Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2012, 11:16 AM

68,330 posts, read 54,411,082 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynternight View Post
Your comment was directed to me and my opinions on the matter. What does the OP's opinion in regards to Coulter have to do with it?
Your comment was:"So once again the loony left manages to make everything a parisan(sic) issue"

The OP's past history of lauding Coulter's comments that are really no different than those of Colmes have everything to do with the fact it was made a partisan issue in square one, and NOT by anyone on the left.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2012, 11:21 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,215,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
This from a person who says Kwanzaa is a legitimate holiday.
Celebrating the completion of a nicely cooked ribeye is a legitimate holiday if one wants to celebrate it. Your beef is that you're in such a hurry to put down anything associated with black people for the entertainment of your white pals, that you said some dumbsh*t on that particular topic. So you know...whatever. That is that...and this is this.

Bringing home a fetus is nutty. Most of the world thinks it's nutty for a good reason. You can play dumb and pretend like it's normal, but it aint normal.

Old 01-03-2012, 11:23 AM

3,498 posts, read 2,219,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Bringing home a fetus is nutty. Most of the world thinks it's nutty for a good reason. You can play dumb and pretend like it's normal, but it aint normal.
Deep down inside many people would agree, but it's not politically correct to say it out loud.

Old 01-03-2012, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0marvin0 View Post
Frankly its nobody's business how the Santorums chose to deal with their tragedy. As long as they didn't break any laws everyone else should just butt out. Likewise the Santorums should just say they dealt with their grief as they saw fit and not give details.
Right, but they did give details. So folks are left to interpret that stuff anyway they like. They obviously put it out there to make an impression on people about how they feel about life.

Did they do so with the expectation that everyone would agree with them? I sure as hell hope not. The reason they put it out there is because it's an abnormal event....and people will comment on abnormality. I don't know what they wanted or expected folks to say.

Old 01-03-2012, 11:25 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,796,716 times
Quote:
Would Colmes have been so incensed over the issue had it been a liberal dealing with the loss of their child? Somehow I think not.
But you have no way of knowing, do you? So it's just pure specualtion on your part to say that.

Quote:
No it was made a partisan issue by Colmes who is hyper-partisan and would not have made the same comments about a liberal. And it continues to be made a partisan issue, and validates the OP when every person here agreeing with Colmes is one of the board's libs.
Now you're SURE of what Colmes would have done with regards to a liberal! Mind telling me where you got your crystal ball? I want one!

Quote:
Quite a few of the conservative posters here have said hands off spouses and children. I've taken others to task, especially in the thread where someone called Michelle Obama a wookie.

If Rush took a cheap shot like that at Obama then I would call him on it.
Obama himself said in regards to Sarah Palin that families, especially kids, should be off limits.

Rush has taken extremely cheap shots at Democrats' kids, e.g. Chelsea Clinton who he called the "White House Dog" when she was 13.

Now I don't care for Santorum, yet I'm sorry for his loss. Everyone does grieve in their own way. I don't know how old his kids were when they lost this baby; it's possible that taking it home to show them was a bit more than they could handle.

Old 01-03-2012, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
For any one to decide how another family should handle grief is a desecration.

Some police around Dallas decided how a mother grieved the murder of her sons was weird and she was convicted and executed based on how she responded to her loss.

Y'all need to be careful.
If it was a private family matter, then don't put it out there. Why in the hell would you tell the whole world about how you dealt with your grief? It IS bizarre no matter how normal folks wanna make it sound.

Look, nothing against the man, but hell...what did he expect?

Old 01-03-2012, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by personwhoisaperson View Post
It was not wrong or bizarre. They have the right to do whatever they want with that baby to deal with grief. I guess most of you people would have been more comfortable had they put the baby in a freezer? Alan Colmes is one of the most angry people on Fox News. If they had just him on there and no other democrats, he would make it fair and balanced enough with all the leftist crap he spreads.
Why not put it in a freezer? How much MORE bizarre would that be? Hell, the line between bringing it home and putting it in the freezer isn't all that big IMO.

Old 01-03-2012, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
I don't like Santorum one bit, but when I read a story he wrote about his experience, I felt so bad for him and his family that I sent him a note of condolence. I think Colmes was very, very wrong here.
I just don't see how when Santorum put it out there like that if it's a private family matter.

He's supposed to be a religious man, so why would you bring a fetus home for your children to say goodbye to? If it has a soul, seems to me that you'd just pray about it since theoretically, the soul has already gone to heaven (or whatever).

But to say goodbye to a lifeless fetus? Man...i just can't understand that.

But like you say, it's a horrible experience i'm sure. I don't know how i'd act in that circumstance, but i can't see me doing that. That's for sure.

Old 01-03-2012, 11:34 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,799,372 times
My mother had a girl when I was seven. The baby died of a heart defect that is currently curable. Thankfully my step father did not being the corpse home to brag about. He was a mean drunk but not that gross.

My condolences to the Santorum family but that does not mean I find this act acceptable.

Old 01-03-2012, 11:46 AM

25,619 posts, read 36,712,723 times
Amazing how some of you vile liberals are taking what the Rick and his wife did and twisting it in your perverted little minds.

You people would have never survived the time before the 1940's as this was a common occurrence in America and currently in many places around the world. Most funerals occurred in the parlors of homes where all families and friends came to pay their respects to the deceased. Every single one of your ancestors did this without exception at one time or another. Obviously some of you have no idea what its like to be in a large communal loving family that cares for all it members living are not. I thought I could have some common ground with some of you but after this thread its obvious to me that there is not hope for you. Secular liberalism truly is a mental disorder.

Your right sanrene, disgusting.

Last edited by Bulldogdad; 01-03-2012 at 12:00 PM.. Reason: Inserting comma for the ding dong liberals
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies