Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-27-2011, 11:35 AM

2,526 posts, read 3,006,384 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
You don't elect village idiots, you just fawn over them like a bunch of obsessed morons... but then again Germans always have had a problem with letting crazy ideology get out of hand. Let's hope you guys don't decide that killing an entire race of people sounds fun again.
First off, I don't think that such "arguments" portray anyone as intelligent. They are simply a sign of a person who lacks any decency because they try to throw insults or derogatory statements to shut the other up. But hey, to each their own.

Second, i have no idea what an apparent picture of the Love Parade has to do with any of this.

Third: Native Americans??? Anyone? Don't throw rocks if you live in a glasshouse...

Fourth: Reductio ad Hitlerum.

I'd say, your post is one giant FAIL!!!!

Last edited by vamos; 11-27-2011 at 11:44 AM..

Old 11-27-2011, 11:39 AM

7,214 posts, read 9,399,574 times
Why bother with this topic now? I agree both are a joke. But let's talk about what is going on today. Palin is not running for anything and has largely been marginalized. Bachmann is not going to be the Republican presidential nominee, judging by her standing in recent polls.

Old 11-27-2011, 11:50 AM

9,949 posts, read 8,857,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vamos View Post
As someone who has a lot of EU friends and family, and who spends a significant chunk of time in Europe every year...
Quote:
First off, I don't think that such "arguments" portray anyone as intelligent.
First off, I don't' think that such statements portray you as anyone who might be unbiased or thinking logical about this thread. You're clearly going to agree with whatever the OP says, I have no problem with that but don't act as if we should all care.

The fact of the matter is that the American people haven't picked Bachmann or Palin, hell Palin hasn't run for any office in years and isn't a political figure in the US. I don't buy into this condescending BS from people like the OP who for some odd reason feels that Americans should care what other countries feel about us or our political candidates. I don't support either of these women and wouldn't vote for either of them as a candidate but that doesn't change the fact that most Americans couldn't give a **** less about what people in Europe think/feel about us... the same goes for any suburb sized country out there that has once relied on us for aid, money, food, military support, etc etc etc. If you want to hate on America go for it, we're used to it. If you want to say something just say thanks, we deserve it.

Old 11-27-2011, 11:54 AM

386 posts, read 232,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by itsjustmeagain View Post
I'm very happy to live in Germany
Amen, bro.

Old 11-27-2011, 12:23 PM

2,385 posts, read 1,588,907 times
Quote:
First off, I don't' think that such statements portray you as anyone who might be unbiased or thinking logical about this thread. You're clearly going to agree with whatever the OP says, I have no problem with that but don't act as if we should all care.

The fact of the matter is that the American people haven't picked Bachmann or Palin, hell Palin hasn't run for any office in years and isn't a political figure in the US. I don't buy into this condescending BS from people like the OP who for some odd reason feels that Americans should care what other countries feel about us or our political candidates. I don't support either of these women and wouldn't vote for either of them as a candidate but that doesn't change the fact that most Americans couldn't give a **** less about what people in Europe think/feel about us... the same goes for any suburb sized country out there that has once relied on us for aid, money, food, military support, etc etc etc. If you want to hate on America go for it, we're used to it. If you want to say something just say thanks, we deserve it.
That kind of isolationist thinking and arrogance is exactly what has put your country in the position you are in. You may think about that for a little while. I would hate to see your country declining even more. We all share this wonderful planet, we might as well think about a way to live on this planet without throwing insults at each other.

Old 11-27-2011, 12:25 PM

Quote:
First off, I don't think that such "arguments" portray anyone as intelligent. They are simply a sign of a person who lacks any decency because they try to throw insults or derogatory statements to shut the other up. But hey, to each their own.

Second, i have no idea what an apparent picture of the Love Parade has to do with any of this.

Third: Native Americans??? Anyone? Don't throw rocks if you live in a glasshouse...

Fourth: Reductio ad Hitlerum.

I'd say, your post is one giant FAIL!!!!
Don't worry. When people run out of arguments, they throw the crimes at you that your forefathers committed. Very predictable. Lets not even go there.

Old 11-27-2011, 12:26 PM

Quote:
That kind of isolationist thinking and arrogance is exactly what has put your country in the position you are in. You may think about that for a little while. I would hate to see your country declining even more. We all share this wonderful planet, we might as well think about a way to live on this planet without throwing insults at each other.
My post had nothing to do with isolation or arrogance, I guess you read something wrong. I would hate to see your country decline even more as well but if you want to lecture someone about sharing a planet and throwing insults maybe you should read the title of this thread you started "Do Americans get that Palin and Bachmann make them a laughing stock around the world?"

Before trying to insult an entire country of people with a statement that isn't true you should deal with your own country's problems.

Old 11-27-2011, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Don't worry. When people run out of arguments, they throw the crimes at you that your forefathers committed. Very predictable. Lets not even go there.
I didn't realize we were even arguing, I'm just pointing out FACTS which you clearly don't like.

You have absolutely no room to lecture anyone, especially the citizens of United States of America about anything.

Old 11-27-2011, 12:31 PM

Quote:
You have absolutely no room to lecture anyone, especially the citizens of United States of America about anything.
You don't have room to lecture anyone either, so lets just leave it at that. Just look at your past. But one of the posters had already pointed that out.

Old 11-27-2011, 12:33 PM

Quote:
My post had nothing to do with isolation or arrogance, I guess you read something wrong. I would hate to see your country decline even more as well but if you want to lecture someone about sharing a planet and throwing insults maybe you should read the title of this thread you started "Do Americans get that Palin and Bachmann make them a laughing stock around the world?"

Before trying to insult an entire country of people with a statement that isn't true you should deal with your own country's problems.
You are the only one who sees that as an insult. It was a start of a discussion. And what are you talking about? My country is not in decline.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies