Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-01-2012, 10:59 AM

8,877 posts, read 13,921,444 times

Advertisements

I went to the local Wendy's last night since I was going to CFA today. I was surprised to see this on the Wendy's sign: "We Stand With Chik Fil A".

Old 08-01-2012, 11:00 AM

1,851 posts, read 2,154,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dnvrsoul View Post
No Actually I'm not ignorant but thanks...I went because I DO NOT CARE!

If he actually came out and said I don't employ homosexuals and I hate them...well yes I'd stop...but Chick Fila A is a christian business...duh! Why don't you take a look at other companies who engage in shady business practices ??? Yes that would be too easy though huh?

Plus the last time I checked this is America-the land of the free?
No, you are ignorant. This issue with Cathy and CFA is all about...........

CFA & Cathy donating money to bigoted, discriminatory organizations/institutions who purposely target homosexuals to be discriminated against.....through law and policy. THAT is what this is all about.

This nonsense about what Cathy said is irrelevent to any thinking human being. His words are his words, I couldn't care less about what he says. Cathy and CFA WANT people like you to be singularily focused on what he said and get suckered into believing this about 'Freedom Of Speech". But it is not. It's a tactical distraction to stear the issue away from WHAT Cathy and CFA Do.

It's what he and CFA Do...that is an issue.

Do you get it, now?

Old 08-01-2012, 11:04 AM

11,431 posts, read 19,008,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southernnaturelover View Post
It is gross. The breading on their chicken is soggy like its wet or something. I don't understand why so many people like it.
Sometimes their chicken is good and sometimes not so good. Imo, their better tasting chicken is when it's a thin breast, not thick. I think that this boycott will benefit CFA in the short term, but not in the long term.

Old 08-01-2012, 11:04 AM

8,323 posts, read 15,175,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stripes17 View Post
I went to the local Wendy's last night since I was going to CFA today. I was surprised to see this on the Wendy's sign: "We Stand With Chik Fil A".
Do you mind providing a picture?

Old 08-01-2012, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stripes17 View Post
Well, you ARE in No Carolina. They probably felt that it was good for their business to promote anti-gay values.

Old 08-01-2012, 11:06 AM

13,163 posts, read 1,702,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gallowsCalibrator View Post

Nobody said that CFA was a bad place to eat or how horrible the conditions were.

A number of people here have said it's a bad place to eat, that the food is horrible, etc. That's slander because it's malicious and untrue.

The problem (yet again) is that profits are being used as donation money to organizations like FRC and Exodus.

I'm not familiar with FRC but I do know Exodus. With all the outpouring of hate, why not talk to people who have been helped by Exodus. After all, even gays might have to admit that some people may suffer from an identity confusion and only think they are gay (drawn in by the fun factor of sin) and really are not. Exodus is a good counseling organization and people go there voluntarily because they don't want to be gay. Why would you deny them that choice?

The boycott is not a mass call to stop people from eating there. It's a personal decision that each person makes for themselves.

It does appear ato be a "mass call" to stop people from patronizing this business.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NMyTree View Post
I've known about what CFA & Cathy do in donating money to bigoted, discriminatory organizations who purposely target homosexuals to be discriminated against.....through law and policy; for at least two years.

And that is the issue at hand.

But CFA and Cathy WANT Americans/"Christians" to believe it's all about 'Freedom of Speech". They know a large majority of Americans and 'Christians" are gullible, ignorant and and always ready to hop on board with some fascist, hateful agenda; if it's framed as being "Biblically Correct". Cathy is no idiot. He knows exactly what he's doing and has known for a long time. These people who are hopping on-board with CFA and Cathy, are nothing more than your typical poorly educated, sadly ignorant, disgracefully hateful trash.

The propaganda to try and sell this issue as a question of "Freedom Of Speech" is so pathetically transparent and obvious. But only the ignorant sockpuppets are taking the bait and swallowing the hook. Anyone who truely steps back, researches this issue, checks the history of this issue with CFA and uses their brain (if they have a brain, to begin with); immediately realizes that what CFA has been doing for a long time now, is dispicable, fascist and without a doubt....UnAmerican. Cathy (and CFA) are pissing on The Constitution and betraying everything America was founded on and stands for.
And as always with these self-righteous weasels, one thing always leads to another. First it's homosexuals and women. Then, maybe it will be guys with long hair. Then, women who have tatoos (even if it's just one small tatoo) Or maybe fat people will be next. And then ......they'll find another target group who doesn't meet the 'Biblically Correct" requirements of the self-righteous, fascist bigots.

But it is WHAT PEOPLE DO that truely matters and that is what needs to be evaluated. And what Cathy and CFA have been doing for such a long time, it disgraceful and treasonous.

Wow. Look who is calling others hateful. Tolerance and clear thinking at its best, right? And people like this represent the left/gay and pro-gay contingent.

Old 08-01-2012, 11:09 AM

10,031 posts, read 15,683,188 times
Wendy's:

Wendy's Franchises Post Signs: 'We Stand with Chick-Fil-A': PHOTOS| News | Towleroad

Old 08-01-2012, 11:09 AM

Default Chick Fil A to sponsor gay pride fest in Nashua, New Hampshire!

Chick-Fil-A To Sponsor Gay Pride Fest In Nashua, New Hampshire

Could this be true? I'm not sure that I'd want to accept their food if I were them. They'd probably use spoiled chicken and stale waffle fries to give to the gays.

I wonder if the Cathys know about this?

Old 08-01-2012, 11:10 AM

1,851 posts, read 2,154,766 times
On a side note....

It's equally disturbing to see that so many of you eat so much of this fast-food cr@p and actually plan out your days/" dining " there.

No wonder this country has so many obese, unhealthy people.

As for Wendy's: another corporation desperately throwing their hat into the ring, as to draw more attention/publicity to themselves. The sockpuppets swallow the hook, line and sinker.

What a sad state of affairs, in this country.

The ability to think for oneself, in America, has become a thing of the past.

Nothing but partisan sockpuppets and biased religious bigots.

Oh, I'm sure I'll see every single one you sockpuppet religious bandwagoneers at church on sunday

LMAO!!!

Old 08-01-2012, 11:10 AM

11,466 posts, read 19,358,545 times
Default Chick Fil A and boycott

What it is really about is that the Homosexuals can't stand it when someone has a different belief than them which makes the Homosexuals BIGOTS and intolerant of others beliefs which is the same thing they claim others are which then adds hypocrite to their status. Everybody see's this and it has backfired on the homosexuals.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies