Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-23-2011, 04:11 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,532,193 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lahaina Lopaka View Post
His anti-business rhetoric, he divisive talk against successful people, and success itself, his overall trash-talking America has chilled the entire environment. Business are afraid to move, fearing what this pig will do next. What business will become the demon de jeur.

Let's try to move beyond the Rush, Beck, Hannity talking points and try to think for ourselves
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2011, 04:13 PM

14,561 posts, read 23,067,590 times
Quote:
His anti-business rhetoric, he divisive talk against successful people, and success itself, his overall trash-talking America has chilled the entire environment. Business are afraid to move, fearing what this pig will do next. What business will become the demon de jeur.
I don't see any policies in there, just a bunch of return fire rhetoric. You wanna try again?

Old 11-23-2011, 04:18 PM

3,734 posts, read 5,772,817 times
As horrible as Baby Bush was, the Obamination is worse. I saw an INSTANT slowdown, immediately following the election. So did every businessperson I know. In a lot of areas, things instantly went from bad to hopeless after the election. Anybody with any sense knew that Obama was put into office to finish the job Baby Bush had begun (the job of dismantling America and replacing the American People).

I will add that things went from great to stagnant, within months of Baby Bush's election. It really does matter who is in the White House. It's a matter of Spontaneous Mass Consensus. And if we don't get somebody good in office, this time, it's all over. I moved my businesses overseas toward the end of the Barbara Bush's Brat's reign. And we've made a lot of money on this side of the Pacific, positioning ourselves to profit from the Depression we knew would be coming, following Obama's election. But I feel for the vast majority of Americans, who are facing a bleak future, due to eleven years under Presidents who are worse than incompetent.

I'm rooting for Ron Paul. But we're investing with the assumption that the worst of all possible candidates will (again) be chosen.

Old 11-23-2011, 04:26 PM

28,164 posts, read 25,305,403 times
My, my...are conservatives blaming someone else for their own failings?! Nooooo, it couldn't be! I seem to remember being slammed when I suggested that outside influences could make someone fail or succeed.

Old 11-23-2011, 04:27 PM

2,095 posts, read 2,581,533 times
The party of personal responsibility blames Obama for all of their own failings. How hypocritical!

Old 11-23-2011, 04:28 PM

9,982 posts, read 13,762,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandviewGloria View Post
As horrible as Baby Bush was, the Obamination is worse. I saw an INSTANT slowdown, immediately following the election. So did every businessperson I know. In a lot of areas, things instantly went from bad to hopeless after the election. Anybody with any sense knew that Obama was put into office to finish the job Baby Bush had begun (the job of dismantling America and replacing the American People).

I will add that things went from great to stagnant, within months of Baby Bush's election. It really does matter who is in the White House. It's a matter of Spontaneous Mass Consensus. And if we don't get somebody good in office, this time, it's all over. I moved my businesses overseas toward the end of the Barbara Bush's Brat's reign. And we've made a lot of money on this side of the Pacific, positioning ourselves to profit from the Depression we knew would be coming, following Obama's election. But I feel for the vast majority of Americans, who are facing a bleak future, due to eleven years under Presidents who are worse than incompetent.

I'm rooting for Ron Paul. But we're investing with the assumption that the worst of all possible candidates will (again) be chosen.
And you think Obama in all his omnipotence was able to tank your business in Fall of 2008? Come on. And Bush got the shaft too, that is the way is goes with a bubble-driven economy. But according to your magical thinking if McCain had been elected, houses in Sacramento and Talahassee would be going for $1M by now, the market would be at 18k and it would all be gravy right?

Spontaneous Mass Consensus? As for National Enquirer phenomena, I liked Spontaneous Human Combustion better.

http://science.howstuffworks.com/sci...nomena/shc.htm

Old 11-23-2011, 04:30 PM

28,164 posts, read 25,305,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosco55David View Post
I'd like to see the guy give an explanation of exactly which Obama policies have effected his business. Let's see if he actually knows what he's talking about...or just putting out bumper stickers.
Quote:
GREAT answer!

Now, start naming policies! At least one!

Old 11-23-2011, 04:40 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,198,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
GREAT answer!

Now, start naming policies! At least one!
Don't hold your breath.

Or, you'll get the standard answer that they all have now: Obamacare.

Old 11-23-2011, 04:43 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,464,356 times
5,000 pages of Obamacare and Dodd-Frank along with them picking and choosing winners and losers. Those things have many business people frozen and preparing for the unknown.

Old 11-23-2011, 04:46 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,254,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
I don't expect anything from you... I am not expanding, I said starting... employees will be there but they just won't be new hires... there are ways around it... and yes, I am can afford to hire someone with a generous benefit package but I am not going to... I am not to go hire someone and then Obama will claim it was because of him on TV... which he does on a regular basis...
So your goal is to try to make him a "one term president" by shooting your own self/business in the ass?

Heaven forbid if the economy should improve in the next year, huh?

Quote:
but I am not going to
....and you can't make me. Waaaah....

Typical conservative mentality. Cry and obstruct and snivel to get their own way. You ought to be ashamed of yourself. Refuse to give someone a job because that might mean President Obama gets re-elected.

Disgusting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies