Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-27-2011, 02:34 PM

1,800 posts, read 3,912,589 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsjustmeagain View Post
So? There are billions of people in the world who despise america. Germans weren't crazy at all. They were under a dictatorship, they had no choice. Either die, or participate. There were numerous attempts to assassin Hitler.
Yea right. The German people had no idea what was going on....So all those rallies with millions of people and the systematic extermination of 12 million people was just the work of the dictatorial gov't?

I don't blame the current German people for what happened. They weren't around for it to happen. But I can certainly blame those who were adults in the 1940s for letting it happen.

Old 11-27-2011, 02:35 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,930,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by outbacknv View Post
This is utterly laughable and as you're no doubt aware highly offensive as a result of your ending remarks.
Earlier, I called him out on his arrogant know-it-all European attitude that a lot of liberal minded Europeans have of themselves. He keeps proving to everyone what I called him out on. He thinks his **** doesn't stink because he is German. And, of course, he also thinks he's better than everyone else. No doubt he is doing the very same thing he probably accuses conservative Americans of. But, what else can we expect from a liberal European? They are all hypocrites. Now he's mad because we're not kissing his behind like the hardcore liberals on here were doing

Quote:
Originally Posted by nowincal11 View Post
Yea right. The German people had no idea what was going on....So all those rallies with millions of people and the systematic extermination of 12 million people was just the work of the dictatorial gov't?

I don't blame the current German people for what happened. They weren't around for it to happen. But I can certainly blame those who were adults in the 1940s for letting it happen.
Yes, please don't. Unfortunately, my recent ancestors were in the same boat, as I had 2 relatives who were Hauptmänner/Captains in the Luftwaffe during WWII

Old 11-27-2011, 02:36 PM

9,949 posts, read 8,851,320 times
Quote:
So? There are billions of people in the world who despise america. Germans weren't crazy at all. They were under a dictatorship, they had no choice. Either die, or participate. There were numerous attempts to assassin Hitler.
Billions of people despise America? Are you drunk or just really ignorant?

Old 11-27-2011, 02:38 PM

2,385 posts, read 1,587,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nowincal11 View Post
Then how come so many people want to come to America from Europe? There are lines a mile long at every US consulate in Europe for that chance.

How come so many people from the UK can't wait to get that letter from the US State Dept. saying they can move to Los Angeles to work in the movies in Hollywood?

Hollywood is the number 1 provider of the arts to all over the world.

I agree parts of the lifestyle are better, such as walkability around cities. But let's face it, America is the land of opportunity.

You provide no evidence of America's decline and fail to how Europe is imploding before you.
Look, the biggest chunk of your immigrants come from 3rd world countries these days. Just because some british dude, wants to become a director in hollywood, doesnt mean that europeans still try to come over. Europeans have found other destinations to emigrate to these days. And no there are barely any lines in european us consulates.

Old 11-27-2011, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
Billions of people despise America? Are you drunk or just really ignorant?
They dont? Do a poll in the middle east and muslim asian countries. Thats about one billion people.

Old 11-27-2011, 02:42 PM

3,083 posts, read 4,010,362 times
Quote:
Look, the biggest chunk of your immigrants come from 3rd world countries these days. Just because some british dude, wants to become a director in hollywood, doesnt mean that europeans still try to come over. Europeans have found other destinations to emigrate to these days. And no there are barely any lines in european us consulates.
So is there a point to your America bashing or are you simply trolling for further argument?

Old 11-27-2011, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Actually the biggest chunk of immigrants coming to the US are coming from Mexico which isn't a 3rd world country. Europeans do still immigrate to the US for many reasons, many more than the number of Americans that immigrate to Europe, especially Germany.

What's your next fail?

Old 11-27-2011, 02:44 PM

Quote:
They dont? Do a poll in the middle east and muslim asian countries. Thats about one billion people.
I don't need to do a poll, I didn't make the claim. You prove what you said if you want to, I'm just saying you're full of it.

25,021 posts, read 27,930,716 times
Quote:
So is there a point to your America bashing or are you simply trolling for further argument?
Probably just looking to bash Americans to vent his pent up anger out at us instead of the Turks occupying western Germany and Berlin. We see this all the time with liberals venting on black and Hispanic conservatives, so it's not unreasonable to assume he's doing it this way

Quote:
I'm not bashing america. I have a lot of american friends. Why would I bash america? I'm just highlighting some flaws.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies