Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-08-2011, 01:48 PM

10,190 posts, read 7,958,896 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucknow View Post
So. I ask again, let's see some of this proof. All of their so called proofs are nothing but a house of cards that come crashing down because they have no structure or foundation in fact. The most basic foundations the theory rests upon are so easily disproven and that's a fact the evolutionists can not get around and it's also why they are so frustrated and angry when they get called on it.

The strangest thing to me about evolutionists is that their belief in this theory is only based on FAITH. Since there are no proofs and there are many disproofs any belief must be based on faith alone and that is exactly their argument against creationism.

Good post
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2011, 01:58 PM

The Vanishing Case for Evolution

There is no proof to the theory of evolution.

Last edited by Scotty011; 12-08-2011 at 02:10 PM..

Old 12-08-2011, 01:59 PM

15,754 posts, read 7,600,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
Darwins theory explains how life multiplied and changed into the complex system and numbers of different life forms we have today, as well as the millions or more that have gone extinct before our written history. Darwin doesn't explain away God, unless you believe that God had hands on everything, all the time. Its simply a sticking point for some, how did life began?

The missing link I'm referring to is the one that most people who are unaware of what Darwins theory really is, want. The Gorilla begat Neanderthal begat humans, kind of example.

But, as I explained before, there are thousands of transitional species between species a and species z. No definitive missing link will ever be found. We aren't 100% sure of the transition from homo erectus to homo sapien, but its a good bet that it happened. No other species have been close enough to father ours.

And I believe the Theory of Evolution, I think it happened, it explains the abundance of life around us, and how life exploded after extinction events. God doesn't. God may explain creation, but in reality, we don't know what began life.
There is no Gorilla in human DNA, gnomes or the Neandertal. A good read:
A Draft Sequence of the Neandertal Genome

They are doing a take back on the phrase, "out of Africa", as advancement in science is proving this untrue.

Old 12-08-2011, 02:04 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,947,214 times
Quote:
So. I ask again, let's see some of this proof. All of their so called proofs are nothing but a house of cards that come crashing down because they have no structure or foundation in fact. The most basic foundations the theory rests upon are so easily disproven and that's a fact the evolutionists can not get around and it's also why they are so frustrated and angry when they get called on it.

The strangest thing to me about evolutionists is that their belief in this theory is only based on FAITH. Since there are no proofs and there are many disproofs any belief must be based on faith alone and that is exactly their argument against creationism.
If you actually knew anything about the subject you would Know that Every earth science backs up evolution as a fact. It is your claims that have fallen flat on their face since Darwin first presented his findings to the public and people such as yourself have tried and failed to disprove it. It is no longer consider a Theory, since the mountains of evidence have more than proven it to be the truth.
Oh, just so ya don't try and go there I am a Follower of Jesus, I jut do not underestimate GODs abilities.
Since it is always someone that holds that every word in Genesis is true, word for word, that gets into these discussions claiming science is a lie, let me ask you a question. When it comes right down to it why do you care, evolution does not disprove the existence of GOD, it only shows how wonderous his works truely are IMHO, I found it eye opening when I was studying both science and religion? Care to give an honest answer or can you see my point?

Old 12-08-2011, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by actonbell View Post
There is no Gorilla in human DNA, gnomes or the Neandertal. A good read:

They are doing a take back on the phrase, "out of Africa", as advancement in science is proving this untrue.
Genetics | The Smithsonian Institution's Human Origins Program
Ancient DNA and Neanderthals | The Smithsonian Institution's Human Origins Program
Human evolutionary genetics - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Neanderthal genomics and the evolution of modern humans
That took me a total of two whole minutes to find, and there were Many more, maybe you should broaden your Google Search in the future, you might get more than just what you are looking for and actually find some Facts.

Old 12-08-2011, 02:29 PM

7,871 posts, read 10,135,035 times
Quote:
That statement is so completely wrong it hurts to read it!!!!
If it was true we would see transitional forms wouldn't we?????

There are none, not in nature and not in the fossil record. It's a typical argument though. Completely false and without a foundation of any sort.
Darwin himself had trouble with this. "Where are the transitional examples"? he said. "Why do we see order when our theory should show non order with millions of examples of organisms in a transitional stage"?

Darwin based his hopes for the future of his theory on his near certainty that these transitional forms would indeed be found. They never have been and they never will be because they don't exist.
I am embarrassed for you.

Old 12-08-2011, 02:45 PM

10,016 posts, read 12,583,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
If you actually knew anything about the subject you would Know that Every earth science backs up evolution as a fact. It is your claims that have fallen flat on their face since Darwin first presented his findings to the public and people such as yourself have tried and failed to disprove it. It is no longer consider a Theory, since the mountains of evidence have more than proven it to be the truth.
Oh, just so ya don't try and go there I am a Follower of Jesus, I jut do not underestimate GODs abilities.
Since it is always someone that holds that every word in Genesis is true, word for word, that gets into these discussions claiming science is a lie, let me ask you a question. When it comes right down to it why do you care, evolution does not disprove the existence of GOD, it only shows how wonderous his works truely are IMHO, I found it eye opening when I was studying both science and religion? Care to give an honest answer or can you see my point?
Here is another one claiming all these proofs. Well , let's hear them. Since you claim there are mountains of evidence just give us a tiny little mound. I know you won't because it's not there and you don't want to give me the chance to demolish whatever nonsence proofs you come up with.

Why do I care? What kind of a question is that? I care because I care about the truth of things and not some fairy tale.

Same reason I care when politicians say that by giving all the breaks to the super rich it is good for the poor. It's a lie and there is no truth in it at all. They have nothing to back it up and I just hate it when lies are believed to be the truth in any field.

Old 12-08-2011, 02:58 PM

7,871 posts, read 10,135,035 times
Quote:
Here is another one claiming all these proofs. Well , let's hear them. Since you claim there are mountains of evidence just give us a tiny little mound. I know you won't because it's not there and you don't want to give me the chance to demolish whatever nonsence proofs you come up with.

Why do I care? What kind of a question is that? I care because I care about the truth of things and not some fairy tale.

Same reason I care when politicians say that by giving all the breaks to the super rich it is good for the poor. It's a lie and there is no truth in it at all. They have nothing to back it up and I just hate it when lies are believed to be the truth in any field.
It does seem to be the case that you get both things wrong for the same reasons.

Old 12-08-2011, 03:04 PM

Quote:

//www.city-data.com/forum/22038087-post105.html
Start there, slick. Oh, relax, your gonna burst something at that rate

Old 12-08-2011, 03:16 PM

[SIZE=4]Ranks of Scientists Doubting Darwin’s Theory on the Rise
CSC - Ranks of Scientists Doubting Darwin’s Theory on the Rise
[/SIZE]
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies