Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-06-2011, 10:38 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,651,295 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Yeah, let's also not forget the ally they WERE against radical islamists and AQ, how critical they WERE in the war on terror and keeping radical elements within their country subdued.

Obama has unleashed those radical elements...perhaps on purpose, most likely from incompetence and his blundering naivete.
LOL. The protestors overthrew Mubarak, not Obama. Mubarak's only choise was to suppress the revolution via use of violence, and that is the last thing a US president would want to support. You are such a partisan.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2011, 10:40 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,956,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
"Invading" means ground forces taking control. Iraq, for instance, was an invasion. Which is of course the last resort in warfare, because it tends to turn to occupation and counterinsurgency fighting, basically being forced to fight on the other side's terms.

Using air bombardment to leverage means that the US/NATO forces fought intelligently, using asymmetric warfare on our terms and being able to disentangle.

Not that it matters to the Right. You'd crucify Obama for doing something, anything or nothing, and everybody knows it.

It's that "opportunity" thing again. The Libyan rebels were kind enough to take control of the ground. There's not a Libya scenario in either Iran nor Syria.
OMG, I think we've heard it all now. As long as "boots on the ground" are not involved, we can't deem it an invasion.

Well then, by your logic, we should be bombing the heck out of Syria and Iran, right?

The problem with your logic is that it is 180 degrees from what your logic used to be under a republican president.

No matter that we took sides in a civil war.........that USED to be a no-no for the Left...I wonder what in the world changed.

So...now that we determine the goalposts have not only been moved off the field but thrown over the cliff for the Left........we are left with the RESULTS of this disastrous foreign policy of this administration, that helped usher in a radical islamist arab spring.

This is undeniable.

Old 12-06-2011, 10:42 AM

46,963 posts, read 26,005,972 times
Quote:
When did the Left do a complete 180 on their invasion criteria for muslim countries?
Still unclear on the concept of "invasion"?

Old 12-06-2011, 10:44 AM

68,330 posts, read 54,411,082 times
Quote:
The will of WHOSE people? So now the mission of the US is to invade and interfere in civil wars when we are asked to, no matter the ones asking were exposed as radicals with elements of AQ in their midst?
You have a vivid imagination!

Quote:
When did the Left do a complete 180 on their invasion criteria for muslim countries?
Just WHAT are you talking about? WHAT 180?

Old 12-06-2011, 10:44 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,956,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
I have not heard of Iranians asking the West for help
Plus, as I said, it is much easier to do something in a country such as Libya, talking on Iran is a completely different story.
Yeah, of course you don't;

An Open Letter From Iranians TO The World-Spread it World Wide - YouTube

http://am.blogs.cnn.com/2009/06/22/i...rotestor-plea/

Course, I imagine its hard when phones, internet are shut down by an oppressive government.

Old 12-06-2011, 10:45 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,799,372 times
To inject a little reality into this discussion I would like to point out that although both Gaddafi and Husain butchered masses of their own citizens the Western World did not seem very concerned until these men threatened to disrupt the "orderly" marketing of petroleum. Husain was going to sell his oil in Euros, Gaddafi in his own African currency and IIRC Iran wants to also sell in Euros or in direct barter with China. This is totally unacceptable to the international petroleum masters.

The result was a war with Iraq, a phony war with Libya and a prospective war with Iran. These wars are to be fought by NATO with us doing most of the fighting and all of the spending of the borrowed funds. I am angered by the fact that we are being exploited by European, mid Eastern and Chinese financiers to protect their apparently private investment in selling oil in US dollars. I do not see this as our quarrel or of any importance to us. If protecting “our” oil supplies from the Middle East we would have just occupied the countries and stolen the oil like we have done in most of South America.

We destroyed the existing stability at the behest of the petroleum financiers and that stability has replaced a slowly, very slowly, modernizing culture with the most backwards imaginable. After this settles out I expect increased warfare amongst the individual faction of the Arab spring resulting in near anarchy in the Middle East. I wish we could offer amnesty to any of the women that want to leave but that would be unacceptable to our own male chauvinists. After the anarchy sets in I can only hope someone starts to preach the Last Crusade where the civilized nations realize the Islam really is a threat to all that is right, good and holy in the rest of the world and needs to change or be eliminated.

Old 12-06-2011, 10:47 AM

7,871 posts, read 10,133,832 times
Quote:
This;

Is all true. Surely you remember Calypso Louis calling obama a murderer for what he was doing in Libya?

And surely you remember Quadaffi claiming muslim brothership with obama?
None of which makes it so unless you suddenly assign credibility to people that you would otherwise never believe.

Hypocritical, mindless partisanship at its best. I expect no less from you.

Old 12-06-2011, 10:47 AM

25,947 posts, read 24,752,932 times
Quote:
The will of WHOSE people? So now the mission of the US is to invade and interfere in civil wars when we are asked to, no matter the ones asking were exposed as radicals with elements of AQ in their midst?

The US even interferes when it is not asked to. So what's your logic?

Plus, why are you making a fuss about the US involvement? The US was simply not important in Libya... It was mostly a French thingy. So complain about Sarkozy if you will...

Old 12-06-2011, 10:48 AM

68,330 posts, read 54,411,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
To inject a little reality into this discussion I would like to point out that although both Gaddafi and Husain butchered masses of their own citizens the Western World did not seem very concerned until these men threatened to disrupt the "orderly" marketing of petroleum. Husain was going to sell his oil in Euros, Gaddafi in his own African currency and IIRC Iran wants to also sell in Euros or in direct barter with China. This is totally unacceptable to the international petroleum masters.

The result was a war with Iraq, a phony war with Libya and a prospective war with Iran. These wars are to be fought by NATO with us doing most of the fighting and all of the spending of the borrowed funds. I am angered by the fact that we are being exploited by European, mid Eastern and Chinese financiers to protect their apparently private investment id selling oil in US dollars. I do not see this as our quarrel or of any importance to us. If protecting “our” oil supplies from the Middle East we would have just occupied the countries and stolen the oil like we have done in most of South America.

We destroyed the existing stability at the behest of the petroleum financiers and that stability has replaced a slowly, very slowly, modernizing culture with the most backwards imaginable. After this settles out I expect increased warfare amongst the individual faction of the Arab spring resulting in near anarchy in the Middle East. I wish we could offer amnesty to any of the women that want to leave but that would be unacceptable to our own male chauvinists. After the anarchy sets in I can only hope someone starts to preach the Last Crusade where the civilized nations realize the Islam really is a threat to all that is right, good and holy in the rest of the world and needs to change or be eliminated.

Gaddafi did sponsor the mass murder of Americans though. If any Arab leader deserved death at the hands of Americans it was Gaddafi.

Last edited by burdell; 12-06-2011 at 10:53 AM.. Reason: spelling

Old 12-06-2011, 10:51 AM

9,848 posts, read 8,284,533 times
Default "Arab Spring" One of the Worst Foreign Policy Blunders in History

All according to the OBAMA plan.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies