Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-01-2012, 11:31 AM

6,125 posts, read 7,476,777 times

Advertisements

HUGE lines at a multitude of Chick-fil-As all over the country are being reported.

Hopefully today will break a new sales record for the company.

Hey *******s - can you say 'back-fire'?

Old 08-01-2012, 11:32 AM

24,418 posts, read 23,076,143 times
I tried to eat at my local Chick Fil A today for lunch but was driven off by the sheer number of people trying to eat there. I couldn't get into the parking lot for drive thru even with a cop directing traffic so I tried going into it to get an orde rto go. At first thought the crowd wasn't too bad until I saw the line going out the door and onto the sidewalk. I didn't have a half hour to wait to get served so I had to bail. Lots of moms with their kids, lots of senior citizens. They could have done twice the business had people not been turned off by the congestion.
There was a protest outside. About 8 or 10 people with signs, one had a rainbow sign and one with a rainbow clown wig. They seemed in high spirits and were orderly. Some people did honk as they went by. I felt a little bad for them. To me they'e just pawns who had their message stolen by hate merchants and political animals. A business owner makes a political statement, they disagree and thats fine for both. The idea of a boycott was silly and blew up on them largely by negative messages from the left. Then the right hit back and got just as ugly and it escalated.
I would have left it go( even though I do like Chick Fil A and eat there frequently anyway) but the Rahm Emmanuels and idiot mayors trying to thwart the free market and stop the peoples right to have their opinions and freedom to eat where they please was just too much.
Agree to disagree and leave it at that. Don't demand to have your views forced on others unless you're willing to have others views forced on you. Nobody will ever have all or even most of their beliefs shared by everybody. If you're lucky, maybe some of your views will be shared by some people and be taken seriously. As lomng as theres dissent and arguing, we know we're still on the right track.

Old 08-01-2012, 11:32 AM

8,227 posts, read 11,149,703 times
LOL. That's going to have the Lib nutjobs in a frenzy.

Old 08-01-2012, 11:33 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,214,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Bricks View Post
And liberals dont give money to groups they agree with? Liberals are such hypocrites. The CEO of Amazon supports gay marriage and gives money to groups that support it. I disagree with him, should I start protestin AMAZON?

Amazon CEO Jeff Bezos gives $2.5M to support gay marriage - latimes.com
Did the CEO of Amazon make a donation of company money in the company name? OR Did the CEO make a donation of his money in his personal name.

8,346 posts, read 7,046,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Bricks View Post
And liberals dont give money to groups they agree with? Liberals are such hypocrites. The CEO of Amazon supports gay marriage and gives money to groups that support it. I disagree with him, should I start protestin AMAZON?

Amazon CEO Jeff Bezos gives $2.5M to support gay marriage - latimes.com
If you want to, sure.

Here's the thing about boycotts: Not everyone is forced to participate in them. If you support Chic-Fil-A, by all means, feel free to continue going to the fast food joint. If you don't like Amazon's policy of supporting homosexuals, by all means, don't give them your money. We typically don't care either way.

It's that easy.

5,524 posts, read 9,940,895 times
Cheapskate.

Old 08-01-2012, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by highcotton View Post
HUGE lines at a multitude of Chick-fil-As all over the country are being reported.

Old 08-01-2012, 11:35 AM

17,805 posts, read 13,703,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
I guess everybody will be boycotting em now. Oh wait anyone who isn't a liberal loon usually doesn't run around flapping their arms screaming about nonsense. Carry on.
No RWNJs mostly scream nonsense about Disney, Wells Fargo, and about anybody that dared advertise on Will and Grace.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
Did the CEO of Amazon make a donation of company money in the company name? OR Did the CEO make a donation of his money in his personal name.
Does it matter? The point is he supports something I don't, but I would never try to silence him with the threat of boycott. That's he right to voice his opinion.

8,346 posts, read 7,046,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by highcotton View Post

Anyone who thinks this boycott has "back-fired" really doesn't understand what's going on.

We don't care if people still go to chic-fil-a. We are just refusing to do so. If you want to join us int he boycott, feel free. If you don't, that's okay too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies