Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2011, 04:53 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,155,997 times

Advertisements

Well, if the "evil" Giffords politicizes her attack into political gain....

GOOD!!!

Hope it works well!!!!!

HAHAHA!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2011, 04:59 PM

3,498 posts, read 2,218,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimMe View Post
For Democrats the criminal assault on Giffords is the gift that keeps on giving.
I didn't realize Michelle Malkin was a Democrat.

Quote:
keep in mind that Giffords provoked the ire of Daily Kos liberals for refusing to vote for Pelosi for House Speaker earlier this week. - Michelle Malkin

Old 11-16-2011, 05:21 PM

3,335 posts, read 2,660,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
The nasty comments in this thread about Gabby are mind boggling. Any senator, representative or other high ranging elected official who takes a bullet while doing his/her job is no different than a member of our military getting disabled while doing theirs. She doesn't not deserve the trash talk she's getting here. She lost a huge part of her life to that bullet, for crying out loud. Would you guys make despicable comments about disabled veterans as well? There's a time to put partisan BS aside and just be a human being who cares about the safety of all our elected officials.
Thank you...and God Bless you, for literally 'Nailing the truth'

At least one humane person...feels and cares...and realizes how barbaric this thread has been, because of a few cruel comments, which are mindless, and especially, HEARTLESS!!!

Old 11-16-2011, 06:07 PM

9,949 posts, read 8,853,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
Any senator, representative or other high ranging elected official who takes a bullet while doing his/her job is no different than a member of our military getting disabled while doing theirs.

Sorry but I'm not buying that line of BS.

Old 11-16-2011, 06:08 PM

3,498 posts, read 2,218,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
Does that apply to Ronald Reagan, Abe Lincoln?

Old 11-16-2011, 06:11 PM

9,949 posts, read 8,853,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinny Puppy View Post
Does that apply to Ronald Reagan, Abe Lincoln?
Damn right it does, getting shot while fighting for your country as a volunteer isn't exactly the same as getting shot while signing autographs at a political fund raiser or mixer with the people who you want to vote for you again.

Old 11-16-2011, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
Nobody cares what you buy, pal. Wayland Woman is speaking for 'most' decent, caring Americans, who don't spew hate and cruelty...because of political differences.

Originally Posted by Wayland Woman
The nasty comments in this thread about Gabby are mind boggling. Any senator, representative or other high ranging elected official who takes a bullet while doing his/her job is no different than a member of our military getting disabled while doing theirs. She doesn't not deserve the trash talk she's getting here. She lost a huge part of her life to that bullet, for crying out loud. Would you guys make despicable comments about disabled veterans as well? There's a time to put partisan BS aside and just be a human being who cares about the safety of all our elected officials.

Old 11-16-2011, 06:32 PM

2,085 posts, read 2,469,734 times
Quote:
In a co-written book, Gabrielle Gifford and her (retired) astronaut husband, Mark Kelly slam Speaker Boehner for not visiting Gifford after her near-fatal shooting in January of this year. The media and the Democrats turned the event into a Republican and conservative blame-fest knowing full well that the perpetrator was likely insane and unlikely to have been motivated by Republican talking points or ideas. For Boehner any attempt to visit Giffords would likely have been rebuffed and it was a lose-lose situation. The book recounts an encounter between Giffords and Kelly and Boehner at a restaurant where Giffords approached him and warned him to stay out of her district in the run up to the 2010 elections. So clearly the political animus was coming from Giffords. I suspect that this is all prelude for Mark Kelly running for his wife's House seat (since she clearly now borders on the incompetent). For Democrats the criminal assault on Giffords is the gift that keeps on giving.
I'm so sick of her. I feel for the familes that lost loved ones that day. She was shot by a lunatic, and I feel bad for that, but I guess she is the same ol' same ol' whinning woman.

Old 11-16-2011, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waianaegirl View Post
I'm so sick of her. I feel for the familes that lost loved ones that day. She was shot by a lunatic, and I feel bad for that, but I guess she is the same ol' same ol' whinning woman.
You have a great time in Hawaii, while Gabby suffers, OK! Thanks

Old 11-16-2011, 06:43 PM

17,531 posts, read 24,701,378 times
Quote:
In a co-written book, Gabrielle Gifford and her (retired) astronaut husband, Mark Kelly slam Speaker Boehner for not visiting Gifford after her near-fatal shooting in January of this year. The media and the Democrats turned the event into a Republican and conservative blame-fest knowing full well that the perpetrator was likely insane and unlikely to have been motivated by Republican talking points or ideas. For Boehner any attempt to visit Giffords would likely have been rebuffed and it was a lose-lose situation. The book recounts an encounter between Giffords and Kelly and Boehner at a restaurant where Giffords approached him and warned him to stay out of her district in the run up to the 2010 elections. So clearly the political animus was coming from Giffords. I suspect that this is all prelude for Mark Kelly running for his wife's House seat (since she clearly now borders on the incompetent). For Democrats the criminal assault on Giffords is the gift that keeps on giving.
As opposed to her Republican opponent who held rallies where participants could shoot automatic wepons at pictures of Gabby Giffords.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies