Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which Minority has the worst entitlement mentality?
African Americans 87 48.33%
Hispanic/Latinos 8 4.44%
Muslims 7 3.89%
Gays/Lesbians 13 7.22%
Other 65 36.11%
Voters: 180. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2012, 08:34 PM

1,610 posts, read 1,782,889 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone-Ranger View Post
If you folks think that we have a problem now with the present minorities, just wait until you have both muslims and indians sowing their seeds and breed like minks and start taking over, you may whine about the hispanics taking over spots at public schools and lower end jobs but wait until indians start owning big corporate companies and use their lobying powers to start up the immigration process full steam to get families and distant relatives to come here and start expanding. Then you'll really have something to whine about. You only have to look at what has happened in europe and from what i saw first hand in england. I've said it many times, indians and muslims alike will never bleed for this country nor fully assimilate.

I'm no hispanic but at least they dont run like chicken*****s like those indians or muslims, and yes i am in the minority bracket, whose kind has bled for this country many times over and have not relied on welfare.
The scary part about Indians in particular is that their business oriented and tend to hire family in positions first, blacks and Hispanics don't do that but Indians, it's usually a family thing.

Old 03-11-2012, 08:36 PM

16,880 posts, read 15,203,858 times
the only group of people that have the entire entitlement mentality can be discribed by only 1 word.

politicians

Old 03-11-2012, 08:45 PM

88,605 posts, read 84,838,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
the only group of people that have the entire entitlement mentality can be discribed by only 1 word.

politicians
Ding ding ding. Prize for best answer.

Old 03-11-2012, 08:51 PM

254 posts, read 202,703 times
I can tell you which majority group has the worst entitlement mentality.

Christians

Old 03-11-2012, 08:57 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,450,261 times
I feel the Theliberalvoice is right on. But any person who sucks the system dry, and expects to be entitled, and in return, give nothing back, and use the system, is plain ignorant.

I will not say a race, any person, period who feels this way is so wrong.

There are many but in reality, i have freinds who work thruout the Country in S.S. offices, they tell me the majortiy are miniorites, but are seeing more whites also.
The problem is those who lie, and cheat, when filling out their paper work, when found out they become irate, and even violent, when they are the ones who tried to cheat the system. That is what sickens me also, i been told by a friend, there are many younger people today, who feel that they are entitled, and don't have to work.
Let me tell ya something, a little hard work, never killed anyone.

Old 03-11-2012, 09:11 PM

16,880 posts, read 15,203,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atheist Liberal View Post
I can tell you which majority group has the worst entitlement mentality.

Christians

nope, not even close. please read this post to see the group of people that think entitlements are their right.

//www.city-data.com/forum/23364927-post172.html

Old 03-11-2012, 09:43 PM

7,237 posts, read 12,745,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiRob View Post
Well golly gee! Why would anybody ever think you are a racist with such exacting and truthfull stereotypes!

how about "Wealthy Whites" : We worked hard for our money so we deserve tax cuts! We also don't have to pay Social Security taxes if we make more than $100,000+ a year! Oh and if we invest in the stock market and make Capital Gains don't tax me at the highest personal tax bracket of 36% but only at 15%! If my business loses money I can deduct those losses over years off the gains I made in a good year!
Yeah, the entitlement attitude is most rampant amongst the wealthy.

Old 03-11-2012, 10:12 PM

5,719 posts, read 6,449,725 times
Angry white men do.

Old 03-11-2012, 10:18 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,716,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone-Ranger View Post
If you folks think that we have a problem now with the present minorities, just wait until you have both muslims and indians sowing their seeds and breed like minks and start taking over, you may whine about the hispanics taking over spots at public schools and lower end jobs but wait until indians start owning big corporate companies and use their lobying powers to start up the immigration process full steam to get families and distant relatives to come here and start expanding. Then you'll really have something to whine about. You only have to look at what has happened in europe and from what i saw first hand in england. I've said it many times, indians and muslims alike will never bleed for this country nor fully assimilate.

I'm no hispanic but at least they dont run like chicken*****s like those indians or muslims, and yes i am in the minority bracket, whose kind has bled for this country many times over and have not relied on welfare.
Except that Indians at least are willing to speak English and are not very obnoxious about their religion. Nor do they think their skin color or religion should get them a pass on everything.

As far as the hispanic immigrants, you almost never see them hire non-Spanish speaking at their businesses and they do run like chicken*****s from their own countries, even though they have democracy and countries rich in natural resources.

It's never good though to give one nationality or group total control over the immigration and to dominate it completely. It's much healthier to have a good mix of immigrants but a mix that can learn English and adapt to our culture.

Old 03-11-2012, 10:23 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,716,559 times
I really don't see why "African-Americans" are "winning" this poll. Of all the groups that demand this and that, at least the AA's have some half-way good reasons for their demands.

There actually was a history of slavery and racism, institutionalized racism that kept them back. At least for AA's affirmative action makes some sense, but it makes absolutely no sense for any immigrant group to make demands. AA's might have a valid reason to want quotas, but all those people who won't stay in their own countries and change them but think they should have everything made easy for them in this country really have no argument.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies