vote Republican.

By making statements like this, you are insinuating that black Democrats are uninformed, ignorant voters which is rude and a complete turn off. No matter how many times right-wingers are told this, they don't get it. This is why it isn't going to change soon. Perhaps if you had enough respect for people to speak to them as if they are on your level rather than making the assumption that they are too stupid to think for themselves, they may listen to your side, that is if you really have one.

Most of the black Conservatives that I speak with are single issue voters who vote they way that they do because of things like abortion or gay marriage. This has nothing to do with getting off a plantation or being self-reliant. This is is driven by the false impression that Republicans will overturn R V. Wade and religion. That is simple and uninformed. Not to say all black Republicans think alike, just basing that statement on my experience and conversations.
I'm not insinuating anything, I'm saying it in very simple terms that pretty much anyone should be able to understand.

Blacks who vote for Democrats are uninformed, ignorant voters on par with battered wives who defend and still love their abusive husbands.

Old 11-01-2011, 08:58 PM

4,050 posts, read 3,961,201 times
Quote:
I'm not insinuating anything, I'm saying it in very simple terms that pretty much anyone should be able to understand.

Blacks who vote for Democrats are uninformed, ignorant voters on par with battered wives who defend and still love their abusive husbands.
And white Republicans/Conservatives are ignorant and bigoted voters who believe that anyone who decides an issue for themselves and that conflicts with the viewpoint of conservatives is "uninformed".

They harbor this entitlement that other groups of people should "belong" to them, such as Coulter's remarks substantiate.

The Conservative treatment of politics that affect any member of people not white, is a testament to the ideology they can not divorce themselves from.

Old 11-01-2011, 08:59 PM

1,610 posts, read 1,783,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
Conservative blacks are a lot smarter and more self reliant than liberal blacks who vote Democrat like they have no other choice. This is nothing new in the US and it isn't going to change soon because of the plantation mentality a lot of Democrats have towards "their" black voters. Liberals have cultivated generations of Gimmegrants across this country, they aren't going to vote for anyone who wants to eliminate the wasted tax dollars that Dems funnel to them.

Just look at how liberals treat conservative blacks, they're trained to attack anyone who threatens their handouts on command like caged zoo animals.
Hogwash.....

Educated blacks are more racially aware than black conservatives and are more educated as a whole. A lot of ghetto blacks vote dem but not all of them and educated blacks tend to believe more in racism or more specific corporate racism and vote mostly dem.

Conservative blacks who're educated and far and few compared to educated black libs.

Please refer to cains comments on planned parenthood Nd tell me if a black conservative would really say that?

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Old 11-01-2011, 09:00 PM

1,568 posts, read 1,552,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stick2dascript View Post
Hogwash.....

Educated blacks are more racially aware than black conservatives and are more educated as a whole. A lot of ghetto blacks vote dem but not all of them and educated blacks tend to believe more in racism or more specific corporate racism and vote mostly dem.

Conservative blacks who're educated and far and few compared to educated black libs.

Please refer to cains comments on planned parenthood Nd tell me if a black conservative would really say that?

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
Can you source that?

Old 11-01-2011, 10:04 PM

37,138 posts, read 42,234,436 times
Quote:
Quote:
Just black people or anyone who ever votes for someone with a (D) after their name? Just wondering how far the stupidity goes. Your posts, not the voters.

Old 11-01-2011, 11:34 PM

7,639 posts, read 18,131,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
I love it when these people allow their racism to bubble up in the course of their irrational banter about politics. I wonder if she knows how offensive such a statement sounds? Of course, she probably does not, as being offensive is the only way she can keep her name in the headlines.

Ann Coulter On Herman Cain: 'Our Blacks Are So Much Better Than Their Blacks' (VIDEO)
Conservative whites are so much better than liberal whites. Conservative whites are hardworking, flag-waving, minuteman-joining, megachurch-attending, Suburban-driving, wholesome country music-listening whites while liberal whites are nothing but a bunch of sushi-eating, humanities degree-holding, NPR-listening, MSNBC-watching, vegan, hipsters, commie pinkos.

Old 11-02-2011, 01:22 AM

18,258 posts, read 22,541,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post

Poor and working-class Whites who vote for Republicans are uninformed, ignorant voters on par with battered wives who defend and still love their abusive, racist, sadistic husbands.

Old 11-02-2011, 02:25 AM

9,141 posts, read 5,807,618 times
Everything she says is meant to be provocative.
It sounded to me like, "Our team is better than your team."
Find something new to get upset about.

Old 11-02-2011, 02:45 AM

2,553 posts, read 2,437,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aganusn View Post
She made a character observation based upon race.
That's not the case though with the comment she made. She's comparing members of both parties that are black and the character observation she's making about them is based on their political preference....not their race. The two groups she's talking about are all the same race.

I didn't watch the clip on Huffington Post (I did read it though) but, I did catch the entire conversation the other day when she was on FOX with Hannity. I'm not sure how or if the video is edited but, what I read at Huffington, jumps all over the place and is being taken out of context. Had I not heard the entire conversation myself from beginning to end and only read about the comment she made her online, I would not have understood the point she was trying to make and I would be agreeing with what the OP wrote.

Old 11-02-2011, 04:52 AM

14,483 posts, read 11,289,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mackinac81 View Post
"our blacks"? I didn't know that conservatives and liberals posessed any blacks. I thought we took care of that in the 1860s. And Republicans truly don't understand why most black people don't vote for them. Incredible.
E'tu Mackinac? Try to be reasonable here. Her talk is akin to one team talking smack about another team. You know, like our pitchers are better than your pitchers? Our Quarterback is better than your's.

I can believe how far off the deep end you people have gone. And you an educator.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies