Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2012, 06:34 AM

6,486 posts, read 6,392,191 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawdustmaker View Post
That's not really true - meaning breast milk keeps kids healthier than their formula fed counterparts.

The stats tend to lie where the educated are the majority of the breast feeders. Meaning that the parents of the bf'd kids have a clue and the kids are tended to appropriately - from prenatal care on up. Taken for well-visits and to the doctor when the sniffles ensue, etc. A child's health or not, is not based on bf'ing alone. If it were: children in 3rd world countries would be bullet proof by now.
If you're suggesting that breastfeeding and good health are merely correlates, and that parents who breastfeed just happen to take better care of their children in other ways (which is the real deciding factor), I'd have to see some documentation. As they didn't determine breastfeeding helps prevent illness by conducting correlational studies. They know what's IN breast milk; they've examined it and learned what it specifically does.

No one's saying that breastfeeding makes children invulnerable to illness or bad health. But it's pretty much common knowledge that it does more in the beginning stages of life to ward off illness as it carries natural antibodies to do just that, plus it is more easily digested than formula. Of course, in a couple years, there may be little difference between a child who was breastfed and one who wasn't. So it isn't the one RIGHT way to feed your child, but it is the best in the beginning.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2012, 07:04 PM

13,285 posts, read 15,312,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinylly View Post
They do have 'cover-ups' where a women can drape a cover over her breast and the baby while feeding. There is certainly nothing wrong with that and it shouldn't be an issue where anyone should take offense to breast feeding as long as there is proper modesty shown by the mother.
And I don't care if a woman works, or walks down the street. As long as there is proper modesty shown.

Old 01-06-2012, 07:06 PM

6,757 posts, read 8,288,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by filihok View Post
And I don't care if a woman works, or walks down the street. As long as there is proper modesty shown.

Goes double for men. All that scratching and spitting, ew.

Old 01-06-2012, 07:11 PM

7,284 posts, read 12,931,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AONE View Post
I really have no interest in seeing the feeding process and certainly don't want to while I'm eating. This is not something to share with the world, we really could care less.

I also think it a little extreme that a store be expected to add a feeding station.
Oh this is so ironic. You cannot stomach seeing the "feeding process" while YOU are eating. How about if no one wants to see YOUR feeding process?

Old 01-06-2012, 07:17 PM

11,944 posts, read 14,788,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rfr69 View Post
You can say it's natrual, healthy for a baby, etc and that's all true but sex, pooping, peeing, etc is all natural and it's not appropriate to do it in public. I think anything that's generally considered a private thing makes some people uncomfortable seeing it in public. Some women comment that if there's no other area they dont have a problem with it but if there is use it alot of women dont want to have a discussion with their children about that issue right on the spot in the middle of the mall when they see it.
I find it telling you equate breast feeding with defecation.

Good for the La Leche club. I'm behind them 100%. Whatever demented notions people harbor about a womans body functioning as God intended need to get the hell over themselves or hide in their house. I'm not willing to wear a burqa to pacify screwy idiots or robo cop store managers at any stage of my life. They're free to evict half the species from their stores and this nation if they're that hell bent.

Frankly, women with a lick of sense in their heads might realize they never had anything to lose when they're taxed without representation and laws enforced against them minus legitimate citizenship in a nation they were born in.

Old 01-06-2012, 08:37 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,481,895 times
Abnormal acts in public should be banned!!

[oh, wait...]

Old 01-08-2012, 08:02 PM

11,944 posts, read 14,788,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MIKEETC View Post
Abnormal acts in public should be banned!!

[oh, wait...]
HA! I want a ban on megalomaniac males and their masochistic evangelical enablers!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies