Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2011, 09:48 AM

212 posts, read 126,535 times

Advertisements

Hours later, the National Lawyers Guild obtained a court order allowing the protesters to return with their tents to the park, where they have camped for two months. The guild said the injunction prevents the city from enforcing park rules on the protesters who are now looking for squatters rights, despite park rules banning camping overnight.

Read more: Court Allows 'Occupy Wall Street' Protesters To Return To Park Following Arrests, Eviction By Police | Fox News

Court Allows 'Occupy Wall Street' Protesters To Return To Park Following Arrests, Eviction By Police | Fox News
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2011, 09:50 AM

5,036 posts, read 5,136,126 times
Rules? Who needs rules? Especially when it comes to pathetic losers?

Fine, let them continue to live in filth and tick the public off. The more they are out there, the worse they look because they dont have a clear message and they continue to attract the worst type of people. Sadly though, instead of them learning a lesson they will only get worse.

Old 11-15-2011, 09:53 AM

19,890 posts, read 18,747,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucsLose View Post
Rules? Who needs rules? Especially when it comes to pathetic losers?

Fine, let them continue to live in filth and tick the public off. The more they are out there, the worse they look because they dont have a clear message and they continue to attract the worst type of people. Sadly though, instead of them learning a lesson they will only get worse.

You are quite right. Adbusters, who started this thing really want it to end now, since the publicy has been so bad.

Old 11-15-2011, 09:55 AM

20,457 posts, read 12,376,620 times
Lets not say "court" lets say idiot who happens to be a judge, tossed out the rule of law and instituted anarchy as per the plan of the idiots on the very hard fringe left.

Old 11-15-2011, 09:57 AM

20,457 posts, read 12,376,620 times
We need to impeach the idiot judge that signed that order.

Old 11-15-2011, 10:00 AM

14,917 posts, read 13,097,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucsLose View Post
First off, I think these OWS people are idiots. I don't support their cause, and I think the way they're going about things is just stupid. That said, I went down (a friend visiting NYC insisted) to OWS at Zuccotti park this past Sunday (2 days ago) and it wasn't filthy in the slightest. It was cramped with tents and people and booths, but it surprisingly well ordered and pretty damn clean. And as dumb as they were, everybody was well behaved and extremely nice and courteous.

I was surprised to see so many US flag flying at the camp. I was surprised with how many anti-Obama posters and anti-Obama flyers I saw. And while I wasn't terribly surprised given it was veterans day weekend, it was interesting to see quite a large number of uniformed active military members milling about and talking with the OWSers.

Old 11-15-2011, 10:13 AM

212 posts, read 126,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
First off, I think these OWS people are idiots. I don't support their cause, and I think the way they're going about things is just stupid. That said, I went down (a friend visiting NYC insisted) to OWS at Zuccotti park this past Sunday (2 days ago) and it wasn't filthy in the slightest. It was cramped with tents and people and booths, but it surprisingly well ordered and pretty damn clean. And as dumb as they were, everybody was well behaved and extremely nice and courteous.

I was surprised to see so many US flag flying at the camp. I was surprised with how many anti-Obama posters and anti-Obama flyers I saw. And while I wasn't terribly surprised given it was veterans day weekend, it was interesting to see quite a large number of uniformed active military members milling about and talking with the OWSers.
There are people speaking out against the Fed.

Occupy Wall Street - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Federal Reserve

During a hearing before the Joint Economic Committee October 4, 2011, Federal Reserve Chairman Ben Bernanke said, "[P]eople are quite unhappy with the state of the economy and what’s happening. They blame, with some justification, the problems in the financial sector for getting us into this mess, and they’re dissatisfied with the policy response here in Washington. And at some level, I can’t blame them. Certainly, 9 percent unemployment and very slow growth is not a good situation."[215] Dallas Federal Reserve President Richard W. Fisher said that he was "somewhat sympathetic" to the views of the protestors, and added, "We have too many people out of work. We have a very uneven distribution of income. We have a very frustrated people, and I can understand their frustration."[216] Federal Reserve Chairman Ben Bernanke commented about protester's blame of the Fed saying: "“The concerns about the Fed are based on misconceptions, A very simplistic interpretation of that [criticism] was that we were doing that because we wanted to preserve banker salaries. That was obviously not the case.” Bernanke has stated that those policies will continue.[217]

Old 11-15-2011, 10:36 AM

8,732 posts, read 6,780,245 times
Maybe someone should take videos to the "judge" and show where the protesters are claiming that for the past two months it has been their home (no lease and it's rent free). On that basis alone they would have to be told that indeed it is NOT their home and they would have to leave or pay rent.

Old 11-15-2011, 10:37 AM

2,179 posts, read 6,716,129 times
Did Obama wink at the judge? I see a lot of union turds there.

Old 11-15-2011, 10:43 AM

14,100 posts, read 28,519,931 times
So the judge ruled against enforcing the law? Wonder if Democrats will nominate the judge to the supreme court?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies