Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-11-2011, 02:08 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,358,694 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Isn't America great!

You still have choices, here.
Well, at least as long as conservatives are kept from power.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2011, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinny Puppy View Post
I wouldn't know, I don't listen to either, but I don't listen to music for morals so it wouldn't matter one way or another.
Funny, I don't listen to politicians for morals, on either side of the aisle.

Old 11-11-2011, 02:11 PM

2,010 posts, read 2,371,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Having grown up with country music via my parents and having listened pretty much every possible type of music....I really appreciated that laugh. I especially liked the great country hit of years back where they murder a gals abusive husband....wholesome country music lol.

I give you rap, some of it....but perhaps open your mind.

http://www.lyricsdomain.com/3/coolio..._paradise.html
Here, since you didn't comprehend it the first time:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpleMan
Whether you like country music or not, with little to no exceptions, it has an exceptionally more positive moral message that rap and most other kinds of music.
My bad for leaving room for error. There are a few exceptions, both negative country and positive rap, but very few. Hardly worth mentioning, but I should have known someone would. By the way, the song about "some gals murdering an abusive husband", was "Goodbye Earl" by the Dixie chicks. You know, the Dixie chicks, the Bush hating leftist liberal morons? Huh, wonder if there's a connection.... But to think anyone would think that the overwhelming majority of country music doesn't have a more positive moral message than the overwhelming majority of rap music is either being intellectually dishonest, is flat out lying, or is a complete and total idiot. Which one are you?

Old 11-11-2011, 04:27 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,524,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sol11 View Post
Put a zipper on your keyboard. Your ignorance is exposed.

Liberals never admit that they are wrong,...they just change the subject.

'Ol Hank lives in a mansion in Tennessee,...and some asshats won't admit it when they are wrong,....present company excluded,....I'm sure.
Sorry but I am not impressed by a "mansion" in hillbilly country.

Old 11-11-2011, 05:41 PM

37,180 posts, read 19,179,477 times
Quote:
You just can't seem to win when the subject is Hank Williams, Jr.

Does this look like a "doublewide"?

Hank Williams, Jr.'s House (Bing Maps) - Virtual Globetrotting

'Ol Hank Jr. could by or sell you lefties with the stroke of a pen........
Daddy's money has been very good to him. if Sr. wasn't also Papa, Jr. would have died from whiskey and drugs long ago before he ever made a dent in Nashville.

I don't want to hear about his talent. There's better talent performing on the sidewalk in front of Tootsie's than most of the crap on the stage at the CMAs.

Pretty counts for a lot more than talent does these days.

Old 11-11-2011, 05:44 PM

37,180 posts, read 19,179,477 times
Quote:
Put a zipper on your keyboard. Your ignorance is exposed.

Liberals never admit that they are wrong,...they just change the subject.

'Ol Hank lives in a mansion in Tennessee,...and some asshats won't admit it when they are wrong,....present company excluded,....I'm sure.
Jr. spends a lot of his time on his ranch in Montana shooting rifles at a cast iron buffalo. His home in Nashville is just one house.

He has multiple homes. You know - like Gore and Kerry.

Old 11-11-2011, 06:26 PM

2,930 posts, read 2,223,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Sorry but I am not impressed by a "mansion" in hillbilly country.
Well,....everybody can't be intelligent......

Old 11-11-2011, 06:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
Daddy's money has been very good to him. if Sr. wasn't also Papa, Jr. would have died from whiskey and drugs long ago before he ever made a dent in Nashville.

I don't want to hear about his talent. There's better talent performing on the sidewalk in front of Tootsie's than most of the crap on the stage at the CMAs.

Pretty counts for a lot more than talent does these days.
One doesn't have to have "talent" to be successful. That's proven every day by those microphone-eating rappers who wear their hats backwards, have baggy pants, always wear sunshades, and gold teeth.

Not familiar with "tooties",...but apparently those who perform there don't sing country. And,...if they are so damn good, why are performing for free.?

Old 11-11-2011, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Not familiar with "tooties",...but apparently those who perform there don't sing country. And,...if they are so damn good, why are performing for free.?
I guess if ya wanna judge talent by pay-scale, Justin Bieber's a bigger talent than Billie Holiday.

Thanls bit no thanks to that concept! I've heard singers in the back rooms of shot & beer joints that put anyone at the CMAs to shame.

Old 11-11-2011, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
Jr. spends a lot of his time on his ranch in Montana shooting rifles at a cast iron buffalo. His home in Nashville is just one house.

He has multiple homes. You know - like Gore and Kerry.
Apparently Hank does have multiple homes. One is in near Paris/Buchanan, Tennessee, and another smaller house in Montana. Wasn't aware that he owned a home in Nashville, but there is a cabin on his property near Paris/Buchanan, Tennessee which is mentioned on the website previously linked.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies