Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-08-2011, 04:07 PM

20,169 posts, read 24,340,157 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by knowledgeiskey View Post
Why didn't God explain evolution in the scriptures?

No where in the bible bacteria was mentioned.
Again, you are confusing the purpose of things with the mechanics of their manifestation. The two are not synonymous. That's what makes this whole controversy so meaningless.

I mean, antibiotics are not mentioned in the Bible, but thank God we've got them.

Comprende?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2011, 04:10 PM

3,498 posts, read 2,219,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post
Again, you are confusing the purpose of things with the mechanics of their manifestation. The two are not synonymous. That's what makes this whole controversy so meaningless.

I mean, antibiotics are not mentioned in the Bible, but thank God we've got them.

Comprende?
You can also thank biologist Alexander Fleming while you are at it.

Old 12-08-2011, 04:17 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,399,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
I fully believe in evolution, but you make excellent points that I have also pondered myself.

I fully believe that evolution explains how life evolved, after the point at which life began.

Acknowledging that evolution doesn't explain everything doesn't mean you aren't turning your back on science. Its why its a Theory still, but it did, and does happen still.

Old 12-08-2011, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strel View Post
here we go

It doesn't try to, and never has. That's not part of evolutionary theory. That's abiogenesis.

So, wrong.

This evidences a serious misunderstanding of evolutionary science. No missing link is required. The very idead of a "missing link" makes no sense.

ALL FORMS ARE TRANSITIONAL.

This is a bogus argument against evolution.

I'm not arguing against evolution. I'm just saying that it has holes, and that the holes is where people still hold out hope that it isn't real, and that God exists.

Evolution doesn't explain away God, it just explains how life has progressed, since the beginning of life. How that life began, no one knows.

You seem to think I'm attacking evolution, I'm not, I'm just answering the OP's question, on why there are still questions about it.

Old 12-08-2011, 04:25 PM

10,793 posts, read 13,550,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowledgeiskey View Post
Darwinism is real. lol

I don't know why many fail to agree, but they rather believe in some book written hundreds of years ago. Most scientists have proven Darwinism on so many scales, so why do most humans won't buy it?
Here we go again...........

Old 12-08-2011, 04:30 PM

4,042 posts, read 3,530,846 times
Oh heck, I'll take a shot at this one.

I guess it's the principle behind folks being cynical and no-longer trusting what the experts say in way, too many cases and then them being discovered for their errors, lies or revelations of "tampered evidence."

Sorta like the recent revelation of the Climategate emails.

Also like when they find out that often studies have been financed by other than objective sources, like Big Pharma bankrolling a study that supposedly proves that some drug or immunization is safe and doing no harm.

It's having some of the experts now claim that "there are problems" with carbon dating, etc. etc.

Old 12-08-2011, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by citizenkane2 View Post
Here we go again...........

Do you have evidence that disproves the Theory of Evolution and the fossil record that proves it?

Old 12-08-2011, 04:44 PM

10,016 posts, read 12,583,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
Do you have evidence that disproves the Theory of Evolution and the fossil record that proves it?
This is classic Orwellian double speak. The fossil record PROVES evolution to be a myth. They are still looking for one dingle little link after 200 freakin years of loking for one. Sure they will pull out a fragment of a single bone they have built a complete species around but it's nothing at all but a load of CRAP.

Old 12-08-2011, 04:47 PM

7,871 posts, read 10,135,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty011 View Post
Tragic for those who believe in fairy tales.
That's what I mean.

Old 12-08-2011, 04:48 PM

7,871 posts, read 10,135,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
I'm not arguing against evolution. I'm just saying that it has holes, and that the holes is where people still hold out hope that it isn't real, and that God exists.

Evolution doesn't explain away God, it just explains how life has progressed, since the beginning of life. How that life began, no one knows.

You seem to think I'm attacking evolution, I'm not, I'm just answering the OP's question, on why there are still questions about it.
I read your post too fast.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies