Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-21-2011, 04:47 AM

9,617 posts, read 6,067,889 times

Advertisements

Janelle, I appreciate the spirit of your post, but the Obama progressive stimulus was not about reviving, or even saving the economy. It was mostly about rewarding political supporters.
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
You must live on another planet. You don't know Obama has spent trillions of dollars in stimulus to get the economy going again? The GOP is trying to get spending under control and stop it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2011, 04:48 AM

3,160 posts, read 4,368,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCobb View Post
Well, it looks like the Republicans are wasting no time crashing the economy. I guess the good economic news of the past few weeks was too much for them. Time to start up the old wrecking crew. Thanks Republicans.

Payroll tax deadlock could hit economy - Dec. 20, 2011

where were you the first two years of Obama The Idiot's first two years of office ?

Old 12-21-2011, 04:53 AM

If we're all concerned about getting this economy going again, then we'd really talk about the rash ineffectiveness, waste of resources, and non-productive work involved in people changing W-4s every couple of months. Surely, no productive enterprise changes its direction every two months.

Even a blind man can tell pudding from B.S.

Old 12-21-2011, 04:54 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,863,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by earthlyfather View Post
Only when it scores political points for the progressives. Ever hear the expression, "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder."?

Spot on for your observation.
When the WSJ jumps on you, Repubs are lost, don't you think?

Review & Outlook: The GOP's Payroll Tax Fiasco - WSJ.com

Old 12-21-2011, 04:55 AM

No Bob, I do not.
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
When the WSJ jumps on you, Repubs are lost, don't you think?

Review & Outlook: The GOP's Payroll Tax Fiasco - WSJ.com

Old 12-21-2011, 04:59 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,863,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by earthlyfather View Post
No Bob, I do not.
Don't feel bad, a lot of lost people never realize it until it hits them in the face. Correction is on the way in Nov.

Old 12-21-2011, 05:01 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,135,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
Investing in america to create jobs, rebuild our crumbling bridges and gridlocked roads is something all americans can appreciate. It was a collasal success under FDR and would be again. The GOP's policy of "give everything to the rich and they'll fix everything" has been proven failed again and again and again.
The GOP forced through 858 billion in new spending to extend the Bush tax cuts for the rich. If they were so successful and were "absolutely necessary for job creation", where's the jobs?
How many times do you need to be told that tax cuts are NOT spending? One would think by now you'd be embarassed for continuing to say the same thing over, and over

Old 12-21-2011, 05:03 AM

Quote:
I agree with you actually, Trapper. The Bush tax cuts should not be about class warfare. I disagree with Obama's plan to only increase taxes for the "rich" to pre-Bush levels. All taxes, on everyone, should go back to the 1990s level. It would raise a lot of much needed revenue.
No it wouldnt because revenues as a % of GDP is the same now, as the 1990's

Old 12-21-2011, 05:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
Except for the 4 trillion in cuts Obama and the dems proposed but the GOP absolutely refused to cut a penny of their outrageous spending, leading to the nation's credit downgrade.
Let's also not forget the 858 billion to force though the tax cuts to the rich extension.
I agree, someone has to live on another planet if they think the GOP gives a damn in even the slightest about the american people or a balanced budget.
Another lie you keep repeating. Where is this $4T in cuts proposal so we can read it?

Old 12-21-2011, 05:04 AM

46,315 posts, read 27,124,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddlehead View Post
I am starting to really hate both McConnell/Boehner and Pelosi/Reid. None of them have any interest in any bipartisan work. It is all about screwing the other side, all the damn time. I think we should throw the whole congressional leadership out and vote in some sensible people who can find some common ground and get something done. I don't doubt the Rs are throwing the people under the bus for partisan advantage, but the Ds do it too. I am tired of the never ending battles about EVERYTHING.
Quote:
Agreed.
You agreed with this comment, then why the he!! are you starting all this crap about ONLY the right?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies