Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-05-2011, 12:00 AM

12,669 posts, read 20,445,519 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingKrab View Post
Intellectually gifted people would not post on City-data.com. Period.
And this opinion is derived from what information?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2011, 12:01 AM

12,669 posts, read 20,445,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pommysmommy View Post
The cheaters are the minority but they rob medicare and medicaid of millions. I am the appointed compliance officer at my job. I have rejected many CMNS for durable medical equipment that were generated by home health agencies and never approved by the doctor. The DME companies send the requests hoping that the doctors will blindly sign. My favorite was for a vacuum erection device for a 90 year old patient who also needed incontinence supplies.

Old 11-05-2011, 12:03 AM

9,855 posts, read 10,412,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miborn View Post
I know, I am still shaking my head on that one.

Old 11-05-2011, 12:06 AM

2,674 posts, read 4,393,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post
I guess many make it up through Medicare/Medicaid fraud, otherwise how would you account for $60 billion fraud in the medical industry that the government is fully aware of?

The insurance companies do not work with the insured. In my file (medical clinic) I saw a bill that was submitted to my insurance carrier that was padded. I called the carrier and asked for a copy of the bill the doctor submitted be sent to me, or at least tell me the charges over the phone. I was told they could not provide me with that information as it would violate the doctors privacy. This wasn't a Medicare/Medicaid claim, it was private insurance.
Actually fewer docs are accepting medicare these days...

You make it seem like docs and carriers are in bed together- it quite the opposite.

How did you know the bill was padded (and I'm not saying it was or wasn't)

But there's the submitted charges and what's actually reimbursed. Two different things.

Private insurance- you can definitely as for an itemized list of charges- Keep in mind that depending on what it was for- say a facelift- there's charges from the doc, anesthesia, the facility, labs...

Some docs are snots, few are dirty. Alot are just guys/gals that spent their 20's in crummy hospitals, now doing their best to take care of their patients in an increasingly hostile environment.

Old 11-05-2011, 12:07 AM

8,732 posts, read 6,781,353 times
Quote:
The cheaters are the minority but they rob medicare and medicaid of millions. I am the appointed compliance officer at my job. I have rejected many CMNS for durable medical equipment that were generated by home health agencies and never approved by the doctor. The DME companies send the requests hoping that the doctors will blindly sign. My favorite was for a vacuum erection device for a 90 year old patient who also needed incontinence supplies.
The minority?? $60 billion a year?? That's alot of minority.

Old 11-05-2011, 12:09 AM

28,115 posts, read 63,666,290 times
Quote:
Thank God not every doctor feels that way. Doctors create jobs. I am glad I am close to retirement age because I see the trend is to force doctors out of private practice.
I would say it is not too far from the truth...

I do not know a single physician that has encouraged their children to follow in their footsteps... no one, at least in the last 25 years.

That has to say something about where the profession is headed.

So many of the young Docs are foreign born... many are excellent at what they do.

Being in any business with employees is a tremendous undertaking and then add the complexities of one that is so highly regulated as the practice of medicine and you get the picture.

A single physician typically has at least 4 employees... you need a biller, scheduler, two medical assistants plus additional staff to cover for vacations, illness and medical leave... on Doc was so frustrated because for the last 6 years he always had an employee out on maternity leave... one employee was 3 weeks on jury duty...

Old 11-05-2011, 12:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyDay View Post
Actually fewer docs are accepting medicare these days...

You make it seem like docs and carriers are in bed together- it quite the opposite.

How did you know the bill was padded (and I'm not saying it was or wasn't)

But there's the submitted charges and what's actually reimbursed. Two different things.

Private insurance- you can definitely as for an itemized list of charges- Keep in mind that depending on what it was for- say a facelift- there's charges from the doc, anesthesia, the facility, labs...

Some docs are snots, few are dirty. Alot are just guys/gals that spent their 20's in crummy hospitals, now doing their best to take care of their patients in an increasingly hostile environment.
It's not just "doctors". It's widespread across the medical field.

I know the bill was padded because the receptionist left my file open and I saw the bill.

Cosmetic surgery is NOT covered under any medical insurance or program.

Old 11-05-2011, 12:11 AM

9,855 posts, read 10,412,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post
The minority?? $60 billion a year?? That's alot of minority.
If you look at statistics, it is fraud related to durable medical equipment and physical therapy. That is not the majority of doctors.

Old 11-05-2011, 12:14 AM

Deleted: Duplicate post.

Old 11-05-2011, 12:15 AM

Quote:
If you look at statistics, it is fraud related to durable medical equipment and physical therapy. That is not the majority of doctors.
I said it was widespread across the medical field.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies