Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2012, 12:55 AM

13,285 posts, read 15,310,576 times

Advertisements

I find this behavior to be a little bit odd.

But who cares?

Just like this behavior was odd as well.

But who cares?

Apparently lots of people. The people getting all up in arms about who's weird behavior is acceptable and whose isn't are the people's whose behavior worries me the most.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2012, 01:02 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,215,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
As a rule, I do not attend funerals. I have told my family in advance to not have one on my behalf should I meet my demise. However, I accept that I'm the odd man out. In our culture, grieving generally involves viewing a dead body and accepting that what we see is true. That the Santorums elected to do so privately is their business and no more odd than doing so publicly.

I haven't yet paid a lot of attention to Santorum and don't know much about him, but he must be squeaky clean if this is the best the slimy left can do to attack him and his family.
Nah. Sorry, but as bizarre as funerals are (and they're quite bizarre), this is extreme bizarro world in comparison.

The bottom line is that dude should've kept this under wraps as a family matter. This isn't something to go out and tell people publicly if you don't want people to lodge opinions on it either way.

Old 01-04-2012, 08:37 AM

1,329 posts, read 832,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
thanks for being honest. it i understood that left can not run on the results of the last 4 years so the strategy will be you cant be to mean in defaming republicans that is the one chance to get elected
Nice try but I'm not a Democrat...

... and Santorum is stil la homophobic piece of crap.

Old 01-04-2012, 10:57 AM

12,481 posts, read 10,226,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DT113876 View Post
Nice try but I'm not a Democrat...

... and Santorum is stil la homophobic piece of crap.
Nice try i said left not democrats, You can not deal with policy so go personal

Old 01-04-2012, 12:30 PM

25,849 posts, read 16,537,070 times
Feel really bad for the family, but I just can't see myself carrying around a little dead baby. I hope to God I never have to go through what he went through though. Pretty lame to bring this up during a campaign. Totally out of bounds.

Old 01-04-2012, 02:57 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,792,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
Feel really bad for the family, but I just can't see myself carrying around a little dead baby. I hope to God I never have to go through what he went through though. Pretty lame to bring this up during a campaign. Totally out of bounds.
Exactly right. All this nonsense is opinion, and having an opinion on how one handles the loss of a child is petty at best.

The main thing I get out of this - the incessant need to say, or do something horrible, and then make a half-ass apology after the fact:

-NBC apologizing after playing Lyin A$$ BiT%$ on the Fallon show as Bachman came on the stage (nothing meann't there, right?)
-Orlando Jones apologizes for telling liberals to kill Sarah Palin (stop the hate?)
-Barb Byrum (R) kidnapping plot - "Some of you may have seen a Progress Michigan posting here yesterday that poked fun at the kidnapping-for-hire story that broke last night. It was inappropriate to make light of such a serious situation and we regret having done so" (progress?)

as examples.

These low life idiots come out for the worst of reasons and they act like vultures circling this family's tragedy.

Last edited by steven_h; 01-04-2012 at 03:10 PM..

Old 01-07-2012, 04:09 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,956,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Nah. Sorry, but as bizarre as funerals are (and they're quite bizarre), this is extreme bizarro world in comparison.

The bottom line is that dude should've kept this under wraps as a family matter. This isn't something to go out and tell people publicly if you don't want people to lodge opinions on it either way.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
Seems once again, the leftists on here are out of step with the mainstream.

Our bereavement is our own - BostonHerald.com (http://www.bostonherald.com/news/columnists/view.bg?articleid=1393932 - broken link)

Quote:
I was sickened this week when liberal pundits mocked Santorum as “weird” and “crazy,” and tried to use the tragedy to highlight his extreme right-wing views.
Why? This is how they are.

Quote:
The Santorums’ actions are in line with American Pregnancy Association guidelines, which urge grieving parents to talk to and touch their stillborn babies — and for family members to spend time with them as well.
Indeed they are.

Here's another obama derriere-licker, stepping in it as well;

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/joe-scarb...orums-newborn/

Colmes and robinson are the poster boys of the fringe Left.

Old 01-07-2012, 04:30 PM

4,422 posts, read 6,261,700 times
Taking a corpse home so your children can play with it is crazy. This just goes to show you that he is not chemically balanced enough to be president. He isn't any real threat to be president, though. He has no real plan to fix this country other than removing civil rights of women and gays. People are finding out who he really is. However, bringing this incident up 15 years later in a little vicious though. I feel bad for his wife.

Old 01-09-2012, 06:24 AM

6,486 posts, read 6,391,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thenewtexan View Post
Taking a corpse home so your children can play with it is crazy.
I'm still trying to find confirmation on this "playing" thing. In the final link in the OP, Santorum doesn't mention letting his children even TOUCH the corpse (which would've been fine, imo) let alone PLAY with it. He said they brought 'him' home to have a FUNERAL at home, and showed 'him' to his other children.

The more I think about it, the more rational it sounds.

A) What else IS a funeral, other than having people see the corpse and pay their respects?
B) If you had lost a baby you had spent about nine months waiting for, would you really want to just leave it at the hospital once it died? It may have been a corpse to all of us, but it was a dead son to them, not an object to simply throw away. Parents in that sort of situation need time to let go, and some people need that in privacy.

Old 01-10-2012, 04:05 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,956,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thenewtexan View Post
Taking a corpse home so your children can play with it is crazy. This just goes to show you that he is not chemically balanced enough to be president. He isn't any real threat to be president, though. He has no real plan to fix this country other than removing civil rights of women and gays. People are finding out who he really is. However, bringing this incident up 15 years later in a little vicious though. I feel bad for his wife.
I wonder if you ever bothered to READ about the story, or are you just repeating something you heard on MSNBC?

Obviously, you haven't looked at his platform either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies