Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who is behind leaking the sexual harassment scandal?
Perry 24 45.28%
Rove/Romney 10 18.87%
Another GOP candidate 3 5.66%
Obama 4 7.55%
"The liberals" 6 11.32%
Other 6 11.32%
Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2011, 05:59 AM

4,100 posts, read 4,518,405 times

Advertisements

It's Perry.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2011, 06:18 AM

23,990 posts, read 15,091,790 times
The first time I became aware of Karl Rove was during a Texas Governor's race more than 30 years ago. He will always be charming. His use of the fine art of urban rumor and well placed dirty tricks is the best I've ever seen. Cain will never be able to prove a thing. I would not believe Karl Rove even if he confessed. He's bound to be working an angle.

Perry did it.

Old 11-03-2011, 06:19 AM

1,020 posts, read 1,377,877 times
What is insidious about this whole thing is the underlying theme of "oversexed black men" dog whistle to Southerners. This was tried to an extent with Obama, in a somewhat subtle way. The next "reveal" will be the race of the female accusers. This plays to the deepest fears of a certain element of our population. My guess is the Perry camp understands this dynamic best & is likely behind it.

Old 11-03-2011, 07:45 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,889,770 times
I don't think it matters who leaked it. Two women did accuse him of sexual harassment. A settlement was made. We don't know the details, and even if we knew the women's version of what happened, so what? It's still he-said-she-said. Supporters of Cain will believe Cain, some people won't make a decision on who to believe because the don't care enough, or because the story is old, some people will believe the women. If the leak was non-factual, then it would be a smear, and who leaked it would be important. But Politico gave Cain's campaign 10-days advance warning that this story was going to break, he had time to prepare a statement, and then to get on with his campaign. There is an element of paranoia in the Cain campaign's desire to find out who leaked the story. And that ain't good.

Old 11-03-2011, 07:56 AM

12,373 posts, read 13,197,819 times
I've maintained from the beginning that this story has the stench of Karl Rove all over it and I'm stickin' with that!

Old 11-03-2011, 08:17 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,155,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
Appears to be Perry's camp. I guess Cain's fans can no longer blame liberals for it. For shame.
You got it!

The Democrats don't have to do anything....just sit back and watch the implosion of nasty nasty nasty repug politics...

Old 11-03-2011, 08:22 AM

19,792 posts, read 13,954,445 times
"Who Do You Think Is Responsible For Leaking The Cain Sexual Harassment Scandal?"

Who cares? The Sexual Harassment Settlement is a matter of fact. It happened. It doesn't matter who was reporting something that was a fact. That's what reporters are supposed to do -- and that's what political competitors do -- bring negative information about their opponents to the press.

Old 11-03-2011, 08:28 AM

2,213 posts, read 2,845,701 times
It's nobody's fault. The man is running for President of the United States, of course everything of this nature will inevitably come up. I don't know how the Cain campaign could have a) not known this would come up and b) thought they could deny it and it would go away.

Secondly, it's a perfectly legitimate story. It's not even an attack. He was accused of sexual harassment. A cash settlement was made. Whether or not the allegations were proven doesn't mean it's not a legitimate story that he was accused.

If Cain had said from the beginning that yes, he was accused but no, he didn't do anything bad, the story would be news for a day and then die out.

Old 11-03-2011, 08:36 AM

587 posts, read 1,135,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notasmoker View Post
What is insidious about this whole thing is the underlying theme of "oversexed black men" dog whistle to Southerners. This was tried to an extent with Obama, in a somewhat subtle way. The next "reveal" will be the race of the female accusers. This plays to the deepest fears of a certain element of our population. My guess is the Perry camp understands this dynamic best & is likely behind it.
I totally agree with you...I mentioned this on another CD post yesterday....and Mr ABC (American Black Conservative) Herman Cain said that racism doesnt exist anymore.......he always talks about the "black experience" and he is getting treated to just a portion of the in house/home grown conservative attack that will eventually be his downfall....

hook..line....sinker.....

Old 11-03-2011, 08:47 AM

29,981 posts, read 42,944,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
Appears to be Perry's camp. I guess Cain's fans can no longer blame liberals for it. For shame.
Politico is suddenly a conservative website? Seems there are multiple players but the faulty poll doesn't allow multiple answers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies