Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2012, 08:48 AM

14,292 posts, read 9,680,436 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
A disgusting, vile, horrible comment by this nasty liberal.

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2012/01/320232/

He said this on Fox News today and was deservedly pummeled by Lowry.

Alan Colmes: The way Santorum dealt with the death of his child sure was crazy « Hot Air

Scroll down for video.

Apparently, the Santorums got wind of his vile, flippant comments.

What was so crazy about what they did?

Rick Santorum: Alan Colmes called to apologize | The Right Scoop

Wow, so crazy. Staying with your dead child for a few hours in the hospital, then taking him home so the other children can meet him and say their goodbyes.

See, this is how liberals like Colmes think, that something as loving as what the Santorums did was "crazy".

What is wrong with people like alan colmes?
As morbid as this sounded to Colmes, I think it eliminated a potential void in the future, for Santorum's other children, in this way; he went home and say "your new baby brother died" and his children would see and touch the baby, and close that chapter. Children can't grasp abstract concepts very easily, if at all, and seeing and touching their brother would be a real event for them, where as a formal funeral would not be.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2012, 08:56 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,779,853 times
I'm tired of seeing the word "vile" so overused.

Old 01-03-2012, 09:01 AM

1,438 posts, read 1,146,353 times
It was not wrong or bizarre. They have the right to do whatever they want with that baby to deal with grief. I guess most of you people would have been more comfortable had they put the baby in a freezer? Alan Colmes is one of the most angry people on Fox News. If they had just him on there and no other democrats, he would make it fair and balanced enough with all the leftist crap he spreads.

Old 01-03-2012, 09:05 AM

10,420 posts, read 10,830,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
A disgusting, vile, horrible comment by this nasty liberal.

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2012/01/320232/

He said this on Fox News today and was deservedly pummeled by Lowry.

Alan Colmes: The way Santorum dealt with the death of his child sure was crazy « Hot Air

Scroll down for video.

Apparently, the Santorums got wind of his vile, flippant comments.

What was so crazy about what they did?

Rick Santorum: Alan Colmes called to apologize | The Right Scoop

Wow, so crazy. Staying with your dead child for a few hours in the hospital, then taking him home so the other children can meet him and say their goodbyes.

See, this is how liberals like Colmes think, that something as loving as what the Santorums did was "crazy".

What is wrong with people like alan colmes?
Colmes needs to be committed to a home for the mentally insane.

Old 01-03-2012, 09:08 AM

68,330 posts, read 54,400,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pretzelogik View Post
Colmes needs to be committed to a home for the mentally insane.

Perhaps he could share a ward with Coulter and the other rightie hate-mongers?

Old 01-03-2012, 09:09 AM

7,871 posts, read 10,132,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by personwhoisaperson View Post
It was not wrong or bizarre. They have the right to do whatever they want with that baby to deal with grief. I guess most of you people would have been more comfortable had they put the baby in a freezer? Alan Colmes is one of the most angry people on Fox News. If they had just him on there and no other democrats, he would make it fair and balanced enough with all the leftist crap he spreads.
It is a matter of personal taste. My wife and I went through two miscarriages and they are not a fun experience for anyone, but some people seem to feel the need to be public about it.

I had an ex-employee who suffered a fairly early miscarriage. She displayed a rather ghastly photo of the dead fetus, front and center on her desk, for months afterward.

I made her take it home. I sympathize for her loss but it is extremely tacky to expose other people to photos of corpses.

Anyone in this unfortunate situation can do what they like - and it may seem weird to other people, but Santorum being public about it (just to pander for pro-choice votes) was TACKY.

So he should not be surpised or offended if someone comments on its weirdness.

Anyone outraged by Colmes' comments needs to get a life.

Old 01-03-2012, 09:10 AM

3,840 posts, read 4,512,585 times
People deal with grief in their own ways. I hope the sick and judgmental people here, as well as Colmes, never have to find that out for themselves.

Old 01-03-2012, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynternight View Post
People deal with grief in their own ways. I hope the sick and judgmental people here, as well as Colmes, never have to find that out for themselves.
And how did Colmes find out?

I think that's an interesting question.

I find what Santorum did to be sick, and I damn will be judgmental about it.

Old 01-03-2012, 09:11 AM

3,840 posts, read 4,512,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzy24 View Post
Whatever. Not surprised someone like you would defend what Santorum did.
And I'm not surprised someone like you would criticize it.

Old 01-03-2012, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynternight View Post
And I'm not surprised someone like you would criticize it.
And much like the OP, you will judge a person's entire character based on their unwillingness to engage in what probably constitutes corpse abuse under most state laws.

More manufactured outrage.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies