Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-08-2011, 11:45 AM

7,871 posts, read 10,136,221 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by A&M_Indie_08 View Post
I am quite sure of it, I lived through them in reality... never in human history have their been so many arrogant self entitled douches as today. Furthermore, obesity is at record levels, education has been going down.....

Maybe for you, gay rights is a reason to say we have evolved, but most signs point to us going backward, not forward
They were there in the 80's. The Internet wasn't.

I will have to agree that TV and music have, generally, gotten worse. I blame MTV, hip-hop being recognized as art (blech), and the #1 cancer on contemporary popular culture - reality TV.

Anyway, it doesn't have anything to do with evolution. It does have a lot to do with the fact that it will always be profitable to appeal to our inexhaustible supply of stupidity.

Then again, maybe I'm just a grumpy old man.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2011, 11:47 AM

4,593 posts, read 9,202,972 times
Because people are vain. Many don't like the idea that humans and chimps grew from the same tree and in essence, we too are part of the animal kingdom.

Old 12-08-2011, 11:50 AM

3,345 posts, read 3,076,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strel View Post
They were there in the 80's. The Internet wasn't.

I will have to agree that TV and music have, generally, gotten worse. I blame MTV, hip-hop being recognized as art (blech), and the #1 cancer on contemporary popular culture - reality TV.

Anyway, it doesn't have anything to do with evolution. It does have a lot to do with the fact that it will always be profitable to appeal to our inexhaustible supply of stupidity.

Then again, maybe I'm just a grumpy old man.
The internet could be interpreted as a positive or a negative

And I agree 110% with you on the bolded part

I guess you could say we have evolved in some of our thinking (like gay rights and tolerance of marijuana )

Old 12-08-2011, 12:47 PM

10,016 posts, read 12,585,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strel View Post
here we go

ALL FORMS ARE TRANSITIONAL.

That statement is so completely wrong it hurts to read it!!!!
If it was true we would see transitional forms wouldn't we?????

There are none, not in nature and not in the fossil record. It's a typical argument though. Completely false and without a foundation of any sort.
Darwin himself had trouble with this. "Where are the transitional examples"? he said. "Why do we see order when our theory should show non order with millions of examples of organisms in a transitional stage"?

Darwin based his hopes for the future of his theory on his near certainty that these transitional forms would indeed be found. They never have been and they never will be because they don't exist.

Old 12-08-2011, 12:54 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,949,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowledgeiskey View Post
Darwinism is real. lol

I don't know why many fail to agree, but they rather believe in some book written hundreds of years ago. Most scientists have proven Darwinism on so many scales, so why do most humans won't buy it?
Some people remain Ignorant through their own will, ignoring Science is nothing new.

Old 12-08-2011, 12:59 PM

To use disbelief in God as an argument to support evolution is the biggest STRAW MAN reasoning I have come across in my lifetime. Prove your theory with evidence not by the absurd and truely stupid, it must be true because the other guy is wrong. That line of reasoning would not be accepted anywhere else but in this particular case.

Whoever used this lame defence is exposed for what they are. THEY ARE FULL OF FEAR THAT THE OTHER SIDE MIGHT BE CORRECT SO THEY STOOP TO DEVICES THAT MAKE THEM APPEAR TO BE FOOLS. Prove your scientific theories on the proof alone not on any other basis. If they would not be so afraid there could be some supernatural element to it and just stuck to the real facts they uncover just maybe they could prove something someday. AS IT IS THEY ARE JUST PROVING THEMSELVES TO BE FOOLS.

Old 12-08-2011, 01:07 PM

939 posts, read 1,025,419 times
Quote:
Darwinism is real. lol

I don't know why many fail to agree, but they rather believe in some book written hundreds of years ago. Most scientists have proven Darwinism on so many scales, so why do most humans won't buy it?
Because we're not as gullible as you?

Old 12-08-2011, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Darwinism is real. lol

So. I ask again, let's see some of this proof. All of their so called proofs are nothing but a house of cards that come crashing down because they have no structure or foundation in fact. The most basic foundations the theory rests upon are so easily disproven and that's a fact the evolutionists can not get around and it's also why they are so frustrated and angry when they get called on it.

The strangest thing to me about evolutionists is that their belief in this theory is only based on FAITH. Since there are no proofs and there are many disproofs any belief must be based on faith alone and that is exactly their argument against creationism.

Old 12-08-2011, 01:41 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,797,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by logline View Post
The burden of proof is placed on those who make the outrageous claims of it being true in the first place. There obviously was no 40 days of rain... no Noah to put all the animals of the world on an Ark (as if that was even possible!).... no Jesus who died and came back to life... who turned water into wine.... no talking snake convincing a woman to eat a magic apple. NOTHING.

Asking someone to disprove a negative is intellectually dishonest on your part. The burden of proof is on YOU, my friend. You prove it's real.

Asking others to do your mental homework for you is a pointless exercise in absurdity. It's like asking someone to prove there are no unicorns. You can't because no one can prove a negative.
and you can prove it didn't happen?

Old 12-08-2011, 01:47 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,558,965 times
Lightbulb Why do Most People Fail to Believe in Darwinism When it Has Been Proven on so Many Instances?

Because evolution isn't an article of faith.

Belief requires no thought or effort. You just go ahead and buy into it. Done.

Physical reality?

Some of that stuff is counterintuitive and takes a little effort to get your head around it.

Some make the effort. Others won't.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies