Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-27-2011, 03:10 PM

2,385 posts, read 1,588,907 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
So you don't want to talk about things that took place 50 years ago in Germany but now you want to talk about things that took place 100 years ago in America?

I guess they don't teach much basic logic in Germany, based on the people that I've had to train there I know they don't teach much common sense or engineering that I would trust my dog's life to.

You played the nazi card first, so dont whine if i respond in the same fashion.
Yeah we dont train any logic over here. That's why we are the worldwide leader in engineering.

You americans sure like to drive your porsches, bmws, mercedes' and audis.

You are such a hypocrite.

Old 11-27-2011, 03:11 PM

9,949 posts, read 8,857,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by itsjustmeagain View Post
Sorry English is my 2nd foreign language. So cut me some slack. And positive things about america, there aren't a lot anymore, unfortunately.
Exactly what I expected, I guess that whole "I'm not bashing America" was a lie right?

Old 11-27-2011, 03:12 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,949,504 times
Quote:
Sorry English is my 2nd foreign language. So cut me some slack. And positive things about america, there aren't a lot anymore, unfortunately.
English is also my 2nd language, yet I can understand everything you typed, and no doubt you know what you typed.

Quote:
I'm Cajun, my ascestors were forced out of Nova Scotia and settled in South Louisiana because they had no choice. I haven't killed or enslaved anyone to my knowledge. I've also never gassed entire families.
My Nazi grandparents also didn't kill Jews, they were those that only got in the planes to shoot down the Allied Forces. My Spanish ancestors got on a boat to Puerto Rico roughly 150 years ago, AFAIK, so no way my ancestors killed or enslaved anybody, since they were tobacco rollers themselves, not hacienda patrones

Old 11-27-2011, 03:14 PM

Quote:
I'm Cajun, my ascestors were forced out of Nova Scotia and settled in South Louisiana because they had no choice. I haven't killed or enslaved anyone to my knowledge. I've also never gassed entire families.
Neither have I. But you are part of a nation that did that, just like me. Guess what my direct anncestors came partly from poland and where forced to work in concentration camps. My "german" part of the family tried to fight the nazis and was thrown into jail because of that.

Old 11-27-2011, 03:14 PM

9,855 posts, read 10,418,899 times
Why would any American care what any European thinks about our country and its people and/or poliicians? Europe has enough of its own problems without focusing on ours. Interesting that foreigners think we care.

Old 11-27-2011, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
English is also my 2nd language, yet I can understand everything you typed, and no doubt you know what you typed.
No english is my 3rd language. My second foreign language.

Old 11-27-2011, 03:17 PM

Quote:
You played the nazi card first, so dont whine if i respond in the same fashion.
Yeah we dont train any logic over here. That's why we are the worldwide leader in engineering.

You americans sure like to drive your porsches, bmws, mercedes' and audis.

You are such a hypocrite.
We also like to drive our Lexus, Ferrari, Infinity, etc etc etc... and given the fact that we're per capita a lot wealthier than people in Germany we can afford to buy German cars that many Germans can't afford.

Germany isn't the worldwide leader in engineering and most of your engineers study where? Here in the US because we by far have the worlds best engineering colleges.

World's Best Universities Subject Rankings; Top Universities by Subject | US News

Germany is hard to even find on that list of the world's highest ranked colleges.

Old 11-27-2011, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Neither have I. But you are part of a nation that did that, just like me. Guess what my direct anncestors came partly from poland and where forced to work in concentration camps. My "german" part of the family tried to fight the nazis and was thrown into jail because of that.
A simple "thank you Americans" would have sufficed.

Old 11-27-2011, 03:25 PM

Quote:
We also like to drive our Lexus, Ferrari, Infinity, etc etc etc... and given the fact that we're per capita a lot wealthier than people in Germany we can afford to buy German cars that many Germans can't afford.

Germany isn't the worldwide leader in engineering and most of your engineers study where? Here in the US because we by far have the worlds best engineering colleges.

World's Best Universities Subject Rankings; Top Universities by Subject | US News

Germany is hard to even find on that list of the world's highest ranked colleges.
The american middle class is far more poor than the german middle class. Drive on a German autobahn, you will see luxury cars everywhere. Just because you have a bunch of billionaires doesn't mean that your middle class is doing better. No doubt you exceed on the top. But you treat the average people like crap. Germany has however a way more educated workforce than america. Thats why Germany is thriving and america is not. You can have as much colleges that no one can afford as you want. Germany has better colleges on average than the u.s. Your community colleges are worth nothing. And Germany has the best engineering corporations in the world , thats why we export more goods per capita than any country in this world.

Old 11-27-2011, 03:25 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,328,408 times
Why are you arguing about a situation that affects the world? We as Americans should not be defensive about our short comings, after all our politicians have been bought by the corporations and for the most part so has most of Europe. We are all suckers to the establishment, arguing over political parties that in truth can give a rats butt about any of us. Our president like the ones before him are only doing what they are told to do by their handlers. Have you ever wondered why millionaires run for office? It sure is not because they care about the country, here is a hint: they do it to make more money! So when I listen to people attacking the president about his policies or what he is trying to do I simply nod my head in wonderment. The president has limited ability to really change anything even if his party controls both houses, since each politician has his or her own interest at heart and that means that may go against party lines. Europeans and others realize this and often marvel at the stupidity of the American people that do not realize this as well. Whenever this is pointed out to the average American they take offense to the obvious. What is really interesting is that anyone that wants to be an American citizen must be knowledgeable of our laws and history, oddly enough many of Americans don't know half of what the naturalized is forced to know about our own country.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies