Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which Minority has the worst entitlement mentality?
African Americans 87 48.33%
Hispanic/Latinos 8 4.44%
Muslims 7 3.89%
Gays/Lesbians 13 7.22%
Other 65 36.11%
Voters: 180. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-23-2011, 06:41 PM

3,390 posts, read 4,950,930 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
Well golly gee,

I don't care what people think. I would NEVER EVER discriminate against people like that. I go to school in an all Muslim city and live in the heart of Detroit. I take everyone as individuals like they should be. These thoughts only come to me when they are in a group.

I am so sick and tired of signs around my campus about "Islamic awareness" and meetings and seminars. They used MY TUITION MONEY to make the Muslims a special bathroom to wash their feet!

Come on now. It is not possible to not think these thoughts at least once in your lifetime.

FWIW, this guy (the OP) is the genuine article, and what I mean by that "the real deal." OR, to put it succinctly, an honest and decent person who is just putting it out there for discussion and not to troll.

But liberalvoice, society today is FAR TOO PC today to have a normal discussion on such a topic. Be prepared for a "good raking" over the coals. I do have to say that you mostly have your liberal counterparts to thank for that.

Respectfully

Old 12-23-2011, 06:44 PM

3,390 posts, read 4,950,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinm View Post
You forgot the "poor white trash" welfare queens who claim "I didn't ask to be born!" and think the country owes them because "we are Americans" and "we are the future".
For sure there are a hell of a LOT of unproductive white people on the doll as well. I sure don't say otherwise.

Old 12-23-2011, 07:51 PM
LML

7,100 posts, read 9,112,238 times
Worst entitlement mentality? White males who seem to believe that it all actually belongs to them and anyone else who gets a piece must have took it from them.

Old 03-11-2012, 04:27 PM

73,020 posts, read 62,622,338 times
Entitlement mentality is across the board in terms of ethnicities. How it is manifested can differ.

Old 03-11-2012, 04:33 PM

11,431 posts, read 19,003,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
BEFORE you start and claim I am racist, I am a minority female myself who is just sick and tired of all the minorities in this country crying and complaining for no reason. If your "group" is disadvantaged, instead of crying about it, why don't you WORK TOGETHER to fix it?

My father came here and worked his ass off without a single penny from welfare.

Yes, I know. Whites have the entitlement mentality too but I still think minorities (especially those from 3rd world cultures) have it worse. But THEY ARE NOT A MINORITY. Come on now!

And NO, this is not a troll thread. Not saying these phrases stereotype every member of the group. Just giving the most common cries of being victimized by them.

RESULTS ARE PUBLIC, FYI!!!

__________________________________________________ ____________________________________________

So my options are (no particular order):

1) African Americans- "The White Man has kept us down for so long! Obama gonna pay for my gas and mortgage. I have 15 kids and SOMEONE has to pay up for me!! People owe me because my grandfathers great grandpa was a slave! Wah!!"

2) Hispanic/Latinos- "We deserve every right to be here despite the fact that we broke this nations laws and gave birth to babies that weren't even supposed to be here. We want welfare, healthcare and food stamps and more. We pray the people of the USA listen to god (pull out THAT card again, now why don't we?) and open their hearts (even though we kill our own illegals)! We DREAM (yuck)! Wah!"

3) Muslims- "Lowes pulled their ad from our show. Wah! They hate us! How dare Abercrombie and Fitch fire me for not letting me wear a Hijab in their store which is obviously not conservative? Why do Americans hate us so much......we want to build a mosque right by Ground Zero!! Wait, you named your Teddy Bear Muhammed? WE KILL YOU! You looked at me the wrong way? YOU ARE AN ISLAMOPHOBE! HOW DARE YOU! YOU ARE ALL IGNORANT. We are always the victims. 100 percent! WAH! "

4) Gays and lesbians-(NOTE I AM 100 PERCENT FOR GAY MARRIAGE AND RIGHTS) "We have the plight similar to African Americans! Everyone should be ok with seeing some boy on boy or girl on girl actions. What is wrong with that? I do not understand why anyone would be opposed! Wah!"

5) Other- Can't think of any other groups. Post them if you want!

I have to say that Chinese and Indians despite being minorities are more focused on being productive and improving themselves. If you can think of any of their entitlement mentality cries, post them. Is this why India and China are owning it...?
You've obviously have never left your cocoon. If you visit southern calif, you would find that armenians, russians, vietnamese, filipinos have the worst entitlement mentalities of all.

Old 03-11-2012, 04:35 PM

33,016 posts, read 27,458,643 times
Homeowners. They believe they're entitled to mortgage interest deductions, homestead exemptions (from property taxes), property tax deferrals, mortgage modifications, foreclosure bailouts, it's incredible.

Old 03-11-2012, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by freemkt View Post
Homeowners. They believe they're entitled to mortgage interest deductions, homestead exemptions (from property taxes), property tax deferrals, mortgage modifications, foreclosure bailouts, it's incredible.
LOL. How about married people with kids? They want EVERY deduction to pay the least amount of taxes, yet use the greatest amount of services.

Old 03-11-2012, 04:39 PM

4,534 posts, read 4,930,400 times
"Woe is me" whites are pretty bad

Old 03-11-2012, 04:40 PM

33,016 posts, read 27,458,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
LOL. How about married people with kids? They want EVERY deduction to pay the least amount of taxes, yet use the greatest amount of services.

You win.

Old 03-11-2012, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fibonacci View Post
"Woe is me" whites are pretty bad
Yes, they ARE the worse. White people have it so rough in this country.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies