Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-30-2011, 07:31 PM

7,545 posts, read 8,329,379 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by crbcrbrgv View Post
I've said it before and I will restate it again. The reason we will not end birthright citizenship any time soon is due to the fact that this is a big incentive to doctors and high tech persons from other countries.

Think Michelle Malkin's parents, for example.
Doctors and high tech people from other countries are flocking to the US to give birth? This is news to me. I think you're mistaking legal immigration and H1B1 visas for illegal immigration and birthright citizenship.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2011, 08:08 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,796,716 times
Where is your proof that the majority are for ending birthright citizenship?

Old 11-30-2011, 08:12 PM

22,191 posts, read 19,470,309 times
Last poll I have seen on this subject was a Time poll from a few months back 35% supported revising the 14th Amendment 61% did Not

THREAD FAIL

Old 11-30-2011, 08:21 PM

7,541 posts, read 6,273,675 times
you know how many times a citizenship bill is introduced to congress and ultimately fails?

EVERY freaking session for the last 60 years.

The issue isn't new. And the only way to get citizenship to change is through a CONSTITUTIONAL amendment, not a bill in congress.

Old 11-30-2011, 08:32 PM

7,545 posts, read 8,329,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
Last poll I have seen on this subject was a Time poll from a few months back 35% supported revising the 14th Amendment 61% did Not

THREAD FAIL
Didn't bother to click the govtrack link, eh? It clearly shows 71% in favor, 29% opposed. Another poll by Rasmussen shows 65% oppose birthright citizenship. The only fail is your post, bud.

Rasmussen Reports: 65% of Likely U.S. Voters Oppose Birthright Citizenship for Children of Illegal Aliens

Carry on in your quest for purposeful ignorance.

Old 11-30-2011, 08:38 PM

22,191 posts, read 19,470,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whatyousay View Post
Didn't bother to click the govtrack link, eh? It clearly shows 71% in favor, 29% opposed. Another poll by Rasmussen shows 65% oppose birthright citizenship. The only fail is your post, bud.

Rasmussen Reports: 65% of Likely U.S. Voters Oppose Birthright Citizenship for Children of Illegal Aliens

Carry on in your quest for purposeful ignorance.
Of course that doesn't mention anything about changing the 14th Amendment

Old 11-30-2011, 08:43 PM

4,866 posts, read 5,680,113 times
What I do not understand is how someone whose parents are not citizens or even legal residents of this country can be a US citizen just be being born here.

It never made much sense to me.

The children of Diplomats born in the US are not US citizens. So why are the children of illegal aliens born in this country given US citizenship?

Do you really think US citizenship should be given out like candy? We have women coming here on visas from all parts of the world (birth tourism) to give birth to a US citizen! How frickin crazy is that?

Not to mention illegal aliens:

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2008/...n4000401.shtml

"It was 5 a.m. and CBS News national correspondent Byron Pitts is with a woman who is nine months pregnant. She's rushed to a south Texas hospital to undergo a C-section - a $4,700 medical procedure that won't cost her a dime. She qualifies for emergency Medicaid.

(...)

"Do many women in Mexico make the choice to have their children in the United States?" Pitts asked.

"Yes," she said through a translator. "I know people who have done that. Things are much better here in the U.S. because they help children so much more."

(...)

"Many Americans who struggle to take care of their own families think it is unfair that they should take care of a family and they are not U.S. citizens.

"I don't understand the resentment," said. "I know that God will help them, too."

(Of course she doesn't understand the resentment...EVERYTHING WAS FREE)

Must be nice huh?

Old 11-30-2011, 09:00 PM

19,567 posts, read 21,875,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whatyousay View Post
80 Co-sponsors for the Birthright Citizen Act of 2011, and not ONE democrat supports it. Why? The country overwhelmingly is in support of ending birthright citizenship, republicans and democrats alike by a margin of 7-3. Why aren't the democrat members representing their constituents on this issue?

H.R. 140: Birthright Citizenship Act of 2011 (GovTrack.us)
Potential voters....

Old 11-30-2011, 09:02 PM

4,866 posts, read 5,680,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
Potential voters....
It is pretty pathetic.

Old 10-31-2018, 09:32 AM

4,559 posts, read 1,438,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post
It should be. If you can't prove your ancestors came here legally when they migrated, you should get the boot.
Yay!!!
I 'll sign it.!!!!
Gimee gimee gimee it!!
Trump ancestors create his Presidency null and void.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies