Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2012, 09:37 AM

13,285 posts, read 15,304,138 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Remember this is the internet and we...
...take every statement to its most absurd possible conclusion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2012, 09:45 AM

8,732 posts, read 6,782,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Nor did I say any of the above.
Quote:
The public should be glad for people raising healthy children that will not become a burden on society when they get older.
Older/burden on society is generally a reference to those in their senior years. You are implying that children who were BF when they reach their senior years will not become a burden on society, as opposed to those who were bottle fed, who are more likely to be a burden???

Old 01-03-2012, 10:58 AM

3,484 posts, read 2,871,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post
Incredibly grateful??? Those medical costs would be on the parent. The healthier child belongs to the parent. Where does the gratitude of others come into play?
No. Medical costs are on all of us. Babies who are breastfed are less likely to get sick. This results in a reduction of medical costs for ALL of us. Yes, you should be grateful that I breastfeed. This means your premiums do not go up.

This is not in dispute. I am sorry you are unable to comprehend this simple fact.

Old 01-03-2012, 11:14 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,759,995 times
Quote:
Older/burden on society is generally a reference to those in their senior years. You are implying that children who were BF when they reach their senior years will not become a burden on society, as opposed to those who were bottle fed, who are more likely to be a burden???
That is how YOU interpret it. I work in pediatrics. I see a lot of kids who have chronic illesses. I implied NO SUCH THING!

As above, taking a statement to its most absurd possible conclusion.

Old 01-03-2012, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleanora1 View Post
No. Medical costs are on all of us. Babies who are breastfed are less likely to get sick. This results in a reduction of medical costs for ALL of us. Yes, you should be grateful that I breastfeed. This means your premiums do not go up.

This is not in dispute. I am sorry you are unable to comprehend this simple fact.
You are going to have to do alot more for me to be grateful to you, nor shall I be angry towards parents who bottle feed as their children, according to your logic, apparently contribute to the rise in insurance premiums.

BTW, I had responded to one of your posts wherein you made quite a few assumptions about me and I asked you to support those assumptions. Haven't seen them.

Old 01-03-2012, 11:28 AM

Quote:
That is how YOU interpret it. I work in pediatrics. I see a lot of kids who have chronic illesses. I implied NO SUCH THING!

As above, taking a statement to its most absurd possible conclusion.
I don't know how much stretch you have left to your arguments. It might help if you aren't so vague in your posts and provide more detail for people to work with rather than having to "read your mind".

Old 01-03-2012, 11:34 AM

Quote:
I don't know how much stretch you have left to your arguments. It might help if you aren't so vague in your posts and provide more detail for people to work with rather than having to "read your mind".
I don't expect anyone to read my mind. I do expect them to take my posts in the spirit in which they are intended, and not start talking about the elderly in a breast feeding thread.

Old 01-03-2012, 11:40 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,783,759 times
Mammary glands are for feeding babies. They are why we are mammals. I have absolutely no problem with women feeding their babies where ever they want. That is what people do and should do if they desire.

I can only guess that some are offended because breasts are supposed to be toys not tools. or they are unremitting prudes. In that case get over yourselves.

Old 01-03-2012, 11:41 AM

20 posts, read 27,288 times
Quote:
Oh, please. You actually know that your child will not fall ill at any time in his/her life? Breastfeeding has it's benefits, but never falling ill or guaranteeing good health in later years - 50s, 60s, 70s - as opposed to those who weren't breasfed, are not two of them.

So now people should be glad and incredibly grateful?? Maybe you think people should go up to nursing mothers and thank them?

I completely agree. Although breastfeeding is amazing and has many benefits I don't believe that it is any healthier than bottlefeeding. I was breastfed as a baby and got sick a bit too often, yet my sister who was never breastfed was hardly ever sick. Also, breastfeeding only benefits the parents and their babies because its easier, cheaper and cleaner but it doesn't really do anything for anybody else. Although, we mothers would like to think so.

Old 01-03-2012, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cristina86 View Post
I completely agree. Although breastfeeding is amazing and has many benefits I don't believe that it is any healthier than bottlefeeding. I was breastfed as a baby and got sick a bit too often, yet my sister who was never breastfed was hardly ever sick. Also, breastfeeding only benefits the parents and their babies because its easier, cheaper and cleaner but it doesn't really do anything for anybody else. Although, we mothers would like to think so.
You can agree till hell freezes a six foot crust, but it's not what I said. I have explained that above, so I don't get why you are posting this. The poster you quoted went off on a tangent.

Breast feeding has many benefits beyond easier, cheaper and cleaner, and MANY would disagree that it's easier, at least at the beginning. I thought so, but I've had friends who couldn't get the hang of it and switched to bottles.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies