Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-04-2011, 10:25 PM

12,436 posts, read 11,950,438 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miborn View Post
I find this extremely difficult to believe I think you mean 55.00 for a Dr visit and a ear flush. Unless you could not wait and went to the ER.
Insurance did not pay for it. Take a look at the real bill the next time you go to the doctor.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2011, 10:26 PM

2,674 posts, read 4,394,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
Sure. $85 an hour and he gets under my car for an hour and does real work. Went to see a doctor. Flushed my ear for 10 minutes and I got a bill for $550.
It's more about how easily his services can be duplicated.

It takes 6 years to finish up ENT and that's after 4 years of med school.

Overlooking the fact that you can mess someone up if you do it wrong. Forbid there's a growth in your ear or something that needs follow-up.

Is $550 alot for 10 minutes, yes. But much like a ball player's skills in high demand, it's what the market will bear.

For the record, a good doc can pull a popped appendix out in about 6 minutes using a 10-blade and $6 worth of suture. This could save your life. How much is that worth? And is that considered 'real' work?

Last edited by GreyDay; 11-04-2011 at 10:35 PM..

Old 11-04-2011, 10:28 PM

9,855 posts, read 10,415,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coastalgirl View Post
He clearly doesn't care if it's legal or not. Did anyone else catch his post on the first page where he said he sold pot in HS and college to make all of his money?

$25 million my ass. I'm in the 99% who don't believe the OP.
He's a doctor who invested wisely. 25 million is not unbelieveable.

Old 11-04-2011, 10:29 PM

12,669 posts, read 20,449,229 times
Quote:
Insurance did not pay for it. Take a look at the real bill the next time you go to the doctor.
I don't have Dr's that over charge me for a ear wash there are no hidden fees from the Dr's I go to nor should there be in yours unless again you went to the ER and I could see 550 bill from them for that service

Old 11-04-2011, 10:30 PM

Quote:
Well you seemed to believe the OP before. He is a doctor and has 25 million and said that he makes 1.2 million a year. So now you don't believe him? Which is it?
I think most people would assume that the majority of the wealth came from investments and not earned income.

Old 11-04-2011, 10:32 PM

1,258 posts, read 2,312,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pommysmommy View Post
He's a doctor who invested wisely. 25 million is not unbelieveable.
Being this ignorant and utterly clueless to the 'real world' and believing the pretend talk-radio/Faux News world is unbelievable

Old 11-04-2011, 10:33 PM

44,259 posts, read 64,375,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAisGreat View Post
You might not be a troll like the OP, but you are definately very ignorant and exceptionally gullible.
You can't even spell definitely and you feel entitled cast aspersions upon my intelligence. Nice. Not even sure how or why I am supposed to be gullible. And, btw, if I'm so ignorant and you're so smart...how come you're not rich?

There's definitely a troll here, but it is not the op.

Old 11-04-2011, 10:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAisGreat View Post
Being this ignorant and utterly clueless to the 'real world' and believing the pretend talk-radio/Faux News world is unbelievable
I don't know why you assume I watch Fox News. I know many doctors who have diversified and are very wealthy.

Old 11-04-2011, 10:36 PM

12,436 posts, read 11,950,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyDay View Post
It's more about how easily his services can be duplicated.

It takes 6 years to finish up ENT and that's after 4 years of med school.

Overlooking the fact that you can mess someone up if you do it wrong. Forbid there's a growth in your ear or something that needs follow-up.

Is $550 alot for 10 minutes, yes. But much like a ball player's skills in high demand, it's what the market will bear.
Actually I can see why you would think that, but the market is artificially small. It is not a free market with open competition it is a closed market. Did you know in the last 20 years there has been 3 times as many law schools opened as Med schools. The Doctors and Medical associations have worked hard to limit the number of doctors that graduate from med school, they limit the supply of doctors to raise the cost for their services.

Almost all doctors that graduate from med school have a job waiting for them. Name me another profession that can say that. It is not capitalism or a market driven system.

Add to that the fact that most people, even if there was a price difference would not shop by price, why because their insurance company pays for it.

Old 11-04-2011, 10:37 PM

1,258 posts, read 2,312,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
You can't even spell definitely and you feel entitled cast aspersions upon my intelligence. Nice. Not even sure how or why I am supposed to be gullible. And, btw, if I'm so ignorant and you're so smart...how come you're not rich?

There's definitely a troll here, but it is not the op.
Aspirations?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies